Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Hi guys,

Any chance someone have a look at this one?

Cheers.

• two days ago, every time I turn on the steering wheel, I must calibrate the wheel, update the driver base of the steering wheel and calibrate the engine ... but there is no way

• We recently upgraded to 373.

I use DD1 + Universal Hub + Porsche Button Modulebox.

Button module box is not recognized. It is recognized only as Universal Hub.

• Brett PickardBrett Pickard Member
    edited August 2020

My Wheel base Is duplicated in the fanatec properties page. Been like it for previous drivers too? Is this normal? I’m have a 3900x with an ASUS x570 motherboard. Thanks

• It's been like this since CSW v2 was released 4 years ago ;) so, absolutely normal.

• Wheelbase: DD1

Wheel: Formula V2

Driver: 365

Can someone confirm if the freezing issues from driver 365 are related to the V2 wheel itself, or the issue arises with V2 and APM installed?

I am currently running stable with no issues on v365 and am very hesitant to jump to this driver based on some feedback in this thread. Using stock paddle shifters on V2 wheel but I would like to install APM. Do I need to use 373, use the firmware flash in the other thread, or should I try with the stock 365 driver?

Thanks.

• edited August 2020

Just a report, i have a CSW 2.5 + Podium advanced paddle module + Podium button module endurance on the Universal Hub.

Running everything on Win10, driver 373 perfectly enables support for the PBME. The only issues i have:

1- missing throttle rumble from my Clubsport V3 pedals

2 - the driver page sometimes doesn't show the state of the clutch bite point setting (it's enabled on the wheel, but doesn't show the black dot)

3 - after both clutch paddles are released the axis calibration bar is stuck at 3% if manual pedal calibration is activated. Goes away after a couple of seconds.

Nothing game breaking so far. All buttons, encoders and axis of the button module seem to work in PCars2 and AMS2.

• Finally got my bricked DD2 sent back for RMA. Took 9 business days to get the process started. Takes a week for my base to get to the repair center. Hopefully, I can get it back within three weeks.

• I wish you all the best with that.

Could you tell me something though? Asking because I've never had to send/ship anything to Fanatec so I'm not familiar. How does it work when you have to send whatever back to them for repairs or whatever? Does the customer have to organise and pay shippers in order to ship product/s to Fanatec or what? What's the process?

• Finally got my RMA response -

"We got the report from the workshop, we could reproduce the issue, we would like you to ask if you want to proceed with a upgrade to a V2.5 wheel base"

Uh, what? Wow, I really did not expect that my support/RMA issue would turn into an upsell on a different wheelbase, I'm pretty taken back by that. I'll gladly do it if it's free, but why would I upgrade when all they have to do is just send me a new replacement?

• Yes, here is what they told me re: RMA shipping -

"Delivery of the goods only permitted to the specified return address and with the cheapest method. Additional costs incurred by using other delivery options will not be considered"

I them sent a digital copy of the shipping receipt for reimbursement.

• Oh. So if I understand it right this is what happens re the RMA procedure?:

1. To begin with, via correspondence, Fanatec gives the customer a shipping address for the customer to ship package/s to them.
    2. In the interim, the customer ships and pays for shipping to Fanatec. Fanatec receives, examines and report back.
    3. The customer supplies shipping charge invoice to Fanatec for reimbursement.
    4. Fanatec then ships (at their expense) repaired or replaced product back to customer.

Is that it?

• I have to agree with what a few users are reporting with this 373 driver. My previous driver (365) was smoother.

It is not interpolation as I have tested high values such as 10, 15, 20 in ACC, AMS2 and I know what low settings feel like as I generally run values of 2-4.. This feeling is something different.

Previous drivers were uninstalled prior and the motor calibration was erased and re calibrated..

Driving slow, fast, straight or through a corner makes little difference. These tiny knocks are fairly continuous and there is a slight feeling of grittiness/friction on wheel rotation even though friction is on 0. It is most noticeable with the Formula V2 rim..

I am worried this driver called cause long term damage therefore I think I will revert back to 365 and previous fanalabs..

bummer...

• edited August 2020

Slight Friction is because of the Motor Calibration. Remove any steering wheel, go into the driver, go the the settings Tab and click on erase motor calibration. Then try without any motor calibration if it feels better (which is the case for me since forever).

Also sliht roughness also is caused by too high FEI setting, try to lower it to 80 which should eliminate every rough feeling combined with a INT setting of 3-6.

• whats the Motor Calibration good for if it feels better without ?

• to compensate the cogging of the outrunner motor. But it has its downsides like the mentioned stickiness on the first mm of movement and when changing rotation.

Just give it a try what feels better. ^^

• Maurice Maurice Maurice... Butter smooth :) I already run lower FEI, 50-80 normally, however removing the calibration did the trick!

It might be worth putting that info on P1 of each driver release.. what a difference..

Even though I just signed up I have been reading some of your replies for couple of years.. Thanks for the quick replay and for sorting out my issue..

😎

• Yes Maurice is extremely helpful. I've noticed it myself.

• were these drivers always considered beta drivers..? i don't remember seeing beta in the tittle when it was 372.. then again i probably just missed it..

• edited August 2020

Yes, 372 was also beta. Latest non beta is 346 for the DD and 347 for CSL and CSW.

• aha rightio too easy... thanks Maurice

• Hi,

i had a lot of trouble wie my Furmula V2 and DD1. May it was only bad luck with it. I will get my money back. Can someone recommend a wheel was work without freeze.?

Iam a little afraid to order a V2 again and have the same issues with freezes again?

Bernd

• As far as i'm aware it's not free. I had a V2 base with a hardware fault and in the email correspondence with them they made me aware they have no V2 parts anymore and the only thing they can do is to replace the entire internals with the v2.5 but keep the outer shell of the 2.0. This process is chargeable and they quoted $190+shipping to do that for me since I believe all V2's are so old now they aren't covered by warranty anymore. In the end I decided not to go ahead with it and to upgrade to a DD1 instead.

• Under warranty, It's free. I just paid $70 to mail back my DD2 yesterday. They will refund that.

I also had the same v2 base issue. It was no longer under warranty. I paid the same to get my base to v2.5 just so I could sale it when I got my DD2.

• from the driver pdf manual..

"After every wheel base motor firmware update of a Podium DD, the “Motor Sensor Calibration” must be done to make sure steering feels as smooth as possible. Remove the steering wheel before initiating a calibration. During the calibration, the wheel base shaft will rotate the steering axis slowly from side to side. A message on the DD display will confirm that the calibration is complete. Do not touch the wheel base shaft during calibration!"

Complete opposite for me on the DD2.. A lot more smooth without running this.. :)

maybe a little disclaimer should be added into this document..

• probably no because how the Motor Calibration behaves atm is a bug, not really intended so the manual is not going to be changed but the issue is going to be fixed in the future.

• ah fair enough Maurice.. For new comers that would not know this bug exhists maybe this info could be added to page 1 of this thread.. :)

This discussion has been closed.