Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel Price

Hi,

Can someone explain why did the price of Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel increased overnight from 1599 to 1799 euro? I was planning to order one in few days, but since price increased I will have to evaluate if wheel from other company (I don't want to advertise) is not a better deal for such amount.

Thanks

Comments

• No other DD is PS4 compatible.

nobody other than Fanatec can answer that question, most likely recalculation as I always thought it was offered too low...

• I had noticed the same, with the difference that I actually ordered it last week. It was on stock just before I ordered, but now they seem to be out of stock until the end of this month. Hope Covid-19 doesn't mess up their supply chain....

They did publish a new package deal with the DD1, Clubsport v2.0 and Podium Shifters for €1649 instead of €1749. Maybe this helps you. This bundle is howerver not PS4 compliant, but XBOX compatible instead.

• The new price of the Podium Racing Wheel F1 was always the intended price of this product (please consider the value of the individual components combined with the PlayStation 4 license). Previously, the product was being sold at a special introductory price.

• Ok, thanks for clarifying. Is Podium Racing Wheel F1 going to be supported with PlayStation 5 or this license is only for Playstation 4 and we will need a separate wheel base with new license?

On the other hand the DD1 & DD2 are compatible with Xbox One without any special wheel base, does this mean that next Microsoft console will also be supported on current DD1 or DD2 wheel base?

• 1. Nobody other than Sony knows that atm

2. https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/785/mircosoft-announces-compatibility-of-xbox-one-accessories-with-next-gen-console-project-scarlett#latest

• Thanks for the answers. I need to say that I'm pretty unlucky :( - I was thinking about buying DD wheel for over 6 months and finally when I decided to buy one in few days price suddenly increased by 200 euros