Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• Thats my Rig for Xbox One :)

• How do you guys add a picture, what is the trick? :)
  • Big Call Out to everyone here who are testing and reporting their results. I won't receive my hub and rim until next week (UPS label printed in California yesterday PM). And, I'm also glad to see this is a dedicated Fanatec/Xbone thread. Any discussion or comparison to PC or PS here has no relavence. We need to stay focussed on the Xbone. Comparisons can be made in some of the other threads (as has been going on for some time). Thanks to Grimey, Antoinne, Joseph and to Toon for his feedback, too. Hoping this place stays civil, since we all obviously need each others help. Looking forward to adding my feedback next week. Cheers, everyone. And have a great weekend.  :-c
    Seems you are unaware this hub is also for PC 
    Jason. I am aware of the hub being used on PC. There has been lots of commentary to that affect the last few months on other threads in this blog.  My comment above was in reference to THIS THREAD. "Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping". Thomas asked for our feedback in regard to the hub and Xbox. Cheers!
    He asked for feedback on "this device" and it works on both XO and PC. It only just came out so don't confuse it for the old hub
  • Oliver GehlerOliver Gehler Member
    edited June 2015
    I must install the USB cable on the CSL-Seat properly and I also still
    waiting for the delivery of my ClubSport Shifter SQ but the FFB is a
    dream, nothing compared to my old CSR-Wheel.
    :-bd
  • Alexander: use the 'Attach a file' at the bottom of where you type your message ;)

Great to see more and more people getting their hub!

Just a note on my experiences sofar:

Forza 5:
    great Force Feedback feeling overal, you feel:
    -tire grip/losing grip
    -weight shifting
    -curbs vibration (and I must be loosing my mind, but it actually seems you can identify left from right wheels running over a curb)
    -engine vibration (seems to react to RPM's *only missing at the start)
    -shift (clonk feeling)

One tip tho...I tried counter-steering (opposite lock) and I seemed to fail at being able to catch the 'tank slapper' aka the second reaction after counter steering to get the car going straight again. I'm not sure why, but the wheel felt rather dampened/slow. Now what I just found out is that you need to set the controller setting (in your Forza game) to 'normal'...NOT 'simulation'....very weird, but I can even do the much needed drifts without a problem now!

One question I have is if any of you have the official Fanatec Handbrake, and have that working in Forza 5? (I made my handbrake myself and it was working perfectly with my CSR wheel in Forza 4 on the Xbox 360...now I get nothing)

Project Cars:
    Ouch, really really buggy and I don't even feel if my wheels have grip or not! I did not test Project Cars thoroughly yet, but beware the wheel can 'snap' or 'wiggle' uncontrollably when standing still or exiting a race! (like Natalie mentioned). I did try some of Grimey's setting on the Aston Martin GT3, but I never really had the feeling I could push the car to it's boundary, because of the lack of real feedback. Initially I didn't even get any rumble at all, while going over curbs, but with Grimey's setting I did feel some. (Do they really expect someone to alter all car's force feedback settings per circuit????). The weird thing is that I encountered the same problem as the Forza 5 controller 'simulation' setting, not being able to counter steer and get the car straight again, it would almost always snap hard in the other direction...after the initial counter-steer movement.

I'm asking myself if the Wheel, or the game is at 'fault' here. I expected the wheel to automatically turn when the car steps out with the rear, even more than with the CSR, since this is a much more powerful wheel, but I haven't found a setting yet that delivers that, except for when using too much force feedback strength. (I have done quite some real-life drifting/circuit days, and in a real car...you actually let the wheel slip through your hands while it steps out...the front wheels will keep following your line, and thus the angle of the car body is compensated by the steering wheel. *hope that's clear...lol I probably am rambling on ;) )

Would be interested in how others experience their hub ;)
  • Did you guys notice the update to Thomas' initial post? I think you'll like it!
  • Did you guys notice the update to Thomas' initial post? I think you'll like it!
    I thought this couldn't be done? Huh.lol. Seems we were right that it is indeed possible. And with MS integrating Xbox One more and more with PC it just makes sense.
  • Have to say loving the Gt rim and xbox hub but I went to use my formula rim today and its not getting any power, It does make a connection as its shows up in my pc driver but the wheel its self wont stay on?? If i press the tuning button again and again sometimes it will light up so there is a connection but for some reason the rim itself wont keep the connection. Has anyone else had the problem using there other rims after the Fw update? Btw I did go back to Fw 65 (i think) but it didnt make any difference. Cant belive after 5 days of not much use my formula rim doesnt work :( Good job the Gt rim is so nice! Ill contact fanatec mon but thought id ask other users if they have had any issues with there other quick release rims first.
  • Have to say loving the Gt rim and xbox hub but I went to use my formula rim today and its not getting any power, It does make a connection as its shows up in my pc driver but the wheel its self wont stay on?? If i press the tuning button again and again sometimes it will light up so there is a connection but for some reason the rim itself wont keep the connection. Has anyone else had the problem using there other rims after the Fw update? Btw I did go back to Fw 65 (i think) but it didnt make any difference. Cant belive after 5 days of not much use my formula rim doesnt work :( Good job the Gt rim is so nice! Ill contact fanatec mon but thought id ask other users if they have had any issues with there other quick release rims first.
    Soz thought I should say Im not trying to use it on the Xbox incase someone says it lol! I havent tried xbox yet as my Pcars career is on my ps4 :)
  • I ordered Day 1 and I have not received any ship notification. I contacted support and they said it is still due end of August what is going on here?
  • I ordered Day 1 and I have not received any ship notification. I contacted support and they said it is still due end of August what is going on here?
    Initial quantities sold out in about 2 hours I believe. (If not sooner) so even though you bought day one if you bought later on day one you missed out. Btw they immediately updated the new shipping date when quantities sold it.

• Great to see the hub is making it to folks now, hoping to see some unboxing and review videos on youtube soon :)

Has anyone tried it with Forza 2 Horizon?
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    @Toon- Thanks for confirming the issues, I've also had a few members from here, GTP, PCars forums etc all confirm they too are experiencing the issues I mentioned with PCars. Hopefully SMS will get on this sorted shortly.

@Jon- Forza Horizon 2 on XBO... On a pad from the couch it's awesome! However, I don't think that this game designed for wheel driving, but obviously that's just my opinion.
    THANX Jason for pointing that one out !!!! Now I'm kinda getting rid of that ugly creeping feeling I mentioned before. Hope it'll come in next monthly update!

Anthony, go to your personal page. Home site, sign in, my account, my orders.
    Check there what expected shipping date is. Then you'll know if Fanatec is wrong or you in shipping date.

• Hey Natalie, thanks for the feedback. Yep, loving F2H with a pad, and can understnad those here lean more to the PCars/FM5 type, was just windering about compatibility. Such a fun game.

Look forward to hearing more reviews of the hub as im on the fence at the moment. Cheers.
  • We need to voice our opinions on this issue. Here is the link to a thread already rolling.

I think it's only fair to now use that voice out to thank M$ for listening or caring for this problem.
    And I don't know if Thomas partly made it happen by pointing it out to them....if that's the case I'd also like to thank you Thomas !!!

• Excellent review Henk, thanks for putting that together and including FH2. Look forward to reading more of your thoughts with the hub and other driving titles.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited June 2015
    We need to voice our opinions on this issue. Here is the link to a thread already rolling.

I think it's only fair to now use that voice out to thank M$ for listening or caring for this problem.
    And I don't know if Thomas partly made it happen by pointing it out to them....if that's the case I'd also like to thank you Thomas !!!

I would be definitely the first to say thank you however I will hold of until it's a done deal or at least they give an official comment on it. ;)
    P.S a big shout out to Thomas if so.
  • Hey Henk...you'll have to pay copy rights for using my picture in your review...LMAO

Great review...And yes...creating a manual isn't the strongest case at Fanatec apparently !
    Thomas...I hereby apply for becoming a freelance manual (re) writer. I know I can write a manual so that everyone who hasn't EVER used a Fanatec product before can use it from beginning to end. LOL
  • edited June 2015
    Got my first broken button cap too. Just by picking it out the box again and pressing buttons.
    Also check 4 hex screws inside quick release of the hub..were loose too on mine !!!
    And second button cracked, remapping layout on hub.
  • Hi,
    i'm sorry that i need to confim:
    - 3 broken Button (LB, RB and B) Caps White playing for the last 3 days a couple of hours(pics attached)
    - 4 hex Screws also loose after a couple of hours playing (didn't hear something but the Wheel startet to wobble)
    - also i loose my CSP V2 ABS Rumble while playing PCars... An the beginning it works fine but actually it doesen't work anymore. Test with the PC Testingtool was succsessfull. anybody has this issue too?
  • Hello,

I've read that some don't like the Xbox One button markings (x,y etc) on the button boxes. The caps are removable if you'd like plain black. FYI. Now back to gaming. B-)
  • Sabastian Weides the ABS Rumble Feature Has Never Worked in PCars!!! that will be Fixed in the Patch.
  • Hmmmm im just gonna sit Here and Read How this Hun thing Plays out.... So Far Dont seem that im Missing Much i havent Read about How FM5 is with the Hub yet??? I think that FM5 Should Feel Great with the v2....Whats going on with F5??? How does it Feel with the v2 using the Hub?
  • Here's my button layout. Since I've been using the BMW last couple a months I know which buttons I want in close reach. For example lights, wipers, looking back etc. And we are limited in use of the LB, LSB and LT and RB, RSB and RT button boxes for now.
    Maybe helpfull to others.
  • Comes Assembled hey?

As they are a pain in the butt to put together