Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Hy Maurice because you lose all the buttons after a few minutes of play. it's unbearable as a thing. DD1 csw V2 driver 373 .During a gp losing control is also disrespectful to your opponents because you hit them

• edited September 2020

hi, since driver 347 i don't have anymore the motor firmware version showed and the possibility to update it in the fanatec driver software, i tried to roll back to 365 and 373 from actual one(374) but no solution. can you help?

• Wheel Base Model csl elite 1.1
    • Steering Wheel Model: podium hub
    • Driver Version: 374
    • Base FW Version: 675
    • Motor FW Version: 22(not showed anymore in sw and not upgradable/downgradable)
    • Wheel FW Version: 3
    • FanaLab Version: .not installed

• Hi all. I have just upgraded from v328 to 373. I have a couple of questions. 1) The fan does not seem to work now, should it? 2) I now only have 440 degrees of movement L & R which only equals a total of 880, whereas before I had 900. Is this intended? 3) The setting for the MPS on my McLaren GT3 wheel which allows for Pos 1 to be off, is no longer present, so with some games I get a multiple input error. Is there a workaround? Thanks guys.

• I'm a new CSW v2.5 user too and i just wanted to check on the fan status currently.

All seems to be working ok in that when i turn the unit on, both fans spin for a while and then stop. I've currently only been doing a few laps and then stopping (in VR) and when i take the HMD off, i hear the rear exhaust fan has ramped up in speed but the side fan is not running.

The unit doesn't feel even remotely warm anywhere on the case and so i'm assuming the side intake fan has not been needed? But, i'm still wanting to check on others experience as i don't wanna possibly push the motor too much if this is not normal.

Maybe i need to do a very long race to get it properly cooking?! ;)

I'm running the latest 374 drivers and latest associated firmwares.

cheers!

• When more than over 40 % is used FFB the wheel loses controll.

Please Maurice help us.

• Sounds like a bad connection of Base and Wheel, probably needs to be repaired so best to contact support.

• CSW 2.5 Xbox Universal Hub. Is there a way yet to map the clutch pedal to the paddles so it negates the need to use the clutch? Cheers.

• Hy

The problem , lies with V2 sterring wheel because with the HUB it does not lose the connection

• I am pretty sure you have to remove the wheel/hub to update the motor firmware.

• the hub or formula wheel installed on the wheelbase wasn't a problem in past, simply the motor firmware part is now missing totally.... cannot find a solution....

• works perfectly for me! tx for the update

• edited September 2020

i had at my DD1 PS4 the same problems...with 373 i could not drive any race with more then 3 Laps without freezing the wheel (no buttons, no shifters)....the issue was from the beginning (i got the base + wheel with 346)....

I had this issue at all of my 3 wheels (blue F1, Porsche 918, McLaren GT3)

in my case the wheel worked again after disconnecting and new connecting the wheel to the base.

The support tried a lot of things with me:

• minimum 2 times new firmware
    • changing USB-Port of PS4
    • connecting my new simlab rig to ground...
    • testing with high + low force feedback
    • testing contact-spray at the wheel pins
    • testing contact spray at the base pins
    • testing rollback to 346
    • and some more points i no longer remember....

After a lot of tests i remembered that the problems were not so often at the beginning......then i noiced that i had the base at this time mounted at a normal little "table"...PS4 around 1 meter away..usb-cable + cable for power supply were both fixed together at the left side of the table and the power adapter lying directly nearby the table at the left side.

Then to issue gots more heavy/often....directly after getting my Simlab Rig....because of waiting for the TV-Stand my cable managment and position of power adapter, PS4 and USB-cable was not really good...so USB cable, PS4, power cable and power adapter was within 60cm range......i did a lot of tests then with the support....and as i got the final information "we will do a RMA for wheels + base, but try as last chance a rollback to 346" i was just building up my TV-Stand....

with building up my TV-Stand i optimized my cable managment (power left side of the rig, usb + cable for pedals right side of the rig) and could now put the ps4 as far as possible away from the power adapter (now arround 1,2m distance)......i did the rollback to 346.....no freezes....i installed 373 again.....again no freezes....since building up the TV-Stand and changing the positions of PS4 and cables i drove for tests minimum 5 or 6 times races with more then 1 hour and after now 14 days there was only 1 !! freezing yesterday when beeing at the ps4 menu....(i do not know exactly what happend this time, my daugther was at the rig when it happens).

So i am thinking there is (in my case) a problem with EMF/EMV/EMI/EMC (call it like you want 😉)...maybe you should check your cables, and the distances?

• I cannot understand why after the last update of iRacing my DD2 got crazy! Everything was perfect before it... I have already installed and disinstalled the drivers and firmwares (all types, since the official v346 until the last beta v373) and I just cannot play. After go out of the boxes with a car in a practice session and the FFB be forced (in a corner for example) the wheel just turn strongly by itself, crash and freeze. I do not know what to do anymore. Tried everythig related to softwares, firmwares and drivers. What is happening? Thanks, Luiz from Brazil.

• I updated the driver to 373 and it worked fine for 2 days. Today for no apparent reason it stopped working. Fanalab doesn't recognize the wheel+base; the wheel property page does show "Fanatec podium wheel base DD1", but clicking on properties shows the error:

"An error has been encountered while opening Fanatec Wheel Property Page. Please try restarting the wheel base and open the property page again. If the problem still persists contact Fanatec support."

I did restart the base, pc and reinstalled the drivers; no luck. Any idea?

• For some reason, ITM stops working after a feel seconds only in ACC. Then, i close fanalab 1.47b and reopen, It Works again for a feel seconds, and turns to legacy.

Any ideias?

CSW2.5, GT3R 911 PORSCHE

driver 373, latest fw.

• Hi I have installed 372, and updated my DD1 ps4, and f1 2020 wheel when FW got released, I now noticed there is a change version 373

I have no issues at all at this moment

Do I need to replace this 372 driver with 373, as if read it's the same firmware, motor driver etc. Am I right? With this?

• 373 is the exact same as 372 but without WQR update possibility. No need to update

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): Clubsport V2.5
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): F1 V2
    • Driver Version: 372
    • Base FW Version: 674
    • Motor FW Version: 22
    • Wheel FW Version: 35
    • FanaLab Version: 1.47 Hotfix

As some others have reported, my F1 V2 sometimes is not recognised correctly and my base is seen as CSL Elite. I switch off, then switch on, and everything becomes normal. After this, everything works perfectly, never had an issue. I just would like to know if this is a driver issue or it is something else.

It is rather annoying to check in the drivers tab each time I switch my pc on to see if my F1 V2 has been recognised before loading the game.

It seems like the steering wheel sometimes has some difficulties when booting. If it boots well, everything is ok.

• ITM Works for some seconds and then returns to LEGACY mode in ACC.

Reopen fanalab and this process repeat.

Base 2.5 CSW driver 373

Porsche 911 GT3 R

Xbox universal hub

Endurance module

ALL with latest fw ( 15 set 2020 ).

Fanalab 1,47b

Any ideias ?

• No steering wheel vibration in my setup even when trying to activate it in the Fanatec wheel properties using the function test button it will only vibrate when it is updating the wheel firmware . Tried back dating the rim driver to 365 no change and also tried the beta below . I was updating due to the paddles and buttons becoming inop when racing in iRacing intermittently

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1079/fanatec-f1-wheel-buttons-stop-working-or-buttons-go-crazy/p4

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD1 ps4
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): CS F1 PS4
    • Driver Version: 373
    • Base FW Version: 674
    • Motor FW Version: 40
    • Wheel FW Version: 35
    • FanaLab Version: 1.47 B

• What's your Shock level set to in the Tuning Menu?

• I just backdated to v352 and had it set to 100% and it tested ok then went to Iracing and still no vibration in game

I did have it set to 100% on the other Firmware but can update again to re test and have tried with and without fanalab installed

• edited September 2020

IRacing does not support steering wheel vibrations natively, you need FanaLab to get a very limited amount of Telemetry based vibration options. The limited options available for this heavily restricted game (I think it's basically only Rev Limiter and Engine vibrations, no wheel spin, lock etc) however are all working fine, otherwise your wheel is broken.

• James MartinJames Martin Member
    edited September 2020

Hi Maurice,

I still get the jolt when I have ITM pages open, I know it's recommended to keep the Fanatec logo displayed so I tried to switch my base to show Fanatec and leave the ITM on my wheel only, after about 2 mins the base just switches back to ITM1 no matter what page I am on with my wheel?

• Yes, its known to get Jolts on ITM pages, its being worked on but nothing which can be fixed soon. Stay at the default FANATEC screen until its fixed. If it switches back to ITM this means you have auto page switch function of FanaLab enabled, just disable ITM auto page switch green buttons, overwrite the profile and it wont switch to ITM automatically when a value is changing on that page anymore.

• Maurice, according to you, is the one described above a known software issue or do I have to open a request for a replacement of my F1 V2?

This discussion has been closed.