New driver 219 and firmware released

Comments

• I tried this firmware on ps4 with Project Cars. All seems work fine except brake rumble. Is this a Project Cars issue or is it from the firmware?
    No "decentering" problem for now.
  • PCars error
  • Works fine on the Master Race.
  • Hi Thomas,
    Is it likely future drivers will allow Xbox one hub/CSWB V2 to have the wheel tunability of PC? As you know currently the Xbox one hub in Xbox one mode doesn't let you tune everything, I am finding it disappointing to use without the ability to tune these settings. The unit feels great on PC though, so hats off there.... Is the reduced tunability caused by the Xbox one FFB model? Does it not allow for these settings? Don't mean to sound negative I just want to know if this is as good as it gets on Xbox one.
  • Any one know what the PS4 update was about today?
  • Update?
  • Thnx Trevor
  • wouldn't psn have to be working to update? What a joke of a service. Meanwhile, on Xbox and PC people are gaming.
  • Question... was the wheel De-centering in FW 94 issue ever addressed??? i just tried it again and it still looses center even after the PCars 2.0 update.... Even on the PS$ Dash Board you can Notice the wheel Not being straight and Level.... This only happens on PS$ and when i plug the wheel to my PC every thing is Straight and level once again.  Going back to FW 65 again.... Am I the only 1 that Notices this or that is having this issue with FW 94???
  • Your not the only one Grimey...but I can't go back to 065
  • My wheel never loses centre in pCars
  • @ Grimey Dog :
    No decentering problem for me.
  • A question about break rumble on CSW V2, CSP V2 (with Project Cars on PS4) :

First: did it come back with 2.0 update ?
    seconde: If I set the ABS (in the wheel) on "off" (not "0"), did the break rumble is on when tires left the grip ?

Thanks for all your help guys ;o)
  • I have the Clubsport wheel base ver1. when i installed the update I couldn't get a response from my V2 pedals.  has anyone else had this issue and did you find a resolution?
  • I was about to post the same thing Wesley. It seems that after 2.0 update my clutch is no longer working as it did at 1.4. When i go to calibrate it it isn't responding. Sigh i wish sms would fix project cars it has such a potential to be a great racer if they fix the bugs
  • Question... was the wheel De-centering in FW 94 issue ever addressed??? i just tried it again and it still looses center even after the PCars 2.0 update.... Even on the PS$ Dash Board you can Notice the wheel Not being straight and Level.... This only happens on PS$ and when i plug the wheel to my PC every thing is Straight and level once again.  Going back to FW 65 again.... Am I the only 1 that Notices this or that is having this issue with FW 94???

Same issue here in CSW V2

And CSS inverted in Pcars

Same issue here in CSW V2

And CSS inverted in Pcars

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem on iRacing. I don't think it is game specific because if you open up the Wheel properties screen you'll notice that it is off centre (not on "0", maybe "4" for example) in the position indication when the wheel is physically on centre.

I'm only guessing but it may have to do with the new imposed "soft stop" positions encoded into the wheel in the current firmware.

After re-centre my "Hard" left stops a Raw value of approximately 655 (-441 degrees) and hard right 64880 (441 degrees)  as opposed to previous physical stops of 1 (left -450 degress) and 65535 (right +450 degrees). Admittedly I did not capture values prior to re-centring, but I will as I know it will "shift" as it has done since the Firmware update.

These values may "float" depending on the minor tolerances of your individual assembly and re-centring may resolve issue initially, but I tend to find that the error shifts in the direction of the correction (improves, but still off slightly) and then returns upon a subsequent re-starts of the wheel.

This tells me that the hall sensor centre position is "shifting". Lets not forget that upon start up, the wheel circles right, then left, then back to "centre". If the left and right values vary (due to soft stop), understandably the midpoint or centre may vary also. 

I am hoping Fanatec, firstly, acknowledges this issue whether it affects everyone or not; then look at implementing a "fix". No rush. Lets just get it right.

If I have got it all wrong, I apologise but I'm hoping Thomas will correct me.

• Hi All!

I'm trying to run the new Fanatec driver through bootcamp on windows 8.1 on my macbook pro retina. When I plug the usb cable into my macbook from the wheelbase V2, the red led turns on around the start button and wheelbase just keeps spinning left/right. I'm guessing it's just trying to calibrate itself? My wheelbase also doesn't show up in the fanatec program. I tried different usb cables, no effect.

Can anyone please help me?? This is driving me nuts! 

FYI I want to use this wheel on my Xbox One.
  • Sean, this is what happened to me when I had the pedals mistakenly plugged in to the Data port. Once I hooked it up right it worked . 
  • Sean, this is what happened to me when I had the pedals mistakenly plugged in to the Data port. Once I hooked it up right it worked . 
    I was really hoping this was the case, I would've laughed at myself so hard lol. 

But everything seems to be plugged in just fine.
  • try, doing the update procedure with only the wheel and hub.  If that works then hook up accessories one at a time and re-flash firmware.  

• i have a V1 base, fanatec are sending me a V2 motor to replace the one that died, when i get my new motor is there a different dl that i shoould use? is there a v1 version and a v2 version?
    and if so which one should i use with the v2 motor

thanks in advance
  • i have a V1 base, fanatec are sending me a V2 motor to replace the one that died, when i get my new motor is there a different dl that i shoould use? is there a v1 version and a v2 version?
    and if so which one should i use with the v2 motor

thanks in advance
    There are two motors in a CSW V1 . The V2 motors for CSW V1 are NOT the same as the motor in the CSW V2 which is a single brushless servo. You don't need to change your drivers at all after putting in the two new motors.
  • Hi all,
    I have the clubsport v2 wheel base, Xbox universal hub, pedals, shifter, handbrake etc. I bought this mainly to play Forza.... Unfortunately we cannot modify For (Force Effects), SPr (Spring Effects) and dPr (Damper Effects) on the Xbox One. I am told this is due to the new API for game controllers not containing such effects or does not split effects into these categories.
    Both Playstation and PC use these effect and the wheel feels fantastic on both these platforms. On XBox one however it feels fairly average without these settings. I find I have to fight the wheel around centre when the cars weight shifts and the wheel doesn't centre nor stay centred as it should. I can turn game FFB down but then I loose feel. Any thoughts/solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    Some of you would say, so just play sims on other platforms, problem is, Forza is in my opinion one of the most enjoyable racing game/simulator available!!! Largely due to the fairly extensive car modification options and engine sounds.
    In your opinion would providing these FFB settings in the game be possible? Or will this come down to a Microsoft console update?
    Are any of you in a position to pass this onto Turn Ten/Microsoft so that it may be rectified in a later update?

Kind regards,
    Kurt
  • Another one of the short comings that the XOne has...aside the useless button mapping...lesser graphics and so on...
    We just bought a very expensive hub...to find out afterwards we can't enjoy it as much as the BMW or Porsche rim because of M$!!!
  • edited July 2015

• Hi, one question.

I updated the wheel V2 for Xbox to driver 219. I can see that this driver has been installed successfully (because it sais AUT in SEN-setting), but when turning the wheel on, it shows 094 in the display?

Do you guys experience the same issue?

With project cars, just a very few cars, for example the GT3 Z4 works good, but other cars feel awful (very bad feedback).

When I leave every setting on standard, it should at least be fairly playable??

• Hi, one question.

I updated the wheel V2 for Xbox to driver 219. I can see that this driver has been installed successfully (because it sais AUT in SEN-setting), but when turning the wheel on, it shows 094 in the display?

Do you guys experience the same issue?

With project cars, just a very few cars, for example the GT3 Z4 works good, but other cars feel awful (very bad feedback).

When I leave every setting on standard, it should at least be fairly playable??

Just had a chat with the service desk. The 094 Version for Xbox is the latest one, and the other for PC. Just reinstalled the driver, and the wheel works (don't know why) much better :)

Best regards
    Alexander
  • I have added a post on Xbox One FFB issue on the Microsoft Xbox one page, please follow this link and add your vote.
    https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/8874268-wheel-ffb-issue
    We need people power, the more we let Microsoft know there's an issue the more likely it will be fixed.