Podium DD2 makes blowing sound and Wheel Base Motor Firmware 0
I contacted the support team on your advice.
I had to remove the old firmware and reinstall the driver package(v365). After doing this, I still have the same problem. Back in touch with the support team and they say: Please make sure you have performed after the firmware update the motor sensor calibration. But I can't do that calibration.
I would like to describe what happens when I start the DD2.
When starting up the DD2, the fan starts running at full speed. (Blowing noise)
Then I open "Fanatec Wheel property Page”:
- function test: - no steering wheel. I can't test anything.
- Settings: - Wheel center calibration: not possible
- Motor sensor calibration: NOT POSSIBLE
- Tuning menu: I can make changes here
- Mousse Settings: not possible
- Update: - Wheel Base Firmware: 672 ... the latest version
- Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 0 ... and when I press the button, Fanatec
Wheel Property Page stops.
- Steering Wheel Firmware does not appear
- Podium Hub Firmware does not appear.
Maurice I'll let you know this and maybe it can help or maybe someone else reads this and says: hi I've had this problem too and can help me.
Maybe I can install an older driver (335 or 346) or the new driver 373? Now I was using the 365.
What I don't understand: I buy a new DD2, no problems starting it up and no problem at all for 2 months. Then on 2020/08/14 I get the problem for 20 minutes and then the DD2 was ok again. I raced for two days and the third day, the problem was there again. Until now.
Is it a problem with the software or hardware?
I hope there will be a solution.
Kind regards and thanks,