Black Friday: Save 200,- on a CSW V2 Bundle with two rims

Comments

• ^In fact, the design and dimensions were based from the real Formula 1 rim (of course, minus the buttons and complicated labels/dials).
  • That's f***ed up Patrick...sorry to hear. But nice to know that I don't have to buy it either...cause my hands are rather big too.
  • I'll test it the next days, if I find the time and maybe I'll find a way to use it.
    Today I only had time for a dry run ;)

BTW. I dont think its a good idea to put the thumb through the upper hole.
    Not 100% sure but the forcefeedback maybe can break it when you making a accident in a game.

The first MS wheels with forcefeedback (I guess its 20 years ago) had warning signs on it to prevent from broken thumbs :)

The BMW wheel is pretty awesome, cant believe how good it fit in my hands.
    Really comfortable
  • edited December 2014

How to get an Invitation and is this bundle still available?

Thank you.

• edited December 2014

How to get an Invitation and is this bundle still available?

Thank you.

Bundle was on blackfriday only available.
    For a code just ask around here or buy some from ebay :D

In which region do you live?

@Antoine
    I could test yesterday the formula rim.
    Frist impression was right the rim isn't comfortable for me.
    The Forcefeedback is brutal with it. I can't really hold em and I only use 50% FF

I still keep my opinion that this is no rim for me. With one big grip hole, than with this two small, it would be awesome.

• Perhaps you can send it back, so you won't lose any money on selling it?
  • Perhaps you can send it back, so you won't lose any money on selling it?
    Nope, its better selling it ;)
  • Ah Black Friday discount...you devil hahaha
  • Ah Black Friday discount...you devil hahaha
    ;)
  • If someone has a spare EU invitation, glad to receive it. Thank you
  • If someone has a spare EU invitation, glad to receive it. Thank you
    Speaking of codes. At what point do we get another code to give away once we have our V2's
  • @Denise : About same time you get your invoice or base at home...if you don't get it, like I didn't, just send customer service an email using the 'ask customer service a question' button at your account on Fanatec, so your account number is sent with the mail.
    I got the 2nd invite within 10 min after sending that mail.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Anyone needing a pre order code?
  • @Denise : About same time you get your invoice or base at home...if you don't get it, like I didn't, just send customer service an email using the 'ask customer service a question' button at your account on Fanatec, so your account number is sent with the mail.
    I got the 2nd invite within 10 min after sending that mail.

Thank you.
  • Joseph I know a guy looking for a code. Are u in the US region? Feel free to PM me if still available and I'll give his info. Thanks
  • edited December 2014
    Guys, I still do have one US valid code. Feel free to let me know if someone needed one.

Best regards,
    JC
  • No one with a spare EU code? L-)
  • Javier GolmarJavier Golmar Member
    edited December 2014

• Merry Christmas everyone my photo does not include my v2 that got me my 510 ink! LOL
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Merry Xmas all :)

@Thomas, I understand and appreciate that you are unable to discuss unreleased products etc and I sincerely respect that, I do.

Currently the Boxing Day sales are on and there are great discounts to be had on the PS4 and XBO... I am very interested in games like PCars, DriveClub! Forza, etc and I have placed an order for an entire Fanatec rig (Wheel, Pedals, CSL, Shifter, V2 Base, Carbon Rim etc) and I was wondering.

If you could only buy 1 console in these fantastic holiday sales... and you owned the afore mentioned products, which console would you buy?

I hope you can help guide me in the right direction and I wish you a very mery xmas and a wonderful new year.

Thanks for creating these wonderful products for us all, thanks for putting up with the "entitled few" and thanks for making days in door that little bit more exciting.

All the best for 2015 and I hope you can give me a little push as to which holiday sale item to buy.

Kindest Regards,
    Natalie x
  • Hey Natalie, I know my name isn't Thomas...but I wanna give you a little advice. 
    1st still no news about PS4 Compatibility.
     2nd Driveclub online is a total disaster.
    3rd Pcars and Forza on XOne.

But if you like GT series more than Forza...you should go for PS4 without knowing IF there will be a comp wheel.

I'd go for the facts known today...but it's your own choice.

Good luck choosing.
    That's a good point.
    I hear what you are saying ;)

My only concern is that I have played drive club off line, and while it's terrible on line and NOT close to being a sim, it sure is fun and with the new weather effects, the best looking game I think I've ever seen! It's literally like driving an action movie! The fx are jaw dropping. The main thing for me about drive club, is that it's as close to the old classic arcade games as I have ever felt.

Driving this game reminds of driving the incredible "sega rally championship" model 2 arcade game! Truly fun and heart pumping! No sim, no realism, but wow is it a good ole exciting rush :)

And as per the pcars thread, they believe that the ps4 version will look/run better due to power (small details much like GTA differences) but I like things to look as good as possible.

Also, I like a lot of the ps4 exclusives, so in a perfect world I'd buy a ps4, but as you quite rightly state it looks like I'm going to have to buy a XBO due to compatability reasons.

You are a wise one :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can grab a great Xbo deal in the sales today :)

X
  • Glad I could help you with the advice.

On the side note...IF there will be PS4 comp, you could always sell your XOne and the wheel....and buy a PS4 and PS4 wheel. Base, pedals, shifter can still be used. So your settled for upcoming time with your XOne and Fanatec gear to get used to it and then burn some rubber on the PS4 
    b-(

X
  • That's a good point.
    I hear what you are saying ;)

My only concern is that I have played drive club off line, and while it's terrible on line and NOT close to being a sim, it sure is fun and with the new weather effects, the best looking game I think I've ever seen! It's literally like driving an action movie! The fx are jaw dropping. The main thing for me about drive club, is that it's as close to the old classic arcade games as I have ever felt.

Driving this game reminds of driving the incredible "sega rally championship" model 2 arcade game! Truly fun and heart pumping! No sim, no realism, but wow is it a good ole exciting rush :)

And as per the pcars thread, they believe that the ps4 version will look/run better due to power (small details much like GTA differences) but I like things to look as good as possible.

Also, I like a lot of the ps4 exclusives, so in a perfect world I'd buy a ps4, but as you quite rightly state it looks like I'm going to have to buy a XBO due to compatability reasons.

You are a wise one :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can grab a great Xbo deal in the sales today :)

X
    If you like arcade games, I think Forza Horizon 2 blows away Driveclub in every respect except visuals/weather. If those are the most important to you, then Driveclub it is. But if you like gameplay, customization, multiplayer, compatability to Fanatec products, wider selection of racers, etc.. X1 it is, imo. 

I have both consoles and the only racer I have on PS4 is Driveclub(which doesn't get much playtime), and a really long wait ahead for GT7(2015/2016). If you want to play awesome games right now, Horizon 2/Forza 5(a new addition to Forza will likely also release before GT7), then I would go with X1. 

Like Antoine, just trying to put things in perspective, good luck in your decision!
  • Why even worry about deciding on which console ? I had a Sega Dreamcast, then the original XBox and then the X360 and while I enjoyed them all I decided that instead of going after new consoles - which have become increasingly less powerful (when compared exponentially to the modern PC's) - I took the plunge and updated my PC and have never looked back.

Honestly the benefits if you enjoy racing titles is immense and worth the extra money.

I am not trying to start a war of pc vs console but just offering my experience as I have been on both sides of the fence and now realise my options are wider with PC and I enjoy it more having increased visual fidelity and processing power... also I have an Oculus Rift Dk2 which is a whole new experience of gaming and especially Racing.

But whatever you decide good luck !  Oh and I prefer PS4 based on the specs and user reports.

edited December 2014
    @Mark
    I hear you, and I agree with all of it :)
    However it's not a compatible fit for me at this time.

Much like a car, it's not one size fits all. Even though it may be my favourite and would be a great long term investment and can provide me with a solution to many of my problems, it just might not be practical to own at this particular moment in time.

For example, I don't have a dedicated PC or gaming room, so it needs to fit under the tv, it's likely that others will want to play on this family room device (such as kids) so it needs to have a simple user interface and be plug and play and allow the kids to play with their friends online too.

So for me, the main features must be, ease of use, value for money, plug and play accessories etc and compatible with the kids needs.

A PC doesn't really offer me that, it offeres much more in other areas, but falls flat in others.

I agree that the PC offers a better experience in many respects, it just can't compete with the near silent operation of a tiny console (ps4) that requires no drivers, no configuration, all peripherals are plug and play, suitable for the entire family, simple UI and most of my kids friends are on psn/xbl when playing minecraft etc :)

Maybe some family's will have a PC under the TV in the living room and the entire family can use it easily. But I know that a PC under my tv will not be easy for the entire family to use effectivey as a games console.

If the kids want to play "Buzz" the family quiz, they know how to plug in the controllers and they just work, if they want to buy new peripherals, they just plug them in and they work, if they buy a game in a shop, the disc goes in and it just works, they can also play online with all their friends easily.

Many PC games require resolution adjustments, Gfx and sound adjustments etc, driver updates or even windows updates etc too and I can't see kids doing this easily. Also most of my kids friends are on the console platforms so this really influences my purchase.

While I actually agree entirely with your post. Unfortunately a gaming PC doesn't fit my current needs at this particular moment in time, and therefore a family console is the best option for me, to ensure that the entire family is catered for regarding maximum comparability, ease of use and at the lowest cost.

Fortunately, I got some incredible deals this weekend and walked away with a PS4 with DriveClub AND an XBO ... So now I have all 4 consoles :)

It cost me less than 1 entry level PC for my XBO and PS4 (due to some outstanding deals) and I can re-use the older consoles in other parts of the house :)

It worked out very very well for me :)
    So Thomas... No reply necessary, Bring out what you can, when you can :) Xx
  • Whowwww. Natalie, you've been doin well haha. Both next gen consoles so you don't have to choose at all....only the wait to see if Sony wants to bargain with Fanatec.
    Good job and great for your kids and family! 
    ^:)^ =D>
    The sales were terrible, but then I struck gold! I got them at "to good to be true" prices :)

Next, I need a list of games to buy that are good and compatible with the v2 on any of the console platforms.

So far I have
    F1 2013 (complete edition)
    GT5 (GT6 looked too similar so I passed)

My v2 will only be compatible with PS3 for now as it has no XBOX 360/XBO/ or PS4 support. So any other games I should buy in the mean time until support for these consoles comes along :)
  • Hi Natalie. Dirt 3 would be a good addition to your games listed above.
  • edited December 2014
    The sales were terrible, but then I struck gold! I got them at "to good to be true" prices :)

Next, I need a list of games to buy that are good and compatible with the v2 on any of the console platforms.

So far I have
    F1 2013 (complete edition)
    GT5 (GT6 looked too similar so I passed)

My v2 will only be compatible with PS3 for now as it has no XBOX 360/XBO/ or PS4 support. So any other games I should buy in the mean time until support for these consoles comes along :)
    Dirt3 Feel Great with the V2 Wheel!!! it feels Much Much better than GT6 even!!! Playing GT6 with the V2 the wheel feels Very Understated and Mute... Dirt3 Has Much More feel to it and the V2 Comes alive!!! Im thinking about Grid Autosport for the PS3 has any on tried that game with the V2 on PS3 yet....

Code Masters Have always had the best Formula for Console wheel feel to me...