Fanatec products on Xbox One UPDATE

Comments

• Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited December 2014
    I didn't say put it on the wheel. That would be stupid.  Make a dongle or adaptor to plug into an available port (usb or cat 5/6 port) in the base, then attach the headset to that. 

• Let's hope someday Fanatec develops some kind of thing...but I think it's not gonna happen.
    M$ needs to come with a decent wireless headset like with the 360
  • Let's hope someday Fanatec develops some kind of thing...but I think it's not gonna happen.
    M$ needs to come with a decent wireless headset like with the 360
    That would be brilliant. Let's hope at least one of these solutions can be, will be implemented.

• Good find, Antoine. I just cast my vote. 
  • Got that one in an email a while ago. Check full site, all kinds of stuff you can vote on..and maybe bring up new ideas. These ARE checked by M$ and some allready implemented in the updates. So maybe...
  • Thomas. Time for the xbox one wheel announcement. :x
  • Thomas. Time for the xbox one wheel announcement. :x
    Yeah the end of the year is here.
  • I think he's got us hangin till tomorrow 23.59 German time. Hahaha
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited December 2014

What are you talking about? There are lots of custom wheels for PC sim racing that work on multiple bases and therefore, have a cable to the USB in order to function and nobody is having their wires "go crazy or break while turning the wheel left and right". I can just off the top of my head think of multiple ways to do this without it being in the base. Easiest solution is for MS to allow the headset to function through the gamepad while racing on the wheel, but no word of that, yet.

The only way to have that is that its build in the Base. How else do you think the wiring of the headset could stay steady if it's not attached to the base. Just plug into the wheel is not an option cause you would see the wire go crazy and break while turning the wheel left and right.
    Imo it's not Fanatecs responsibility to add a headset plug...would have been nice but hey that's life.
    With the 360 only the M$ wheel had the headset plug.....M$ responsibility only!

• Sign in, Vote and Comment here EVERYONE.

I prefer the headset the way it works now. Every wireless headset I used suffered interference, would crackle and pop when the batteries were weak and of course the batteries dying in the middle of a race just sucked.
  • edited December 2014
    @Jason...it ALLREADY IS possible to use the headset on the controller with FM5 and the TX wheel, BUT only if you charge the controller....cause it turns off after a couple off minutes to save batteries !!!
  • And signing in with the wheel as a controller and the handset controller at the same time would mean you'd have to link both to a race. You'd have to choose a car for each controller in a race, then park one while you raced the other. Or would you just sign in to a party/chat with the handset controller and just talk through it. Hmmm. Or am I wrong? Don't know, I've never tried it. Never had to. 

• edited December 2014
    http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst11010_Using-XB1-headset-with-TX-wheel.aspx

So if Fanatec resolves this like TM does with a firmware update it isn't such a bad thing. Only shittie thing is that the controller needs to be on a charger continuously to not turn it off automatically !!!!!
  • And signing in with the wheel as a controller and the handset controller at the same time would mean you'd have to link both to a race. You'd have to choose a car for each controller in a race, then park one while you raced the other. Or would you just sign in to a party/chat with the handset controller and just talk through it. Hmmm. Or am I wrong? Don't know, I've never tried it. Never had to. 

That's how it was on the X360. On the XOne, it is possible to have multiple controllers tied to a single profile. For example, if you have two controllers turned on while playing Forza Horizon 2, both controllers are active inputs. The Xbox accepts all input from both, so you could chat with a controller while playing with a wheel.
  • Thanks, Luke. When the time comes, and if Fanatec and/or MS don't come up with a solution, that might be a work around. Cheers!

• An hour till midnight in Germany..

Thomas, will the X1 rim be announced this year as was previously stated?

guess not, hopefully soon. I might get impatient and buy a different rim. probably what they want

Depending on the interpretation, and looking at examples of miscommunication in the past, there is a chance that the announcement of Xbox One compatibility via CSW V2 + Xbox One rim was the announcement alluded to earlier. I was really hoping that wasn't the case. Oh well.

Depending on the interpretation, and looking at examples of miscommunication in the past, there is a chance that the announcement of Xbox One compatibility via CSW V2 + Xbox One rim was the announcement alluded to earlier. I was really hoping that wasn't the case. Oh well.
    I'm not sure if there is any other interpretation, tbh.

"We will announce this product at the end of this year."

When they stated in an earlier blog "A New Product - 7-6-5-4-3-2-1" there was the official announcement of the v2 base 7 days later, so pretty sure there is no confusion from their end of what a "product" is.

The only thing this blog "Fanatec products on Xbox One UPDATE" is announcing is the license agreement between Fanatec and Microsoft. And was made in early October, no less, not "at the end of this year". I surely hope they wouldn't call announcing the license agreement a "product". If so, maybe it's time for better PR/localization staff.

Either way, pretty disappointing. :^o
  • @Jason...it ALLREADY IS possible to use the headset on the controller with FM5 and the TX wheel, BUT only if you charge the controller....cause it turns off after a couple off minutes to save batteries !!!
    Mine doesn't ever turn off when I'm racing on PC using the HDMI input on the XO. That is what I mean about MS needs to update so it doesn't shut off when using a wheel at the same time.

• I'll never understand anyone that wants to buy this type of equipment(CSW) just to race on consoles, unless you just have money to blow. If you're buying this equipment, you should be playing racing/simulation games on PC as well to see the full functionality/value in it.

late to the party on this one but I for one am a huge fan of sim racing and have been for close to 20 years.  I got out of PC gaming about 10 years ago, simply because I had a hard time justifying the continual need to upgrade.  I picked up console about 5 or 6 years ago to help feed the desire for gaming,  

I understand that PC gaming is a much more fulfilling experience than on a console, however $400 for an Xbox one, plus the ~$800 for a good wheel is still cheaper than what it would cost me to build a new gaming rig (let alone the peripherals)   having a young family at home I don't have endless hours to game anymore either, a console fits my needs for right now.

That being said I am extremely interested in what is to come for xbox one.  It would be really nice to see an official announcement for a Xbox one "package"  I would be at the front of the line waving my credit card in the air saying take my money to get a good wheel.

I also was affraid Thomas had put that up incorrectly in words....and became true.
    Now the long wait till we can see the products when we can (pre) order I guess. I hope Thomas now is smart enough to use this time to fully fabricate the wheels, have enough stock to deliver instantly and not again use the invite code system. I only bought the base due to warranty time on the other products since I'm only waiting for the wheel to buy the pedals etc.
    Cause than I'll be last one in line for the invite !!!!
  • Hi all, new to the forum after getting back into primarily console gaming, now owning an X1 and enjoying Forza 2 Horizon.

Looking to buy the V2 base, and of course very much interested when an X1 rim will be available.

In the meantime will look to buy the base and addional setup for PC, EU invite code most welcomed.

Thanks.
  • Check the invite codes topic JP. People are offering them on a daily bases.
  • Thanks Antoine, saw that thread after posting here, fingers crossed for an EU code plus loking fwd to update on X1 rims.

Happy New Year everyone.

• I'll never understand anyone that wants to buy this type of equipment(CSW) just to race on consoles, unless you just have money to blow. If you're buying this equipment, you should be playing racing/simulation games on PC as well to see the full functionality/value in it.

late to the party on this one but I for one am a huge fan of sim racing and have been for close to 20 years.  I got out of PC gaming about 10 years ago, simply because I had a hard time justifying the continual need to upgrade.  I picked up console about 5 or 6 years ago to help feed the desire for gaming,  

I understand that PC gaming is a much more fulfilling experience than on a console, however $400 for an Xbox one, plus the ~$800 for a good wheel is still cheaper than what it would cost me to build a new gaming rig (let alone the peripherals)   having a young family at home I don't have endless hours to game anymore either, a console fits my needs for right now.

That being said I am extremely interested in what is to come for xbox one.  It would be really nice to see an official announcement for a Xbox one "package"  I would be at the front of the line waving my credit card in the air saying take my money to get a good wheel.

Fanatec explained they are making a broad line-up for 8th generation. If money is a concern, you could get a CSR v2 or CSR-E v2(I don't know what the names will be, just examples) without shelling out $800+. This would also make the pain less for the when the youngins have a go with the wheel and break/dirty it. I'll tell you that I'll be monitoring my 2 year old very closely when he wants to play with daddy's v2. And make sure his hands are clean, haha, you know how it goes i'm sure ;)
  • So ready to pull the trigger on a V2 base, however a little nervous about this significant investment in a full setup, including the ClubSport Pedals V2, without any firmer details about Xbone rims.

Hoping we get something along the lines of the 918 RSR wheel as one of the options, that rim is just gorgeous.

Playing FM2 Horizon at the moment and loving it despite using a controller. If anyone wishes to add me, Xbox live gamertag is Lord Grumpbeard :)
  • So ready to pull the trigger on a V2 base, however a little nervous about this significant investment in a full setup, including the ClubSport Pedals V2, without any firmer details about Xbone rims.

Hoping we get something along the lines of the 918 RSR wheel as one of the options, that rim is just gorgeous.

Playing FM2 Horizon at the moment and loving it despite using a controller. If anyone wishes to add me, Xbox live gamertag is Lord Grumpbeard :)
    Do you already have a wheel/pedal setup? You could always try one of those adapters. It will atleast let you use your wheel for the time being while waiting to decide if you want to jump into the v2 club.

Pretty decent I'll say with Horizon 2.

• Hey Dillon,

Thanks for response. Dont have any wheel setup at moment. Hoping to get it right first time with a V2 setup once I see more of the xbone rim offerings.

As an aside, always keen to race on F2H with those who drive clean and dont side swipe other cars off track, even if they are in same team for team races!

Cheers