Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel Price

Hi,

Can someone explain why did the price of Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel increased overnight from 1599 to 1799 euro? I was planning to order one in few days, but since price increased I will have to evaluate if wheel from other company (I don't want to advertise) is not a better deal for such amount.

Thanks

Comments

• No other DD is PS4 compatible.

nobody other than Fanatec can answer that question, most likely recalculation as I always thought it was offered too low...

• I had noticed the same, with the difference that I actually ordered it last week. It was on stock just before I ordered, but now they seem to be out of stock until the end of this month. Hope Covid-19 doesn't mess up their supply chain....

They did publish a new package deal with the DD1, Clubsport v2.0 and Podium Shifters for €1649 instead of €1749. Maybe this helps you. This bundle is howerver not PS4 compliant, but XBOX compatible instead.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

The new price of the Podium Racing Wheel F1 was always the intended price of this product (please consider the value of the individual components combined with the PlayStation 4 license). Previously, the product was being sold at a special introductory price.

• Ok, thanks for clarifying. Is Podium Racing Wheel F1 going to be supported with PlayStation 5 or this license is only for Playstation 4 and we will need a separate wheel base with new license?

On the other hand the DD1 & DD2 are compatible with Xbox One without any special wheel base, does this mean that next Microsoft console will also be supported on current DD1 or DD2 wheel base?

• 1. Nobody other than Sony knows that atm

2. https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/785/mircosoft-announces-compatibility-of-xbox-one-accessories-with-next-gen-console-project-scarlett#latest

• Thanks for the answers. I need to say that I'm pretty unlucky :( - I was thinking about buying DD wheel for over 6 months and finally when I decided to buy one in few days price suddenly increased by 200 euros