CSW B V2 discount reduction

123457»

Comments

• I never got an email about the code being issued , but happen to check here and found I had been issued a code , but it was already expired.

Sent an email to Fanatec and was issued a second code, and I received a full discount (75 at time of order and 25 refund the next day.

Fanatec has a loyal customer here in Georgia

• Cant wait im am busting at the seams to use my new gear!!! please give a date for dispatch 
  • Hi everyone,
    I got my new CSR elite from someone else, so I wont get a code.
    IF ANYBODY IN AUSTRALIA HAS A CODE THEY DONT WANT, CAN THEY PASS IT ON TO ME ......PLEASE.....?
    [email protected]

thanks

James
    Got my code and placed an order. Will pass my code onto you when I receive my second code.

• Well, I'm happy for you Jedrzej. Shouldn't have to wait much more.

Thanks, man.

I never got an email about the code being issued , but happen to check here and found I had been issued a code , but it was already expired.

Sent an email to Fanatec and was issued a second code, and I received a full discount (75 at time of order and 25 refund the next day.

Fanatec has a loyal customer here in Georgia

Right, now it is my turn to complain!
    Why did I get discount of 75 only?
    Can anyone explain that?
    My code did not expire, I made the purchase very next day after receiving it - and you got 75 + 25, despite (previously) expired code.
    Another lack of logic here?
  • Looking for a AUSTRALIA code... If anyone has one to spare... Cheers  :)>-

• wouldn't surprise me if the next update was another delay :P

If it is there will be at least one more v-2 for some one I will ask for my money back  this has gotten old after all this is just a game

• Right, now it is my turn to complain!
    Can anyone explain that?
    My code did not expire, I made the purchase very next day after receiving it - and you got 75 + 25, despite (previously) expired code.

I think it's because you got your code as part of wave 2, where the discount is 75.

He got his code as part of wave 1, when the discount was 100. Fanatec made a mistake by not sending him an email informing him of the code delivery, i.e. he missed the full 100 discount because THEY made a mistake, not he. Which is why they reimbursed him the extra 25.

You on the other hand were never meant to get the 100 discount.

Honestly I'd be a happy camper if I got a code pretty soon and a 75 discount. Still no code for me :(

• I have to mention this suggestion again. Please consider to use this concept used by controllermax.
    simply leave a USB port on the wheel base and let user plug a game pad for the platform they want to use the wheel base with, then simply bypass the verification protocol to the plugged game pad. That's all, you can make the wheel base compatible with any current/future console/platform with a simple firmware update and you don't need any permission/agreement from any console maker.
    please do consider this suggestion since fanatec hasn't shipped any v2 base yet, fanatec still have the chance to do it in the right way.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I have to mention this suggestion again. Please consider to use this concept used by controllermax.
    simply leave a USB port on the wheel base and let user plug a game pad for the platform they want to use the wheel base with, then simply bypass the verification protocol to the plugged game pad. That's all, you can make the wheel base compatible with any current/future console/platform with a simple firmware update and you don't need any permission/agreement from any console maker.
    please do consider this suggestion since fanatec hasn't shipped any v2 base yet, fanatec still have the chance to do it in the right way.
    If we would do this, it would clearly infringe the IP of Microsoft and we would never be able to make an official licensed wheel again.

Besides that, we could only emulate the controller you plug in. If you plug in a controller you can only emulate a controller. No force feedback and no advanced features.

This is not the right way to go...
  • I have to mention this suggestion again. Please consider to use this concept used by controllermax.
    If we would do this, it would clearly infringe the IP of Microsoft and we would never be able to make an official licensed wheel again.

Besides that, we could only emulate the controller you plug in. If you plug in a controller you can only emulate a controller. No force feedback and no advanced features.

I keep trying to tell people this on the youtube channel about the CMAX adaptor. It just emulates at wheel. It not even a true solution. It is just exploiting a controller bug.

I keep trying to tell people this on the youtube channel about the CMAX adaptor. It just emulates at wheel. It not even a true solution. It is just exploiting a controller bug.
    It's better than nothing.. And It's not meant to be a "true solution", where do you people get your information?
  • This is not the right way to go...
    Neither is breaking promises to loyal customers...
  • Right, now it is my turn to complain!
    Can anyone explain that?

I think it's because you got your code as part of wave 2, where the discount is 75.

He got his code as part of wave 1, when the discount was 100. Fanatec made a mistake by not sending him an email informing him of the code delivery, i.e. he missed the full 100 discount because THEY made a mistake, not he. Which is why they reimbursed him the extra 25.

You on the other hand were never meant to get the 100 discount.

Honestly I'd be a happy camper if I got a code pretty soon and a 75 discount. Still no code for me :(

What makes one eligible for wave 1 or 2?

• What makes one eligible for wave 1 or 2?
    Wave 1 - customers who previously bought CSW v1 or CSRE.
    Wave 2 - customer who have bought other clubsport equipment from fanatec. However, not all of these will receive a €75 discount.

Wow, I didn't realize that in this approach then wheel can only emulate the controller plugged in. 
    now I understand. Thanks a lot, Thomas. 
  • I've got a code, I don't want to use it, if someone is interested, send me a pm
  • I've forgot, but the code works only on the european shop
  • I have an Aussie code but am currently out of work so cannot afford to use it :(

If anyone wants to gift me a reasonable sum for it via paypal I will gift them the code !

pm me your best offer if you like the idea.
  • On second thought I have decided not good to sell this code and I see it can be extended so I am going to hold onto it in the hope I may afford to use it. Thanks :)
  • Happy to say I used my csw v2. code & hope to have delivery including Porsche 918 RSR wheel in December some time :-D 

Good luck to everyone else waiting for Codes !  cheers Mark.
  • I still have not received a code and I have ordered product in 2009 and 2010.. My first email said I would receive on but have not at this time.

Is anyone else still waiting?

• Yes, me too - the same thing ;-)
  • If anyone has a extra code please email to [email protected]... my soon to be ex wife took my complete racing simulator.
  • If anyone has a extra code please email to [email protected]... my soon to be ex wife took my complete racing simulator.
    What a horrible woman!  I would give you my code, but I haven't even received my gear yet.

Good luck with the lady!