New driver 219 and firmware released

123457»

Comments

• Kurt, in FM5...try wheel setting 'DRI' at 3. In game ffb at 50 and vibration at 80. That did it for me!!
  • Another one of the short comings that the XOne has...aside the useless button mapping...lesser graphics and so on...
    We just bought a very expensive hub...to find out afterwards we can't enjoy it as much as the BMW or Porsche rim because of MS!!!
    You're such a little sony pony, get it through your cranium that XO/PC gamers couldn't possibly care any less about the pos4 . Those washed out graphics due to poor colour saturation on the pos4 are laughable, who would tolerate that? Not an XO/PC gamer. The irony is so profound, you complain about graphics YET BUY THE CONSOLE VERSION OF pCars, you even fail at trolling properly.

I've been enjoying my XO Hub since day one, even more than the Formula Rim. Sucks to be you.
  • Hi all,
    I have the clubsport v2 wheel base, Xbox universal hub, pedals, shifter, handbrake etc. I bought this mainly to play Forza.... Unfortunately we cannot modify For (Force Effects), SPr (Spring Effects) and dPr (Damper Effects) on the Xbox One. I am told this is due to the new API for game controllers not containing such effects or does not split effects into these categories.
    Both Playstation and PC use these effect and the wheel feels fantastic on both these platforms. On XBox one however it feels fairly average without these settings. I find I have to fight the wheel around centre when the cars weight shifts and the wheel doesn't centre nor stay centred as it should. I can turn game FFB down but then I loose feel. Any thoughts/solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    Some of you would say, so just play sims on other platforms, problem is, Forza is in my opinion one of the most enjoyable racing game/simulator available!!! Largely due to the fairly extensive car modification options and engine sounds.
    In your opinion would providing these FFB settings in the game be possible? Or will this come down to a Microsoft console update?
    Are any of you in a position to pass this onto Turn Ten/Microsoft so that it may be rectified in a later update?

Kind regards,
    Kurt
    Both FM5 and FH2 are working incredibly well with my hub and I'm used to the FFB from iRacing and rFactor 2. I finish at or near the top pretty much every online race in FM5 with it.
  • Undoubtedly it is alot better than a controller, however i bought this gear in large as a simulator to practice between track days....and just for fun too.
    Do you have an issue around centre where even slight changes in direction, the wheel overreacts and fights the other way? I can change settings, but I get to a stage where it lacks feel or feels dead around centre. Best way I can explain it is that it fells like an old muscle car with worn out steering components or alternatively if I reduce FFB it feels like a car with too much assistance from power steering.
    Do you understand what I mean by this?
  • Hi Jason,
    I don't suppose you would be willing to share your wheel settings? I realise this is a bit like asking another race team for their data and specs to some degree, but thought I'd ask and see if I could get some guidance. Even guidance will be great. Thank you for your response.
  • I don't do any external tuning on the wheel, I leave FFB @ 100 and Sen @ Auto and turn the in game FFB down to 60 or 70 depending on car. I was actually shocked how good the FFB is in FM5 I wasn't expecting anything more than FM4 and was pleasantly surprised.

I never noticed anything wrong around the centre and can catch slides. After turning my wheel returns normally to centre as I apply throttle. Going by posts on this blog FM5 either feels great or it feels bad, don't know what the issue is, just happy mine feels great!

Have you tried re-flashing the firmware?
  • No, I haven't tried re-flashing the firmware. I give it a try.
    Main difference I can see is the your Sen is set auto and mine has been set everywhere but auto. In horizon 2 do you have steering deadline set at 0 & 100% respectively? I have found Forza 5 seemed better than Forza horizon 2, but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it.
    Thank you for your time Jason.
  • Just thinking out load...since some are having trouble and others are not.
    I wonder if it's possible this issue is due to the wheel base belt not having quite enough tension on it. It would explain the slightly clunky feel off centre. Is there a specification or indicator for belt tension?
  • It is Done!!! after the PS4 2.0 PCars update i Have the Ultimate FFB Tweek!!! You Feel Every Detail Crisp and Clear!!! If any 1 would like to try it i will share it with you. Its Really Good Now!!!
  • Another one of the short comings that the XOne has...aside the useless button mapping...lesser graphics and so on...
    We just bought a very expensive hub...to find out afterwards we can't enjoy it as much as the BMW or Porsche rim because of MS!!!
    You're such a little sony pony, get it through your cranium that XO/PC gamers couldn't possibly care any less about the pos4 . Those washed out graphics due to poor colour saturation on the pos4 are laughable, who would tolerate that? Not an XO/PC gamer. The irony is so profound, you complain about graphics YET BUY THE CONSOLE VERSION OF pCars, you even fail at trolling properly.

I've been enjoying my XO Hub since day one, even more than the Formula Rim. Sucks to be you.
    In your world everything is perfect....so I bet you watch 'My Little Pony' each night before you go to sleep...so you can dream about your perfect world. Since your so eager to use ponies in your insults.
    Sucks to be you you mean.....there isn't a single person on these blogs that like you....HATE is what you bring out in people....so think twice who's life sucks the hardest!!!
  • It is Done!!! after the PS4 2.0 PCars update i Have the Ultimate FFB Tweek!!! You Feel Every Detail Crisp and Clear!!! If any 1 would like to try it i will share it with you. Its Really Good Now!!!
    I'm up for it mate...send me a pm via pan where to find it!!!
  • FIRMWARE UPGRADE V2.3 ON 911 GT3 RS with PS4

I play Project Cars on PS4 with the 911 GT3 RS.
    I think I had the same problem like others that the second part of flashing froze up.
    I don't know if this will work for everybody, but I found out the wheel stopt vibrating from the second half of the firmware upgrade method.
    The only way I could get it to go back to the bootloader mode and finish the second part of flashing, was to disconnect the usb-plug, when he asked you to put it in bootloader mode for the second time, and set the wheel in bootloader while it is disconnected.
    Than after plugging it back in, it startet vibrating again and then completed the Firmware upgradeFore it is now working fine and all ready had a lot of fun the last two days.

Hope it helps.

Greetings from Holland,

Hessel

In your world everything is perfect....so I bet you watch 'My Little Pony' each night before you go to sleep...so you can dream about your perfect world. Since your so eager to use ponies in your insults.
    Sucks to be you you mean.....there isn't a single person on these blogs that like you....HATE is what you bring out in people....so think twice who's life sucks the hardest!!!
    Hey KainNL, what is my little pony? Is that a new exclusive on your pos4 for all you sony ponies? You should add that to your xbox.com trolling I'm sure the MS reps will be so jealous.
  • No, I haven't tried re-flashing the firmware. I give it a try.
    Main difference I can see is the your Sen is set auto and mine has been set everywhere but auto. In horizon 2 do you have steering deadline set at 0 & 100% respectively? I have found Forza 5 seemed better than Forza horizon 2, but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it.
    Thank you for your time Jason.
    I've never adjusted any setting in FH2 except the FFB strength. I had a friend over who has never played a driving game before and she tried FH2 and didn't even suffer a crash for about 10 minutes which amazed me, but she complained that the steering was too strong for her and I had the in game slider at 60% FFB. I do like FM5 FFB better than FH2, but both are surprisingly good and don't feel like what consoles racers of the past felt like.

One thing, make sure you don't have your steering set to "simulation" as I remember in FM4 it felt awful when set to simulation and didn't feel anything like real world steering.
    please share I really like your old setting and would love to try the new ones.

Hey KainNL, what is my little pony? Is that a new exclusive on your pos4 for all you sony ponies? You should add that to your xbox.com trolling I'm sure the MS reps will be so jealous.
    Again Xbox.com...do you get paid naming that site every time or what.
    Off course you don't know MLP...don't have kids off course, for that you need a wife...but you don't have that either...how can such a sassy little hatred B**** have one. I bet no one wants to be in the same room with you for one minute!!!
    I bet you get a boner each time you insult, provoke anyone here or get a hatefull reaction on your posts!!!
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited July 2015
    Another one of the short comings that the XOne has...aside the useless button mapping...lesser graphics and so on...

Again Xbox.com...do you get paid naming that site every time or what.
    Off (OF)course you don't know MLP...don't have kids off (OF)course, for that you need a wife...but you don't have that either...how can such a sassy little hatred B**** have one. I bet no one wants to be in the same room with you for one minute!!!
    I bet you get a boner each time you insult, provoke anyone here or get a hatefull reaction on your posts!!!
    I'm sure you wonder about my boner a lot , you little sony pony. My bet is that you've never won a bet in your life. Tell us more about how graphics are so important to you, YET YOU BOUGHT THE CONSOLE VERSION OF pCars YOU PEASANT
  • edited July 2015
    I do not wonder....I just KNOW you get one after reading each post replied to yours. I've never said graphics are that important to me....that's what your making of it...
    And giving FM5 credit running 1080p 60fps is such bs. Off course, every not even half finished game can get that! Less tracks than fm1, way less online options then fm4, no storefront, no auction house etc...but up till today frame rate drops...paint searches with blanc windows...tuning searches with blanc indexes...etc etc. Not to mention that the community has been screaming for night time races and different weather effects...but it took T10 years to grant the communities whishes!!
    So what racing game truelly is there for the XOne...cause FM5 doesn't count..because the lack of a better option...FH2 can be flushed down the drain together with driveclub. Arcade junkie!!
    I'd like to try it Grimey where can we find it at ?
  • Ive beem on Vaca from the War in Here i will post them soon as i get a chance
  • Already found them on PCars forum Grimey
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited July 2015
    I do not wonder....I just KNOW you get one after reading each post replied to yours. I've never said graphics are that important to me....that's what your making of it...
    And giving FM5 credit running 1080p 60fps is such bs. Off course, every not even half finished game can get that! Less tracks than fm1, way less online options then fm4, no storefront, no auction house etc...but up till today frame rate drops...paint searches with blanc windows...tuning searches with blanc indexes...etc etc. Not to mention that the community has been screaming for night time races and different weather effects...but it took T10 years to grant the communities whishes!!
    So what racing game truelly is there for the XOne...cause FM5 doesn't count..because the lack of a better option...FH2 can be flushed down the drain together with driveclub. Arcade junkie!!
    Wow, stupidity at it's finest. How does the number of tracks included, storefront or auction house affect resolution and framerate? I never used the auction house or storefront in any of the Forzas I'm there to RACE online so I didn't even notice it gone and I'll happily take what I got for $60 in FM5 AT LAUNCH rather than wait another year for some extra tracks and a bunch of social crap I'll never use anyways.No framerate drops either, kiddo.

"FM5 doesn't count" Toddlers use this type of argument.

Your opinion doesn't count.
    It is Done!!! after the PS4 2.0 PCars update i Have the Ultimate FFB Tweek!!! You Feel Every Detail Crisp and Clear!!! If any 1 would like to try it i will share it with you. Its Really Good Now!!!

It is Done!!! after the PS4 2.0 PCars update i Have the Ultimate FFB Tweek!!! You Feel Every Detail Crisp and Clear!!! If any 1 would like to try it i will share it with you. Its Really Good Now!!!

• It's on the PCars forum. Bottom of page.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21978-Fanatec-Wheel-support/page136

But it's very strong, best to set tire force to half to what Grimey has.
  • Hello

After installing the new drivers 2.19 I lost the Force feed back in GSC extreme when entering in challenge.

It does not appears when running to qualify or when training.

Before installing this new driver, it was working well.

Any idea ?

• Go back to previous driver....it's still downloadable on V2 'download page'
  • Yes I reinstall previous one (2.05) and it works (made a mistake : it is not GSC but GT Legend !!)