Introducing the ClubSport Shifter V1.5

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited October 2014 in Blog
Earlier this year we had a flood in our factory in China which caused a long delay as all inventory and the machines were destroyed (and not insured).

We knew this will take quite some time so we used this time to make several improvements on the product to make it more reliable. The new V1.5 of the ClubSport Shifter and ClubSport Shifter SQ has a complete new electronics with new hall sensors in order to avoid any calibration issues and improve durability. The looks of the shifter and other functionality remains the same.

All customers who pre-ordered a CSS or CSS SQ will get a free upgrade to this version.

But there is also good news for the owners of the V1 version which we sold. All CSS and CSS SQ will get a warranty extension of an additional year so you do not need to be concerned. If your shifter is among the few which caused trouble then we will fix it. Of course we will only fix shifters with actual problems and will not exchange all V1 against V1.5 now.

The production of V1.5 has already started and the first products are on the way but unfortunately we cannot deliver all shifters as promised by the end of September. The shifters will be delivered according to the purchase date per region within October and the last pre-orders will be fulfilled by the end of October.

New orders now have a delivery date of end of November. The new factory has bigger capacity so we hope that we can start selling directly off the warehouses soon.

Comments

• Awesome news, Thomas. Can't wait to receive my upgraded CS Shifter.
  • Blimey, sorry to hear about the flood damage. So want one of those shifters.
  • I never had any problems with my shifter. Will be happy to take the upgrade since I pre-ordered it thanks a lot Fanatec.
  • Good thing I didn't order, I'll wait for v1.5.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Has there been any talk on a new version of the Clubsport Pedals? I know V2 is out now and want to order it however just want to make sure nothing new right around the corner before I buy.
  • Elie

if you order now. you will get the V1.5

• I had my shifter SQ fixed under warranty a few months ago (it was basically doa upon arrival, constantly missing/switching gears), was it fixed with the new sensors do you know?
  • edited October 2014
    Good thing I didn't order, I'll wait for v1.5.
    In fact, if you did order before like we did, you will instantly receive the updated CS Shifter and ahead of the rest. That's how great Fanatec is. :)

Best,
    JC
  • I was a bit disappointment when I saw the CSS SQ stil wasn't shipped, but with this news and a free upgrade I'm very happy.
    Great job and great service from Fanatec.

Thanks!
  • I've waited for quite some time just to order a CSS SQ, but after I read about this, now that wait is even longer. It'll be worth it in the end though.

I'll more than likely receive mine at the end of October as I ordered a week or so before the end of September.
  • Thomas, you look like "Mad Dog Tannen" on your new profile pic...nice! :)
  • Is payment by paypal only in the untied kingdom?, can i pay by visa card?. Thank you for any reply.
  • in the US both PayPal and credit card payment options are available at checkout.  Can't imagine the UK would be any different.

Henk
  • in the US both PayPal and credit card payment options are available at checkout.  Can't imagine the UK would be any different.

Henk
    Good to know and thanks Henk, i shall be ordering some gear soon.
  • Hi

If I understand this correctly, we that preordered the V1 CSS when it first came out will not get the 1.5 upgrade, but get our warranty time extended. And all the people that preordered the CSS this fall will automatically get the V1.5?

So Fanatec will not be sending out new circout boards to all with CSS V1?

Can i buy the upgrade to V1.5? I do not have any problem with my CSS SQ V1 now, but who knows if there will be a problem in 2 years when the warranty period is over.. will I then have to buy a new CSS?

Best Regards 

Stig
  • Hi

If I understand this correctly, we that preordered the V1 CSS when it first came out will not get the 1.5 upgrade, but get our warranty time extended. And all the people that preordered the CSS this fall will automatically get the V1.5?

So Fanatec will not be sending out new circout boards to all with CSS V1?

Can i buy the upgrade to V1.5? I do not have any problem with my CSS SQ V1 now, but who knows if there will be a problem in 2 years when the warranty period is over.. will I then have to buy a new CSS?

Best Regards 

Stig
    A v1.5 upgrade will not be available (it involves much more than just the circuit board). And we always service products if we can, even if the warranty has run out.

• A v1.5 upgrade will not be available (it involves much more than just the circuit board). And we always service products if we can, even if the warranty has run out.
    Thank you for your answer, I have never had any problems with any of my Fanatec equipment and hopefully never will.   :)>- and if it happens I will contact Fanatec Support.

Best Regards

Stig
  •  The shifters will be delivered according to the purchase date per region within October and the last pre-orders will be fulfilled by the end of October. 

Hey,  what now ?

We are mid-october and still nothing about the CSS V1.5.
    Seems that nobody will have it's CCS before end of October..

Please stop messing with us and stop telling BS. I'm waiting this thing since early May! At this time you already knew about this flood but you delayed my ordrer without any words until I asked (and without giving any reason).

Will we have the CSS soon or not ?
  • http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/shifters/clubsport-shifter-sq-eu.html

Seems that CSS SQ is "in stock"
    But still nothing shipped ... 

• Hubert,

I just checked and it's still pre order.
  • hum.

Yesterday it was "In Stock"

Somebody is messing things up in Fanatec shop...
  • WoW, there is a high demand for this shifter, in stock yesterday and within a few hours they were all sold out.
  • I have the V1 Shifter (H-Sq) and that thing is awesome!!!
  • There are pre-orders running since early May ! (Mine was done the 6 in May, and I'm still waiting)
    They have to honor these preorder before anything else.

AFAIK no CSS was shipped at this time, no way they can have one in stock if they cannot honor the preorders

• The webshop showed "add to cart" on the generic products page. IE all shifters. But if you clicked on the CSS SQ and went to it's individual page it showed "preorder". This has been changed so it now shows product status on every page a product is listed. So it was never in stock and sold out again. Just a glitch.
  • My CSS order stast just came to "shipped"!

Youhou ! At last !
  • Wish it would say that for my v2 base :(

• I've been waiting over 6 months now, closer to 7 months.

Even better (not) those in the US / Europe have dates set that have been waiting less than a month..

Not a fair process at all

• Received my CSS V1.5 Friday. Built like a tank! Works perfectly! Definitely not a toy!! Thanks Fanatec!
  • I received my CSS V1.5 today, set it up no probs, works great. Now I just have to wait for my CSW V2 to turn up.