Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• The v3 pedals can't be updated when connected to the base. usb connection WOULD be required, however, in over 5 years since they were released there was simply no update at all to them, so there is basically no way and no need to even try to update.

• ALT + TAB in ACC and my wheelbase was done.. no FFB & no lights. I was forced to quit the game and restart the base.

It's the second game so i strongly disbelief its a "game issue".

Never happend with my Logitech G29!

• I Alt+Tab out of ACC every day - no issues. So it cant be a Fanatec issue either. Must be something wrong with your pc.

• Would you mind to give me a hint what could cause this kind of behavior?

• I have no idea, could be anything... But thats now on your part to figure out what exactly it is.. But for sure its neither an ACC nor a Fanatec issue because as said I Alt+Tab out of ACC and iRacing and other games every day to make adjustments in FanaaLab to my 100+ profiles and never had any kind of issues.

• Thanks for this. I was wondering about that having recently replaced my standard CSL Elite PS4 pedals with the superior V3.

• The support team has answered me and sent me the v374 (the one you can find in the WRC wheel page). Here's the changelog:

You can clearly see the freeze issue that I had has been adressed. Therefore I guess it was after all a software issue. I hope so. So far with the updated version I didn't have any trouble. Fingers crossed.

• edited October 2020

Nothing was addressed in driver 374, everything was addressed already in 372 (and 373 which replaced 372).

The only change of driver 374 is a new picture for the WRC wheel, that's it. No freeze fixes included because those fixes were already included in 372.

• Oh my god. I wished bad luck to my self. I just had the same freeze. After 2 minutes of testing. Why did I speak this soon?

• Because it's a hardware issue in your case, 99,9% sure.

• Yeah, I guess they will need to send me another wheel at this point... :(

• I was also told it was most likly a hardware issue.. (Podium F1 - only effected the V2 formula rim, other rims worked fine) - One RMA replaced the v2 rim but the freezes kept happening.. I have a second RMA open for an exchange of the Podium base but due to lockdown I couldnt ship it from South Africa.

Had the issue for 9months+ and nothing worked.. Wheel worked fine from new but freezes suddenly happend later. then the new test firmware for the v2 almost fixed it.. freezes became rare but still occasionally happened.

Then with the 372 driver with quick release firmware update it went away completely.. since the day that driver released I have not had a single freeze and ive done 10hr endurance races with the v2. Completely forgotten about it now.

Its saved me about 300euro in shipping the base back as well as 4 weeks without a wheel to use.

I know the quick release firmware has been stripped out of the driver as some guys had issues.. but i would try and get a copy and give it a try if the alternative is shipping the base back anyway. It corked perfectly for me. I will not be updating now unless there is a really valid reason to do so - Wheel finally feels absolutely perfect and not had a single crash, jolt or glitch.

• Good morning.

I have a problem updating the latest Firmware on a CSL PS4 steering wheel, CSL Load cell pedals and Formula F1 v2 rim (first gold version).

The steering wheel stops working suddenly, no LEDs, no FFB, no steering.

The problem is the Firmware of the base, the motor of the base or the steering wheel?

I don't know how to solve it, please help me.

I guess the Firm "beta" may contain bugs. What is the latest "official" firmware for my setup ??? (CSL Elite PS4 base, CSL Load cell pedals and Formula F1 v2 first version steering wheel).

Thankful in advance, greetings to all.

• Hi Guys!

Recently i'm noticing micro stutters that cause the wheel to disconnect for a split second. During that split second it's as if the wheel is completely off and i cant turn or shift and it could cause a wreck because it's usually happening on a turn. It happens once or twice per race in iracing

Anyone else notice this kind of issue?

• Hello,

Im having a problem during my races in Iracing.

It happened 3 times on 3 diferent oficial races yesterday. The game just freeze in the same location os the track. The wheel go full to the right and in 10 seconds the PC restart. Then i have to use the emergency stop of my DD1.

the only different thing that i did in my PC was the installation of the new drive.

Could be some driver BUG?

thanks

• Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited October 2020

If the game freezes this obviously is a game bug. You might want to check your drive.

• Hello Maurice,

Thanks fot your answer. I will try the CONST moide for the MPS.

As for the ITM pages, I can switch between the pages by pressing the tuning button and turning the funky switch but it is only displayed on the wheel base. Not on the endurance module.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Regards

Anthony

• Yes, you are pressing the Funky switch left and right. You are not turning/rotating it.

• Does anyone know how to get the ITM to do more than display the current gear with iRacing (DD2)? It seems like none of the metrics are actually hooked up. For example, when I switch the TC, it doesn't obey the setting and switch to that ITM page. Past that, TC, ABS, Engine Mapping all basically stay at zero.

Such a cool feature, but it seems like there are almost no values setup.

Also, is there an api to control this feature/screen? Perhaps we could just make this work ourselves with a little glue app.

• edited October 2020

Please have a look at the included ITM Feature PDF file and see what's supported by Fanalab. You will see that TC, ABS and Engine Map are not supported by the very poor Telemetry output of iRacing so they stay at 0. Laptimes, Oil Temp, Delta, Brake Bias and static tire temp from last pitstop is supported only.

• For those with Dead Wheels, not working shifters and so on:

ensure to press the wheel correct to the wheel base.

To me exactly this happens for a while now because my Z Ring goes dead.

The rubber don’t has to be compressed. Only touch it with the golden ring. Then press your wheel on and than slide the golden ring to the wheel as mich as you can by holding the wheel with the other hand.

So I’ve fixed the problem at least for me.

• Hi everybody!!!

I have a problem updating the latest Firmware on a CSL PS4 steering wheel, CSL Load cell pedals and Formula F1 v2 rim (first gold version).

The steering wheel stops working suddenly, no LEDs, no FFB, no steering.

The problem is the Firmware of the base, the motor of the base or the steering wheel?

I don't know how to solve it, please help me.

I guess the Firm "beta" may contain bugs. What is the latest "official" firmware for my setup ??? 

(CSL Elite PS4 base, CSL Load cell pedals and Formula F1 v2 first version steering wheel).

Thankful in advance, greetings to all.

• Has the problem of only X and B buttons working? Mine still haven't worked since the last beta that did note that those are the only buttons to work on the universal Hub. Is this still the case?

• Please see the changelog on the first page... This has been fixed with the latest driver.

• After updating the driver, it still wasn't working. Had to flash the firmware twice to make it work, but it's good though!

• Leigh OvertonLeigh Overton Member
    edited October 2020

Although, now my H-Shifter will not work in H-Pattern, but will work Sequential - no matter which plug I insert it to - Shifter 1 or Shifter 2

I can also no longer look at my ClubSport Pedals V3 in the Properties page. It shows under game controllers, but when I select my V3 pedals, it shows the wheel property page.

• Have you calibrated the shifter again after you updated the FWs?

• Hi everybody. I have an issue with the rumble motors of my ClubSport pedals V3 since updating to 3.72/3.73 Fanalab 1.47

Using the Fanatec Property Page and pushing both rumble test buttons, the vibration motors are both NOT working but pushing the brake, the rumble motor is working and pushing the throttle, still NOT working.

Using Fanalab 1.47 and also enabled vibration for throttle and brake, NO vibration on both motors.

BLI is set to 85%

No vibrations in ACC on both pedals.

I did the driver repair already a few times, without any solution.

All other functions including ITM are working perfect, just the rumble motors are having an issue.

The V3 pedals are connected direct to my DD1.

Thanks for any advice.

• Hi all -- I have just purchased recently:

1. ClubSport F1 2020 Wheel (limited edition)
    2. 2.5 base
    3. V3 Pedals

Base & Pedals are detecting well and working but I cannot for the life of me get my 2020 wheel to be detected by PC - lights never come on and in the Fanatec driver console I see a big red cross over the wheel connector on the base. And no wheel detected in the settings / wheel tab.

I have been reading all through these forums & the driver install guide and nothing seems to work. I tried every installing the latest driver (373) but still no luck.

I am new to this world and very lost and hoping someone can help with why my F1 2020 wheel is not picking up..... Also I'm unable to log a support ticket, it keeps telling me it can't find any associated user (but I can still log in with my account to buy products) I think it's because I'm based in AU but not sure.....

Can anyone help!!???

Thanks very much,

Paul

This discussion has been closed.