Fanatec products on Xbox One UPDATE

1234568»

Comments

• Or, or, or, or.
    Maybe, maybe, maybe.
    For how long?

I wish that info about March was posted in December - damn me, I wish!
  • "we plan to make an announcement by the end of march so you know what to do if you plan to buy Project CARS". To me, the way Thomas put it here is basically: we won't release a wheel by then, so go buy Thrustmaster. Still, hope I'm wrong.

....or. They may have a cheaper wheel (like TM T100) for pCars release with V base rims out for FM6.

My opinion. Hope im wrong. Cdw a rim way before FM6.

Since they building everything up around the V2 and there have been no hints at a new wheel this doesn't seem likely. 
  • "we plan to make an announcement by the end of march so you know what to do if you plan to buy Project CARS". To me, the way Thomas put it here is basically: we won't release a wheel by then, so go buy Thrustmaster. Still, hope I'm wrong.

....or. They may have a cheaper wheel (like TM T100) for pCars release with V base rims out for FM6.

Since they building everything up around the V2 and there have been no hints at a new wheel this doesn't seem likely. 

I'd be shocked if they only produced Xbox One rims for the CSWv2 and didn't make a newer CSR or GT2 etc.. They will cover all price points this way.

I'd be shocked if they only produced Xbox One rims for the CSWv2 and didn't make a newer CSR or GT2 etc.. They will cover all price points this way.
    I am sorry to say but Thomas has already answered this question. Only the CSW V2 will be compatible with the xbox one. One good point about this is that the CSW V2 is able to be upgraded beyond the xbox one and PS4. What he is saying is that the V2 has the ability to be updated to future consoles by way of updating firmware and rims. Which is the reason I sold my CSR elite.

I am sorry to say but Thomas has already answered this question. Only the CSW V2 will be compatible with the xbox one. One good point about this is that the CSW V2 is able to be upgraded beyond the xbox one and PS4. What he is saying is that the V2 has the ability to be updated to future consoles by way of updating firmware and rims. Which is the reason I sold my CSR elite.

I don't think he said "only" the CSWv2 will be Xbox One compatible. What he said was existing wheels WON'T be compatible. He said there would be various products over a few price points. This to me means a X1 CSR like wheel. It makes total sense to make a CSR like X1 wheel because it hits a totally different price point and customer base.
  •  He said there would be various products over a few price points. This to me means a X1 CSR like wheel. It makes total sense to make a CSR like X1 wheel because it hits a totally different price point and customer base.

I read this as different price points for wheel rims, F1 rim at $180, BMW rim at $250 and Porsche rim at $400. They changed the naming convention for the parts from wheels and wheel rims to wheel base and wheels. Eventually I wouldn't be surprised if there was a less advanced wheel that supports it, but not this year, they are exceeding their expectations for the demand of the V2. If they hadn't announced Xbox one support when they did I wouldn't have bought the wheel, and I am sure there are plenty of people like me who wanted the support and were willing to pay for it. 
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited January 2015

He said there would be various products over a few price points. This to me means a X1 CSR like wheel. It makes total sense to make a CSR like X1 wheel because it hits a totally different price point and customer base.

I read this as different price points for wheel rims, F1 rim at $180, BMW rim at $250 and Porsche rim at $400. They changed the naming convention for the parts from wheels and wheel rims to wheel base and wheels. Eventually I wouldn't be surprised if there was a less advanced wheel that supports it, but not this year, they are exceeding their expectations for the demand of the V2. If they hadn't announced Xbox one support when they did I wouldn't have bought the wheel, and I am sure there are plenty of people like me who wanted the support and were willing to pay for it. 

So you're saying no stand alone X1 wheel in 2015? With Forza 6 coming out I'd be very surprised if that's true. Remember once the R&D is done for the CSWv2 then it can be ported over to a stand alone wheel. And if you look at the Porsche and CSR lineups there hasn't been a lot of physical changes made from wheel to wheel. They could do a wheel in the same vein of the CSR with the X1 chip and be ready fairly quick. I think to capitalize on Xbox One/Forza they have to have a stand alone wheel. Those of us that have bought the CSWv2 for X1/PS4 are in the minority of console users. We are the more vocal tho too be sure. Lol. :-@ %-(
  • I just don't see it for this year, and yeah the physical changes on the porsche wheels and CSR were small, however they have left that platform for dead, everything is about the CSW. The CSR is the last wheel on that platform and it has been out a few years, they would have released some upgrade to it if they were continuing that line of wheels. They have been moving more and more upscale and modular. The V2 is future proof, next gen consoles they can build new rims that fit on the base. 

Like you said the number of V2 owners for consoles is low, but that extends to wheel owners in general, Buying a $200 wheel for a $400 console is not something most people do. When the Turbo S came out for 360 it had a build limit of 10000 units, and took from Oct 09 until the following Oct before they sold out. They launched with Forza 3 and a game that sold 6 million copies only turned into 10000 wheels sold. So only about 0.16% of Forza buyers bought a wheel. There were about 45 million 360s sold so shift the decimal place a few more. The Xbox One only has about 12 million consoles, Forza 5 sold under 2 million copies. So even assuming Forza 6 hits 2 million, at the same attach rate of copies of Forza to wheels they would only sell about 3000 wheels and that is not taking into account all of the sales from the V2 and the people who didnt wait and bought a Thrustmaster.

That really doesn't seem worth their time when they can just force people to buy a V2 at a better profit margin, maybe they lose some sales to thrustmaster, but people who want the best product will spend the money on the V2. 

When the Xbox One install base is bigger or they can get PS4 support it may be worth having a lower end wheel, maybe in time for GT7, have an all in one wheel and sell new rims for the V2. 

So my best guess is not this year, announced end of next year with a fall 2017 launch to coincide with the battle of GT7 Forza 7, which will probably launch at the same time and possibly based on development cycles Driveclub 2 and Project Cars 2 all for that holiday season. 
  • can i upgrade the ClubSport Wheel Base V1.5 with the wheel for xbox one later this year? yes or no? thank you :)
  • Actually, you would only need to read 4 pages of posts 
    can i upgrade the ClubSport Wheel Base V1.5 with the wheel for xbox one later this year? yes or no? thank you :)
    Highly doubtful, I also have the CSW v1.5 and think it will have the same fate as the v1, no X1/PS4 support. That feature is likely going to be exclusive to the CSW v2 for the foreseeable future.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited February 2015
    For those who ordered Project Cars for the Xbone, after their release update in early January. I just got this from Amazon:

We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on January 10, 2015 (Order# *************************).

"Project Cars, Xbox One"
    Estimated ship date: April 10, 2015
  • Project Cars, mid May release now. I still hope the Xbone wheel will be released ahead of that, and not use this as an excuse to delay the projected mid March release. Oh, this is mid March. Never mind. http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-release-date-moves-to-may-2015/

• I think Thomas has a secret deal with the guys from SMS.....They are stalling because Fanatec can't reveal the XOne wheels YET. Whoehahahahahhha lmao
  • OK Fanatec. I'm an Xbox one owner. Waiting for the replacement to my CSR.

I'm not moving up market either. I hope there is news on a mid market wheel soon.
  • OK Fanatec. I'm an Xbox one owner. Waiting for the replacement to my CSR.

I'm not moving up market either. I hope there is news on a mid market wheel soon.
    don't even have info on the high end yet, probably next year before a mid market one is available. 
  • With the announced and Windows 10 in XboxOne backward compatibility, the steering wheels that are compatible PC can be used in XboxOne? Is that possible? I have the steering wheels Fanatec: Elite CSR and the CSR that I use to play on the Xbox 360. It would be possible to use now on Xbox ONE?
  • Nope, you still need the XOne chip. Which is only in the XOne hub for now
  • Sorry if this has been covered. The Porsche GT3 RS V2 FF wheel that works beautifully on PS4 and PC should be an available option for XB1. Better than the Thrustmaster 458 Italia TX, and looks much better. Both PS4 and XB1 use the same X86 architecture, so why isn't this offered for the XB1 also? I can't justify the $1290 (CSR universal base, pedals and Xbox One rim) for a $350 console. I'm not knocking the new CSR universal hub, but the reality is that only a high end PC ($5K build) SIM racer could justify this expense, not a $350 console with limited games and lifespan.
    Why won't you release for Xbox One? Is it a licensing issue, or Microsoft having a deal with Thrustmaster that is stopping this?