Introducing the ClubSport Shifter V1.5

13»

Comments

• Forgot to add:
    This I read in the Shifter description, and according to that, you would not need 2 cables or unplugging... ?

Sequential Mode at The Flip of a Switch

The ClubSport Shifter SQ features both the H-Pattern and sequential modes to allow for more driving flexibility and comfort. You can switch from the H-Pattern Mode to the ultra-realistic sequential mode without having to unplug or reboot the shifter, without having to remove the knob and even without needing a tool.

• I also read in V2 base manual that the base will recognise a sq shifter when in port 1, so I guess we'll be fine..
  • I also read in V2 base manual that the base will recognise a sq shifter when in port 1, so I guess we'll be fine..
    Fingers crossed  B-)
  • I continue to have problems with my CSS SQ V1.  It has been repaired 3 times and the shifter is exhibiting the problem once again whereby when I shift to 3rd it sometimes goes to 1st.  I really don't want to ship it in for repair once again (4th time).  Is there anyway I could speak with a manager or other person about returning the unit for a partial credit toward a V1.5 ?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Out of curiosity, which game are you using it with?

• Seems the Sequential spring is becoming a bit of a weak point myself, 2 others and Lee in the thread all have snapped springs.

Mine broke last night but Fanatec seem to be on the ball with replacing the springs.
  • Just happened upon this thread as I have owned the CSS SQ v1.5 since last August. Brilliant Shifter and absolutely love it, especially how you can easily throw a switch to swap from Sequential to H pattern. I only race on PC and this is fantastic.

I mostly use Sequential and yesterday while upshifting I heard a sharp snap noise and the gear lever failed to return to center by itself. Opened it up and the Gear shaft return spring had snapped at the apex.  Very surprising as it is a high tensile steel and as it is only being stressed a very short distance I would have expected it to last much longer - I am sure Fanatec did too.  

Hopefully the replacement springs are of a better quality and last considerably longer as my Shifter really has only had less than 6 months use of about 3 or 4 hours per week in the 8 months I have owned it - so that is only about 70 to 90 hours of use which is pretty low and I only softly nudge the lever to change gear.
  • edited June 2016
    I just received my shifter and although the springs seem fine, it does not assign gears correctly. In iRacing Rev and 1st contact the same button indicating Rev. The shifter when not acting against a spring (left or right) shifts into 1st (not 3rd as it should) and 4th.  When pushed to the right it engages 5th and 4th (not 6th). Only by pushing against the spring will the buttons for 6th and 7th make contact. 

I think the gate is misaligned but I see no way to adjust it. The screw on the side only adjusts force needed to move the shifter, not its position relative to the gate.  Anyone else have this problem?
  • Did you calibrate the shifter before your 1st use as directed?
  • edited June 2016
    Found the calibration instructions.  Thanks. Working now.

Thanks for the help.