Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• i downloaded it and now my wheel has a green light around the power button and shows CAL on the display on the universal hub. and it doesn't show any devices anymore also. i did what this bullet point said to do and still nothing.
    • It can happen that after the driver installation or firmware update the wheel base is not shown in the device list anymore. In this case open the driver installation again and run the repair function.

• Following on from many others. I updated to 373. had the problem where the button box on my DD1 PS4 (connected to PC) stopped working intermittently.

After trying many things including a complete PC wipe. reinstall many times of the driver and firmware the only thing that did work was to regress the drivers back to the prior beta release and there everything works perfectly.

So from my perspective, its not a hardware problem, its a bug in the drivers / firmware that was introduced in this update.

• Is the podium button module endurance support for CSW 2.5 meant to just be legacy or can I get it to give me that multi-data display yet?

• Wow … are you sure ? … I have got this problem too, no rev limiter vibration in my formula V2 wheel but only in iRacing. Rev limiter vibration works fine in ACC . It looks more like a software issue no ?

• It should be with ITM, did you download Fanalab and enabled Telemetry?

• Change the mode to pc mode as described in the manuals. Green light means Xbox mode, in Xbox mode the base is not recognized by Windows.

• edited September 2020

Rev Limiter vibration is working in iRacing when the threshold, strength and Tuning Menu shock value is setup correct. Pretty much everything else regarding vibration is not supported in iRacing, no software issue.

• Found the solution: Disable iRacing's True Force Vibrate option.

• Yeah I don't see full support in iRacing. I only see revs and speed with LEDs. I have Fanalabs and the latest drivers. I don't see lap times or anything.

• You need to to ITM page (assuming you have a DD or the BME and you mean the ITM)

• I have the CSW 2.5 like I originally stated. Testing a bunch of stuff out now. Sascha said it should be full support, but the most this has shown me is the speed I am at, and the gear temporarily as I shift.

• Figured it out, thanks to Stacey on page 23. Didn't know I had to press and hold the function switch and turn the funky switch to get pages to come up!

• Just wanted to add an update.

I've been watching this thread closely since I posted about the issues I had with notchy feeling in my DD2 wheel after updating to V373. I've noticed varying levels of success with this update from the posts made by many different owners of the DD wheels.

I decided to try the firmware update again.

This time I connected my DD2 directly to my PC rather than using the powered USB3 hub I used previously.

I have to say that this time around, things are different. The notchy feeling isn't totally gone, but its vastly improved.

Overall I can feel more detail in titles such as iRacing, ACC and AMS2.

I can't say for sure why this time the update went better, but it is. Updated the DD2 base, motor, Endurance Button Box and the F1 2020 wheel. All working just fine. So I am now happy with this update.

For those having problems, perhaps try directly connecting to your PC rather than using a hub.

• I recently updated to v373 and lost the abs option on my csl elite f1 esports. Anyone else have that issue?

• Hi everyone, I just upgraded my CSL Elite wb v1.1 with this latest driver and firmware, but after flashing the new firmware my wb is now recognized as the old version of the CSL elite (checkboard one), I downgraded to the previous driver and firmware found on the store page of the CSL V1.1 but my wb is still recognized as the old one, how can I solve this problem?

• Well, it seems my success was short lived.

Couple of hours on ACC this evening and the BME appeared to disconnect from the DD2 base, this happened three times during the session.

BME OLED screen goes blank, Fanatec logo appears and the base asks if I want to enable high torque. Upon pressing the button to enable high torque its fine again and I can continue. But by then I'm usually in the gravel, far from ideal!

Pins on base look good. no bent ones etc.

Any tips to resolve?

Thanks

• Like a few other users have noted, with this latest update some of us have reported Rumble motors not working on Accelerator and Brake. I have V3 pedals, DD1, with podium button module endurance attached to a Clubsport Universal Hub for XboX. I've updated to PC Driver 373, WB FW 674 and SW FW 13. Neither rumble motors are working despite trying to tick and untick options (although very limited on XBox). As feedback there are also some interesting button mappings occurring with the BME attached to the Clubsport Universal Hub for XBox.

Another thing that occurred was that originally when I loaded the new SW the Wheel Properties SW identified the DD1 and also the Podium button module Endurance but did not recognize the Clubsport Universal Hub for XBox. I had to unplug the BME from the universal hub after which it was recognised. Until I did this and then re-connected the BME I could not use any of the buttons on the BME to start Assetto Corsa on XBoxOne X. It's now working OK just with limited button functionality.

Hope you can get the rumble motors working soon. Thanks.

Stephen

• I have a DD1 base with the Podium F1 PS4 wheel. On a previous driver I began having issues with the wheel failing to be recognized while driving in iRacing. I am on the 373 driver, WB FW 674 and SW FW 35.

In the last couple of days the problem has returned - it seems to usually happen when using a car that has fairly strong FF (i.e. the Radical) - and usually happens during a session after quite a few laps, the steering wheel disconnects and I notice because paddle shifters no longer register (nor any buttons on the wheel).

I uninstalled/reinstalled the driver and rebooted the PC (I don't know if rebooting the PC alone would have resolved it).

Any ideas for troubleshooting? I was fighting for a podium position when this happened most recently :(

• Hello!!

My csl elite ps4 DRIVER LASTES 373

AND raccomanded Fanatec settings {GT SPORT,.DIRT RALLY 2.0) . Everything was perfect till few days ago, while I was driving normally the wheel suddenly lost power in the forcefeedback in corners, low vibrate on straights, and when in corners seemed like the belts jerked. I also noticed that it seems not to have the smooth and quite operation then before. When I turn the wheel I hear and feel a gear/belt rotation sound wich I don't remember before.

I also tried to reinstall and update everything but with no luck.

I TRY 10 different drivers but not good. Afzer updating and trying different drivers wheel feel always the same. Wheel feel really hard and pulling amd jave sone fast moves. I dont have feel too road and car doesnt hsve grip. Itss impossible to race..

ANY SOLUTION WOULD BE FINE

• The issue got worse and worse for me - happening every race - I switched to a different PC and still had the same issue. I reflashed all of the firmware and now the issue has stopped for now. I will need to drive with the problematic cars more to confirm that it's resolved.

• I also have the Podium PS4 with the f1 wheel. Never had any problems with wheel freezes with driver 365 and did not have any problems with driver 373 at first. But since last week I often have issues in F1 2020 and ACC. Either the wheel base does not provide any FFB anymore and asks me if I want to enable torque or the f1 wheel freezes and i can't press any button. Sometimes the problem with FFB fixes itself after a few seconds. But when the wheel freezes I always have to restart the wheel base, but then the wheel base does not provide FFB anymore and I have to restart the game.

I tried playing with and without FanaLab 1.47. There is no differnce, the problems occur everytime. I even tried to downgrade to Driver 365 where I did not have any problems, but now I have the same issues. Also removing everything and reinstalling 373 new did not change anything. I tried different USB-ports and checked the energy-seetings, nothing changed.

At first I thought the issues only occur in highspeed corners, but today i lost the FFB als on straights...

• This sounds not like the firmware related wheel freezes. This seems to be more of an USB Port issue, did you try different USB ports yet? Maybe clean the registry and disable the standby option in the device manager of windows.

• Greetings guys! I got my CLS Elite Ps4 starter kit and im having trouble updating the firmware of the wheelbase.

I tried on v373 and v365 , but on both versions , every time I try to update firmware I get the message " Default Hex file loading failed " and the update gets stopped or paused. After that, I can only disconnect and reconnect the USB in order to get the option to restart the wheel. 

In the file path: Fanatec -> Fanatec Wheel -> fw , there are a bunch of hex files that i can manually select ,but i don't know if any of them are the correct ones.

My current wheelbase firmware is 630. On driver 328 it says that it's the latest, but on drivers 365 and 373 they ask me to update it. 

I saw that there are other people with the same problem and I tried every advise and solutions I could find on other threads ,but nothing worked.

I am trying to open a support ticket with fanatec ,but every time I get directed to the "My products" page, there is no support button next to my products like there was the last time I had to make a support ticket.

The only other option is to "respond" to my older support ticket in hopes that that person responds back

I shared this problem on the csl elite wheelbase thread also, but I'm writing it here as well in case it's a more appropriate place.

Any ideas ?

• You rude as hell. You didn't even need to say anything, I already figured it out.

• Maybe he could have said it in a friendlier way, but the message is the right one. I’m following multiple threads in this forum and read normally every comment from others trying to get more information or trying to help out others. But one of the biggest problems these days is, that everybody asks the same question. Instead of reading the manual, or reading in the forum, the easiest way is chosen. That’s a bit annoying for people who read the whole thread.

So no offense at all, but 80% of all questions could be answered by reading the manual or reading in the forum.

It is not only directed to you, but I’m reading all comments of the last Beta drivers as well and this is just making the forum more confusing then it should be.

This discussion has been closed.