Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Hi Maurice, this is not working for me. Is there another way to get the steering smoothed out?

• Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited August 2020

Even staying on the Fanatec Logo screen i still have random jolts for no apparent reason while racing on my DD1.

• Then your base is most likely broken. In ACC when going from curbs or grass back on track also gives you a jolt but that's a 100% game related Jolt/issue in the game FFB/physics...

• Just jumping by to say, i love this new driver update! :)

Thanks Fanatec! :)

• Same here,.

CS WB V2.5 user very happy with V372 (ACC and iRacing).

No issue observed.

Thank you!

• Thx I did not see that. Strange indeed: it was 35 before and it is 35 now and I have not flashed anything so that is not the solution I am afraid, just another bug.

And also why has the quick release firmware info disappeared between 372 and 373 ?

• edited August 2020

It’s not another bug, it’s THE bug.

obviously the base scientist communicated with your wheel properly and therefore showed firmware 120.

THIS is the main cause I think.

WQR Info disappeared because driver 373 reverted WQR update possibility because of bricked bases.

• In original post, below i thought it was the update which was the problem however, i now remember that it was the first time with using the rim on this base as I had only just finished putting on paddles add on, so had never used the wheel with the base up to that point.

Hi All, found out what the problem was. The Forumla V2 is in a constant state of vibration, which was getting worse to the point that it was being felt whilst in the seat and on the rig as well (GT1 Evo) it began to increase more and more. I decided to roll back on the driver and firmware and during the process I took the wheel off and noticed that the vibrations and humming stopped. Re-installed the same driver (Latest One) and changed the wheel to Formula Carbon, no more vibration, changed back to Forumla V2 Vibration is back, changed to ClubSport Porsche 918 wheel no Vibration, back to Forumla V2 Vibration. Will be contacting support.

This may be of help to somebody.

• We could reproduce the issue now, thanks. Hopefully fixed in the next version, should be an easy one because ABS Pedal Vibration is working fine so FanaLab receives the correct telemetry data from the game but for some reason doesn’t send it to the wheel..

• Hello,

For me vibration on V2 wheel with apm don't work (I use it with dd1). When I install the driver (373) and want to update to firmware 35 before I press flash the wheel vibrate but after the update to version 35 is gone:). Also don't work when I test it in wheel property page. If I want to update the firmware again I get this error.

The rest is ok (no freezes, no jolts, pedals vibrates ok, fanalab work grate)

Thanks.

• I have noticed this too on F1 2020 LE with APM on a CSW 2.5 The rumble test buttons on the driver page no longer work. However, The wheel does still rumble in game under braking for the BLI setting

• Update

I run ccleaner (5.70) /registry repair and the wheel vibrate as intended now so this update is 100% without problems for me. I guess the latest windows 10 patch manage to brake my pc a little.

• edited September 2020

I would like to report an issue with mouse emulation. The mouse pointer is moving up when I rotate the wheel (no matter left or right). Here is short video https://youtu.be/vPVp5l8OtIU

This happens with podium button module endurance on podium hub and podium dd2. Here are the versions i am using - Driver 372, WheelBase FW 674, PBME FW 13, Podium Hub FW 3, WQR FW 6

• Known issue, no ETA for a fix yet but its known for a VERY long time already.^^

• Aah ok. So mouse emulation completely unusable...

However, thanks Maurice for letting me know, cause I thought that my brand new PBME may have hardware issue.

• edited September 2020

Not completely unusable but yeah its broken in the firmware, not your hardware.

• edited September 2020

My old bmw gt2 rim did not had that issue, but i guess it's because it does not have firmware in it :)

P.s. may be it is good idea to add the mouse emulation problem to the list of known issues on first page.

• Hi Sasha,

in my case yes. SHO =100. As I say the rumble is actually working in game at 96% brake as per BLI setting - not sure if it’s doing everything it should be in game.

But the 2 test buttons on driver page have stopped working

• edited September 2020

Hello, I am having strange behavior with this new driver. My first time installing it started to go smoothly, I updated the wheelbase firmware fine after the prompt to v674. Next, it prompted me to update the Podium Hub firmware. I click ‘ok’ and the driver closes, the device gets disconnected, and my PBME LEDs start flashing weirdly. The only way I can get it to stop is by shutting off the wheel base and turning it back on again. When I relaunch the driver properties, the same thing happens and I am prompted to update the Podium Hub firmware which does not work. If I try to close the update prompt, the device gets disconnected.

The strange thing is that on driver v365 everything seems to work (including in games), minus my PBME of course :(. Here is a screenshot of that driver working.

Although, the one problem with v365 here seems to be that the wheel base motor firmware shows as 0 and when I go to update it, the driver closes and nothing happens…

Can anyone please advise on how to fix this problem with driver v373? Also let me know if you would like a video or more detail. Thank you!

• Is it normal that on my CSL Elite F1® Set firmware update page I dont see an option for updating the wheel firmware (clubsport F1 esports), only the wheelbase and motor can be updated.

• Bernd

what's your problem?

I have a Podium myself and it always freezes during gaming, some times takes 3 laps, some others 20.

Can't figure it out. Running all different versions of drivers.

• Maurice,

For someone who wants to use his DD1/V3/universal x hub/Porsche rim w PBME exclusively on an Xbox do you have any recommendations on transferring any part of the setups/features/goodness that fanalab might provide over for use on Xbox? It feels like these SDK/telemetry/Microsoft code elements of using an Xbox seriously constrain some of the benefits to using these peripherals on an Xbox.

any help would be greatly appreciated to getting the most I can out of an Xbox setup! Thank you in advance!

josh

• It's not possible to get Fanalab on Consoles...

Its PC exclusive and you also can't take changes you made in Fanalab on PC over to Xbox (Only Tuning Menu but for that you don't need Fanalab)

• Thank you for quick response was wondering if I was missing out by not starting on PC and then taking those advantages over to Xbox. Any thoughts on next gen xbox capabilities?

• Hi,

DD1, BME, Universal Hub.

Updated to V372, and recently to V373. All works fine - except the mouse emulation is jumpy. The mouse drifts up always, and if I turn the wheel it moves a lot. Makes it very hard to use. You can use the emulation, and it works (button clicks, up/down, left/right, but the drift makes it hard to control.

Rich

This discussion has been closed.