Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

1171819202123»

Comments

• After a couple searches I'm left a little confused and hope someone can help or direct me to the appropriate place to ask - Have the base v2 with Xbox hub. I have both the static shifters and the seq/H shifter. Nothing (in forza/Xbox) works for if plugged into "shifter 2" on the back of the base, however both work individually if plugged into "shifter 1". So first question is, is this normal or do I have a dead "shifter 2" port? Next question about button mapping - the manual has a section labeled button mapping but literally does not have one sentence post the title. Ideally I'd like to map the static shifter to the digital clutch and LB/RB - I had a thrustmaster TX which had a selection for this and allowed for paddles and shifter to be used at the same time. This allowed for easy switching between cars with dual clutches and stick/clutch based cars. Appreciate any info - NathanW
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey Nathan,

Did you submit a support ticket through the website?Do you have the latest firmware update?
  • Hey Nathan,

Did you submit a support ticket through the website?Do you have the latest firmware update?
    I do have the latest firmware, I double checked this. I also switch the shifters from being mapped to the normal shifters and seq shifters. Neither work on the xbox (but man that option seems like the ticket!). 

The static shifters DO work on the PC, I can seem them functioning upon press in the driver/tool settings on the PC - They don't appear to be mapping to xbox one, sadly. 

I will search where to submit a ticket - Thanks for your time.

NathanW

Hey Nathan,

• Hello, I have a question I would like to ask regarding my UHX and CSW V1.

I am running my V1 base, and xbox hub on PC using driver 226 and FW V115. I know that the buttons on the button boxes are duplicates of the buttons built into the hub. However, when using the wheel on PS3, or PC the buttons do not properly match up. If while in the control panel I press a specific button on one of the button boxes, such as button A, an entirely different button will show as illuminated on the built in panel, along with button A on the box side. The button I am physically pushing will always show correctly in the driver, but its counterpart will not be the same matching input. Also, one button on a couple of the boxes matches with its built in counterpart properly while the other buttons on that box do not, therefore this is not a wiring issue. I am confident all of the button boxes are plugged into the correct port on the Xbox Hub PCB. Also, pressing buttons on the built in panel produces the exact same results except opposite, meaning the button being physically pressed in the built in panel illuminates properly within the driver control panel but an entirely different button on the button boxes illuminates within the driver control panel. I have confirmed that all of my button caps are in the proper location.

I know that in the first UHX shipping announcement there is a note mentioning issues with button mapping that would be corrected in future updates. That was back at FW V095. I have not used any driver/FW other than 226/FW V115. Than in FW V109 there is mention of more buttons being able to be mapped on PC. Does anyone know what is causing this? Or if it will be fixed in a future update? This makes it difficult to know what input is going to be pressed when switching between the built in panel and the button boxes. 

Any insight that could be provided on this "issue" (I don't really consider this an issue, really it is just a little bug) would be greatly appreciated, perhaps someone from Fanatec could chime in on this one ;)
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey Nathan,

I do have the latest firmware, I double checked this. I also switch the shifters from being mapped to the normal shifters and seq shifters. Neither work on the xbox (but man that option seems like the ticket!). 

The static shifters DO work on the PC, I can seem them functioning upon press in the driver/tool settings on the PC - They don't appear to be mapping to xbox one, sadly. 

I will search where to submit a ticket - Thanks for your time.

NathanW

Hey Nathan,

Go to support and select "I have a question about my product", select product and fire away.