CSW B V2 discount reduction

Comments

• I have yet to receive a code. what is the deal?
  • Paul CasilioPaul Casilio Member
    edited October 2014
    Will the Clubsport B V2 work with the xbox one eventually or will there just plain be new wheels bases for this generation?

Thank you in advance.
    they said there will be a rim for xbox one with this wheel base, last blog entry. 
    Any time frame, though?

Of the 12 wheels on sale right now, not one is compatible with the Xbox One (obviously), but also they are not compatible with the 360.

I don't mind buying the V2, but as an xbox one/360 racer I would like to know, respectfully, when we might expect to see the wheels for sale, or even see the wheels for just plain viewing of what to expect.

• Will the Clubsport B V2 work with the xbox one eventually or will there just plain be new wheels bases for this generation?

Thank you in advance.
    they said there will be a rim for xbox one with this wheel base, last blog entry. 
    Any time frame, though?

Of the 12 wheels on sale right now, not one is compatible with the Xbox One (obviously), but also they are not compatible with the 360.

I don't mind buying the V2, but as an xbox one/360 racer I would like to know, respectfully, when we might expect to see the wheels for sale, or even see the wheels for just plain viewing of what to expect.

No time frame yet, Thomas said earlier in this thread that he didn't want to promise a time and not be able to make it, but that he has been waiting to play Forza 5 with this wheel and that he doesnt want to have to wait until Q315. So I guess the answer is sometime in the next 10 months. My guess would be after this wheel is fully launched they do it, so maybe Feb-Apr timeframe. 

I just bought the base and will wait, but it depends on your patience level, is having your money tied up in a wheel base for months worth it to you? I had to wait 4 months for my Turbo S when it was released, so long waits are what happens with Fanatec, but the products are worth waiting for. 

Also if you are waiting on 360 support this one may never have it. 
  • Jacko, I guess another question that could be asked is, are we to start expecting more 'Pre-Order" buttons for FANATEC products and will see price increase if demand is high?

I love the FANATEC products and have no problem paying full retail, but to offer Pre-Order or "Coupons" and then change sale pricing is a way to challenge your customer base.

The coupons were designed for your existing (i.e. loyal) customer base (up to them whether they trade or not) but price increases just because of delivery challenges is a unique business model at best...

BTW, I still want my coupon code very much, it's my choice to pay what I pay...
  • Another day and no code. My unihub might be out of warranty by the time I get to use it.
  •  

I just bought the base and will wait, but it depends on your patience level, is having your money tied up in a wheel base for months worth it to you? I had to wait 4 months for my Turbo S when it was released, so long waits are what happens with Fanatec, but the products are worth waiting for. 
    Thanks for the information, splashing out the kind of money needed to purchase the Endor/Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base Version 2 and then having to wait months for the delivery of that wheel base is a no go for me on principle alone. They have the other products in stock now but absolutely pointless purchasing those units without the wheel base, if you're a new customer like i am, i want all the gear in one go obviously to test and make sure there is no fault with the products. I would rather have the delivery time reduced greatly all round, that's why flying in the wheel base would make the product available quicker and ready to ship out to customers, remember there is a cost to air miles on their end. Waiting months is a joke, sorry, not going to happen here. Will wait it out when stock is plenty, otherwise i keep my money in my bank account, simple as really. Here's hoping for greater supply and plenty of stock in the not so distant future, waiting it out, want my cash?, gaurantee me plenty of stock on order/purchasing. I can understand the demand right now and that is fair play so i shall play the waiting game ( Q1-Q2 2015?). If i get fed up of waiting i shall buy something else.
  • I ordered Clubsport Pedals on June 23, 2009. Has anyone received a code in this new wave of invites that ordered their product more recent than this? I'm just trying to see how much waiting I will need to do, and how much more I will potentially need to spend...
  • Please give us some kind of news about the PS4,  Tell us your working on it at leased, PLEASE !
  • Can anyone who has already pre-ordered confirm, is your card charged on despatch (as is usual for this kind of pre-order situation) or do Fanatec charge you at the pre-order stage?

If its the latter, as has been insinuated by many on here, then that really does not seem good practice. I don't fancy paying for something when I have no firm idea of a despatch/availability date (or even a public release date).

• Can anyone who has already pre-ordered confirm, is your card charged on despatch (as is usual for this kind of pre-order situation) or do Fanatec charge you at the pre-order stage?

If its the latter, as has been insinuated by many on here, then that really does not seem good practice. I don't fancy paying for something when I have no firm idea of a despatch/availability date (or even a public release date).

Charged right away
  • edited October 2014

Can anyone who has already pre-ordered confirm, is your card charged on despatch (as is usual for this kind of pre-order situation) or do Fanatec charge you at the pre-order stage?

Charged right away

Thanks, that what I thought (unfortunately, not what I hoped though).
  • We actually followed the survey as we thought about to cancel the discount once all owners of the CSW V1 and CSR E had the chance to buy the CSW B V2 and fly in the wheels. The low price of 499,95 was a combination of loyalty reward and pre-order incentive.

We only made a moderate price increase as the waiting time gets shorter. A pre-order discount is not logical if it stays the same no matter if you wait one week or 3 months.

Because of the survey we decided not t fly in more wheels and keep the low price for now but if we come closer to release we need to increase the price again.

But I can already promise that all Fanatec customers will get the chance to purchase the CSW B V2 with a discount of at least 50,- (EU and US or similar amount in AU and J). But you need to use the code as soon as you get it. You can wait until the wheels arrived in the warehouse but then you will pay the full price.

I hope that this makes sense to you.
    WTH is this?!  I have no opportunity to pre-order to date (been waiting a month since the email stating I will get a code), but you say that since we waited to pre-order we have to pay more?  Wow, going to have to rethink going this path with Fanatec. Loyalty? HA!  For being in business as long as you have, there is no excuse for your constant inability to get product predictably.

SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES!
  • What an odd business model ... "we want to honor the loyalty of our existing customers"?
    ... And therefore I assume Endor AG has no interest in attracting NEW customers and building their brand and reputation ?
    Perhaps it is my fault for discovering what appears to be a World class product that unless you had it before , you can't get ?

They aren't even honoring the loyalty of current customers!  I bought a GT3RS and CS pedal set 5+ years ago and still haven't seen a code (understand that they can't all go out at once)...now the price is rising and I get the impression that it will go up another $25US before I even get an opportunity to purchase.  Ridiculous.
  • Paul CasilioPaul Casilio Member
    edited October 2014
    Will the Clubsport B V2 work with the xbox one eventually or will there just plain be new wheels bases for this generation?

Thank you in advance.
    Any time frame, though?

No time frame yet, Thomas said earlier in this thread that he didn't want to promise a time and not be able to make it, but that he has been waiting to play Forza 5 with this wheel and that he doesnt want to have to wait until Q315. So I guess the answer is sometime in the next 10 months. My guess would be after this wheel is fully launched they do it, so maybe Feb-Apr timeframe. 

Also if you are waiting on 360 support this one may never have it. 
    Thanks a lot, Josha, for your info.

As far as my 360 don't weep for me as I have my 911 GT2 wheel! :)

I still may go for it given your speculation above.  I am always up for advancing technology, but what I don't want to have happen is buy the V2 wheel base, wait, then have the X1 Wheel base release...along with a potential V3!  :((   Probably unlikely, but it would be annoying.

Again, thank you!

• I ordered Clubsport Pedals on June 23, 2009. Has anyone received a code in this new wave of invites that ordered their product more recent than this? I'm just trying to see how much waiting I will need to do, and how much more I will potentially need to spend...

I bought my CSPV2 on Sept 2013 and have received an email but no code as yet. I am in Melbourne.
  • Porsche GT2 wheel with CS pedals and stuff: Aug 2011
    Info regarding the code: 19th Sep 2014
    Code arrived: 13 Oct 2014
    Purchase 14 Oct 2014: paid 525 EUR, so 75 EUR not 100 EUR less.
    Was I late for advertised discount?

Now, I wonder if the purchase of v2 has had any sense since nobody knows when and for how much next-gen steering wheels might be available...
  • Porsche GT2 wheel with CS pedals and stuff: Aug 2011
    Info regarding the code: 19th Sep 2014
    Code arrived: 13 Oct 2014
    Purchase 14 Oct 2014: paid 525 EUR, so 75 EUR not 100 EUR less.
    Was I late for advertised discount?

Now, I wonder if the purchase of v2 has had any sense since nobody knows when and for how much next-gen steering wheels might be available...

Wait a sec. You have a code?

My GT2, CS pedals, Shifter set and Wheel stand were purchased December 20th 2010, i.e. my order was placed before yours. I am yet to receive a code. I was on the first batch of the GT2 and bought the package with the shifter, pedals and carbon paddles.

Thomas. You did post in your thread that customers with older purchase dates would get codes first.

I can accept a slight price hike as normal production approaches, but not following the invite code order release seems "not very nice".

• Sorry, dude.
    It is all written above ;)
    Maybe there are some other factors?
    Like I bought a stand on the top of that what you bought, so obviously I paid more ;)
  • Sime ColakSime Colak Member
    edited October 2014
    Sorry, dude.
    It is all written above ;)
    Maybe there are some other factors?
    Like I bought a stand on the top of that what you bought, so obviously I paid more ;)

I bought a stand too. So you didn't really. I later (May 2011) bought a RF dongle and a CSP tuning  kit. So doubt you spent more  :P

I also never got the headshot controller all of us on pre order were supposed to get because of the shipping delay. Not that I ever cared though. The headshot controller wasn't the reason for my purchase :P

What location you in? I'm in EU.

• Trust me, I didn't want to spoil your morning, man! :)

EU.
  • Trust me, I didn't want to spoil your morning, man! :)

EU.

No spoiling. In a way it's good news. It means I should be getting my code soon.

Thomas should provide info on wave 2 though. Based on the info so far I should have gotten the code before you. We are in the same region after all and we bought the same stuff. Only I did so 9 months before you did.

So basically I am expecting a code very very soon :)

• Good luck!

So far, I consider Fanatec to be so careless about their (loyal) customers...
  • WHEN ARE THE FIRST ORDERS GOING TO BE SHIPPED !!!WAITING WAITING AND THE SHIFTIER WAITING WATING 
  • Purchase date June 23, 2009, so I should've had my invite before both of you! Grrr... Well, I'm happy for you Jedrzej. Shouldn't have to wait much more.

Thomas? Please look into my orders, #302158 and #303208. I look forward to giving you my money today!

• Purchase date June 23, 2009, so I should've had my invite before both of you! Grrr... Well, I'm happy for you Jedrzej. Shouldn't have to wait much more.

Thomas? Please look into my orders, #302158 and #303208. I look forward to giving you my money today!

So what did you buy?

It's probably not a bad idea to post what you bought and when, and then compare to others who have to code. Maybe there is some kind of logic to all of this :P

• I'm in the US, and that is the date that I preordered the PWTS Clubsport Edition. That's the first order number. The second order number is when they shipped it, three months later. I'm not really sure why that turned into two different orders, but oh well.
  • Well they handle regions independantly it seems. So you wouldn't have your queue mixed with ours in EU.

Would be nice if Thomas could add queue number in the Fanatec webshop profile :P

• Yeah, I am aware that regions are queued seperately. I'm just running low on patience and getting excited, even though I won't have an Xbox One rim for a while. LOL. I can't help it. After playing with the Turbo S wheel for five years, I am already tired of driving with a controller, and I've only had a One for a couple months. Waiting for Fanatec's great products is hard!
  • Hi everyone,
    I got my new CSR elite from someone else, so I wont get a code.
    IF ANYBODY IN AUSTRALIA HAS A CODE THEY DONT WANT, CAN THEY PASS IT ON TO ME ......PLEASE.....?
    [email protected]

thanks

James
  • wouldn't surprise me if the next update was another delay :P