Fanatec Beta Driver V361 (now V365) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Can you upload the log files from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

• Wonder to know when the developers will be update the FanaLab, AMS 2 V1.0 it’s just around the corner and still not supported yet.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite v1.1
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula V2
    • Driver Version: 365
    • Base FW Version: 672
    • Wheel FW Version: 34
    • FanaLab Version: 1.24 BETA

I've experienced an issue in ACC, when the tuning menu button is pressed on the wheel nothing comes up on the display. As soon as i exit the game the tuning menu is displayed as normal. (Not a show stopper, I don't tend to change tunining menu functions regularly but others might). I tried this with Fanalab 1.23 too and i had the same issue.

Is this a known issue? I couldn't see any others describing this issue or it listed in the changelog...

Also will coloured Flag LEDs (red/yellow/blue/green/white) get support in Assetto Corsa in the future? Simhub picks this information up so not sure why you guys couldn't support :)

Looking forward to another update.

All the best

Matt

• edited June 2020

Just installed that firmware. Will see how it works combined with v365...

• I am surprised to see all the issues people are having with 365 as I was on 346 and had freezing and other issues and I updated to 365 and its associated firmwares and haven't yet had one single freeze or any other issue fingers crossed it stays that way.

• Sadly, I don't play ACC... Only rally games here! :D

And I have a standard CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1, so no logo I guess.

• edited June 2020

After 2 hours of intense testing in ACC (CSW V2.5 + F1 2018 V2 + CSL Elite LC) with drivers V365,

Firmware installed:

Base 672

Wheel 34 (RFORM V2 test.hex posted here above by Marcel)

Motor 22

Conclusion:

No more freeze, no more restart

Everything is working properly (flag leds included)

FFB is much better (though louder than V347)

Thank you Marcel! You should definitely compile that V34 test.hex in the driver V365.exe

Oli

• Thx Marcel.

Update successfull. Will report if any issue.

• edited June 2020

181/5000

Can you ask for links to specific helmsmen packages, and the order in which they were installed?

Do you have a padlle module podium in F1 formula v2 steering wheel and are they working fine?

• hi, how set manualy wheel angle/sensitivity like in old driver ? thx

• can not set with driver 365

• It's now in the tuning menu tab

• Base CSW V2.5 y Volante F1 Fórmula V2

Controladores V365

Base 672

Motor 22

Volante 34 (prueba RFORM V2.hex por Marcel)

Cuando enciendo el logotipo de fanatec la F sale distorsionada otra vez y parece que le cuesta reconocer el volante ya que a veces se queda reiniciando por un par de veces hasta que lo reconoce bien como un F1 Formula V2, ya no sale un CSL Elite como antes

Tampoco se desconecta y se reinicia solo a los pocos minutos como pasaba antes

Probado en iRacing parece que todo funciona

El único fallo encontrado por ahora es al reconocer el volante, enciendo la base sale el logotipo de fanatec la F , se distorsiana y o detecta bien el volante o se vuelve a reiniciar , asi hasta que lo detecta bien por ahora hasta 3 reinicios seguidos

CSW V2.5 Base and F1 Formula V2 Steering Wheel

V365 Drivers

Base 672

Engine 22

Flyer 34 (RFORM V2.hex test by Marcel)

When I turn on the fanatec logo the F comes out distorted again and seems to have a hard time recognizing the steering wheel since sometimes it keeps rebooting a couple of times until it recognizes it well as an F1 Formula V2, a CSL Elite no longer comes out as before

It also does not disconnect and restarts only after a few minutes as before.

Tested in iRacing everything seems to work

The only fault found for now is when recognizing the steering wheel, when I turn on the base the fanatec F logo appears, it is distorted and either detects the steering wheel well or restarts, until it detects it well for now up to 3 consecutive restarts

Sorry for my English

• ok many thx, @Maurice Böschen

when the game (like Rfactor2) change sensivity, can i re set manualy in tuning menu ?

• Indeed I still have that F logo distorted upon startup but only for 2 sec. Then the FW #’s are displayed 2 to 3 sec before the screen goes black again (outside ACC).

No restart necessary to be recognized neither.

• I tested this weekend and had the same issue with the tuning menu in Assetto Corsa, not sure the issue is bound to a single game now :(

Regards

Matt

• I recently started having major issues with my Wheels base and everything attached dropping out during races (iRacing). Basically I lose control and throttle, steering etc. stay where they were when it crashes.

Initially I was running all drivers etc that comes with the Button Module endurance software package with Fanalabs 1.24 running. Yesterday I reinstalled everything from the website, after uninstalling driver, fanalabs, etc.

Fanatec 64 drivers 356.

Fanalab 1.24

Latest steering wheel drivers installed

Re-calibrated, basically followed the instructions step by step

Previously I had done the same thing with the original package that was available when the button module was released.

SIm gear, DD2, V3 pedals, shifter, hand brake, Porsche Rim with paddle shifters, button box etc. latest drivers.

PC specs if it matters,

CPU- 9900k running at 5.0ghz, 30% usage at time of crash 52deg C, it was running at 5.2ghz when it first started to happen, stress tested at 5.3 no crashes, stress tested at 5.0 no crashes, has been running for over 12 months at that speed no crashes, temps are right (massive custom water cooling loop)

GPU- 2080ti last crash had no OC on running at 97% usage at time of crash was at 53deg C, stress tested OC and no OC no issues.

Ram- 32gigs of ram, running at its rated speeds and timings

Other info,

- I've had the knock issue ever since what ever driver release it came in at. If Fanalabs is running I will get a BSOD (glad it doesn't harm the DD2, not real happy with the BSOD). If Fanalabs is closed no issues with BSOD but still knocks.

-ive been running the same drivers etc, since, January or so (can't remember exactly but a long time un changed), no issues up until a week ago.

-I have run alot of Test sessions, and practice sessions with no issues, may be 2-3 times more time then I have been in races.

-I've had drop outs in 5 out of the last 8 races, was 4 out of 5 up until I re-installed the drivers, re-installed drivers and did 1, 40 minutes race no issues, a short 10 minute race, no issues and got 25 minutes into a 40 minute race tonight before issues kicked in.

-Crashes have been- on the pace lap, second lap of qualy, out lap of qualy, under a pace car exiting pits, and in the pit lane while coming in for fuel. (so 5 times its happened not at race speed. Might just be a coincidence but putting it out there.)

-First 4 times im hazy on details, panic setting in as im trying to fix shit and get back into races etc. and got BSOD from each time when turning the wheel off, atleast 1 of those times I had ended process on Fanalabs, but still got the BSOD.

-So last race, I had closed Fanalabs just after I started the PC, and run 2 races before steering crashed.

-If I go in to devices etc and look at Game controller settings I can see the DD2 (two copies) and my Arduino button box, i can look at the properties of the button box and buttons etc are working. Cant look at the properties of the DD2, "not responding"

-Wheel still has natural friction etc. but don't think I was getting FFB from the game (not sure, busy try ing not to crash, then reset car etc)

-I still can access the extra pages on the DD2 (motor and driver temp were normal 34 and 38c something like that). I can go into the wheel settings, and can set clutch bite point, flick through itm pages, etc.

-Checking error log and I have 'rundll32.exe stopped interacting with windows and was closed' at about the time.

What I really want to know, is what do I need to do, so I can just race with no issues, what are the go to drivers, or what do I need to check or change etc? Next step would seem to be a re-install but...

• edited June 2020

What you need to do is drive ACC iso iRacing. Much more immersive. Incredible graphics. Amazing FFB. More realistic rating system etc.

Just kidding you of course although I’m not sure anymore. ;)

• Base CSW V2.5 y Volante F1 Fórmula V2

Controladores V365

Base 672

Motor 22

Volante 34 (prueba RFORM V2.hex por Marcel)

Hoy ya volvio al fallo original del v365 con detectar un volante erroneo, logotipo parpadeante algun reinicio de mas al encender la base y volvio a aparecer como volante el CSL Elite

Downgrade de base y volante al v347

Today it returned to the original failure of the v365 with detecting a wrong steering wheel, flashing logo some more restart when turning on the base and the CSL Elite appeared again as a steering wheel

Base downgrade and flywheel to v347

• Keep having the DD1 die after a few hours of use. F###ing pissed off now. Fresh windows install. v365. iRacing. With or without irffb. Off and on of the wheelbase sorts it. And the podium shifter misses up shifts. Time of log below seems to match the 'event'.

Endor FW Forcefeedback Driver

Build: Apr 1 2020 13:58:50

Call : 6/17/2020 22:56:52

SystemInfo PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (x64 - AMD or Intel)

OSVersionInfo Version Number = 6.2

OSVersionInfo Operating System = 

OSVersionInfo CSD Version = 

** FW-FFB Error tracing for C:\Games\iRacing\iRacingSim64DX11.exe **

[START TRACE]

CFAWForceFeedback::DeviceID Failed! DIERR_DEVICENOTREG

[END TRACE]

• Any update as to when we will be seeing an Updated driver without all these issues ? I can hardly complete a race in iracing without losing the ability to shift gears, I have to restart the wheel and irffb to get shifting back and then a few Laps later it happens again.

DD2 driver 3.65

Podium Hub and Button module endurance with advanced paddle module, all the latest drivers installed.

Can we get some feedback please ? i have a wheelbase that cost alot of money and i cant really use it for racing.

• Hello,

it has been a while since I have been in this conversation

I have a V 2.5 , what is the latest driver with out issue ? would like to use Fanalab if there is a reliable driver/firm ware that is available.

Thank you

• Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited June 2020

I have now started to have shifter issues now, like missed gears, shifting to 1st gear the shifter will go into reverse have to re calibrate wheel and shifter then it works OK for awhile ..So far this is just with Iracing.

CSWB 2.5 with UH (Not XBOX)

CSS SQ v1.5

Only on PC, Driver v365, FW v672, Motor FW 22

Windows 10 Pro v2004

• Wolfgang LangWolfgang Lang Member
    edited June 2020

Hi !

Are there any news about a new sw version?

I am especially looking to solve the universal hub problem.

Other than that I have no problems at all.

DD1

+ Universal Hub (2xButton Cluster + Podium Paddle Module)

+ Podium Hub + Button Cluster (Nascar)

+Formula V2 +Podium Paddle Module

Fanalab 1.24

Thanks you

Wolfgang

• Huib TomHuib Tom Member
    edited June 2020

DD known issues:

ClubSport Universal Hub issues:

Only X and B buttons work the rest is not send.

Will the problem be solved or is the universal hub with driver 365 useless?

DD2 with beta driver 365

Formula v2 steering wheel  +Podium Paddle Module

Universal hub with podium 300 wheel.

ClubSport Pedals V3

What can I do now to use both wheels normally and that the buttons work as it should.

• Of course the problem will be solved with the next firmware.

But for now, UHX users should not use this driver package 365 (which I assume is the one you mean because 265 is a 5 year old driver or so ^^) so stick with driver package 356 for now.

• Maurice thanks for the quick response.

Currently mainly GTE class in Iracing whit the v2 formula.

When i use de universal hub soon i install package 356

Once the problem is solved go back to....

Have a nice weekend.

• Thanks for this. I have installed it and done about 40 minutes of driving with no issues at all, will keep you updated if anything changes

• Hello! I have a PS4 DD1 w/ the advanced paddle f1 kit that comes with it. Sometimes on this latest V365 my paddles miss an up-shift? Do you recommend I try the driver linked in the previous comment as well? Thanks.

Best,

John

https://forum.fanatec.com/uploads/397/3HIJAPT7OXWX.zip

This discussion has been closed.