Fanatec Beta Driver V361 (now V365) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Anyone notice on 365 that above about 200kmh the ffb seems a bit creaky and loose around the centre when you quickly turn the wheel left and right? It is hard to describe.

I am on DD1. Happens in rf2 and raceroom, can't recall off the top of my head if it occurs in others.

• The fan of my DD2 power supply runs also continuously even though the base has long been switched off. Room temperature is approx. 26 °C

• 26 is too much, it kicks on at 25°C. So it's normal.

• Halo, I am using CSL E PS4 and i have tried to update the V365 firmware, after that the Fanatec Wheel Property Page Software cannot recognize my CSL E PS4 wheel base, my wheel bas is on the red mode. But if i hold the mode button for few seconds to change to yellow light, the software recognize me wheel base as Club Sport Wheel Base V2.

I have tried to downgrade the firmware to original V328, but the Fanatec Wheel Property Page still cannot recognize while my wheel base in Red mode.

So what can i do now? Thank you very much.

• I get a room temp above that and have rarely heard the fan, maybe once and that is all

• Stephane YverStephane Yver Member
    edited June 2020

Hi Marcel,

Sorry the report the issue is still there, last Friday lost the force feedback and today lost the shifting in ACC.

I had a pretty long session in AC1 and had no such issue, only in ACC so far.

Reloading the default DD2 + V2 profile in game did not fix it. Game over.

Rebooting the system does. Logs attached.

Please advise.

Best,

+------------- FanaLAB START-------------+

|    FanaLab V1.24 BETA 19/12/2019  |

+----------------------------------------------+

06/28/2020 03:29:32.499 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PodiumControl.PCUtilRegistry.GetRegistryValueCurrentUser(String Subkey, String Name, Int32& Value)

06/28/2020 03:29:33.720 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PodiumControl.PCUtilRegistry.GetRegistryValueCurrentUser(String Subkey, String Name, Int32& Value)

06/28/2020 03:34:07.494 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuite\DeviceName: RimFormulaV2 | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

06/28/2020 03:34:07.495 | ERROR | PCForceFeedbackEffectDamper::StatusGet failed! -7

06/28/2020 05:58:39.716 | ERROR | PCForceFeedbackEffectDamper::StatusGet failed! -7

06/28/2020 05:58:39.717 | ERROR | PCForceFeedbackEffectDamper::StatusGet failed! -7

06/28/2020 14:29:52.104

+------------- FanaLAB START-------------+

|    FanaLab V1.24 BETA 19/12/2019  |

+----------------------------------------------+

06/28/2020 06:29:52.105 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• For me it never fully stops even under 16C air conditioning, I should unplug it from power for a few seconds and plug again, then it stops.

• KAMIL KOCKAMIL KOC Member
    edited June 2020

Yeap, same here. 19*C and still running. After unplug and plug again it stops.

• Andy RubayeAndy Rubaye Member
    edited June 2020

PC Driver: 365

Wheel Base FW: 672

Wheel Base Motor FW: 22

Hey All, sorry if this was previously asked. I have a CSW 2.5 Universal Hub and recently grabbed this update and flashed everything over (Wheel + Motor) because I wanted to try out Fanalabs. For the longest time I just ran whatever that was stable.. I think its version 324 or 328, I honestly cannot recall. I drive on PC, using PC mode. (Red rings)

I see in known issues that only X and B buttons work, everything else doesn't. I didn't realize this until it was too late. I should have read the entire description on the first post before jumping in blind. I need to use the wheel buttons on the universal hub to navigate around menus.

Question is, how do I revert back to a more "stable" driver? What happens to the firmware? Will the driver know to downgrade the firmware as well? Reason I ask is I don't seem to be able to locate anywhere actual firmware files are hosted. I want to make sure I don't brick my wheel. So I am asking for advice on how to proceed to downgrade the Driver, Wheel and Motor to a stable version? Would greatly appreciate any advice and links to files.

Thanks!

• How do I get the wheel to stop "twitching" when centred? At 0°, the wheel is jumping between 32773 and 32780 all the time, and it's a bit annoying in my game that enables camera-rotation based on the steering angle.

• edited June 2020

Hi guys, just for your information, I'm having the same issue with the PSU; it keeps going even after hours of inactivity and never seems to stop. I have unplugged it once and the fans stopped. I don't know if the current situation will lead into a massive failure and I am not so sure that unplugging the power supplier is the right choice either. I don't know if this activity can be managed by the driver but I guess that adding an algorithm related to the condition of inactivity to force the fans to stop should do the trick but I am sure that the guys at Fanatec know that better than me.

• Hi all, I have frequently issues with my wheel base driver 361 (365). The driver didn't recognize the true installed Wheel Formula V2. It is showing a rondom wheel which is not installed. The only thing that helps is to restart WheelBase V2.5.

System:

Win 10 64

Wheel Base V2.5

Formula V2 Wheel

Pedal V3

FanaLab Beta .24

• I down graded to PC driver v346, FW 662, motor 22 ....I know this driver was good for me, but I'm having shifter issues with this driver too, I shift to 1st gear I get Reverse, I shift to 2nd gear, I get 5th....All the gears are all messed up and this is on the Wheels Properties page.

The SQ shifter v1.5 is connected to the CSWB v2.5 ...If I recalibrate the shifter works just for a few days and it's all messed up again, ....Should I contact Support?

• Stephen, this appears to be a hardware fault with the shifter itself. A few pages ago someone shared this video on how to fix it and I haven't had a problem with my shifter since.

• Thanks for that James :) I'll try that tomorrow after I get back home ;)

Kind regards

Steve

• Hello!

I recently purchased a DD1 PS4 bundle with the F1 wheel. I’m currently on 365 driver/fw package, and I notice a loud “thunk” on straights sometimes that really catches me by surprise and it doesn’t sound healthy for the base... I read the notes it said to PM Marcel, (which I did) if this issue is experienced as there might be a solution?

I also have the not so loud clunk whenever I shut down the base.

Thanks!

John

• Loud clunk when powering the Base off is normal, don't worry.

The loud heavy Jolts can be eliminated when you don't use the FFB Analysis Screens, stay on the default Screen which shows FANATEC.

• I was always on the large FANATEC screen when I felt the large jolts :(

• Question. How can we see the analisys screens? Thought the fanatec screen was the only screen (well I am using the BME).

• Please have a look into the Quick Guide which came with your DD.

• I always use the Fanatec logo screen as I read about the issue before buying my base. Still got jolts.

I also had an instance where I crashed last night and the mechanical damage in ACC caused speed dependent shaking that did not go away unless I left the lobby and rejoined. Going to pits and restarting with a fresh car did not work? I’m starting to wonder if it was even the mechanical damage that caused it in the first place :(

• Ok. Thanks.

I think I lost that part. Stopped reading after the reading to understand what is what when doing the parameter settings.

• Hi I have the new beta drivers installed for my csw 2.5.

All I am going to say is wow. the feel is so much better then previous drivers.

I some times get stuttering in the wheel. This happened on old drivers as well. I restarted my pc and it went away so hopefully its nothing.

I plan to buy the Porsche 911 GT3 R for my csw 2.5, I know its not supported currently.

Is there a beta driver/firmware I can test to get it to work? if not how long till the csw 2.5 gets supported?

• Hi,

currently I'm using the beta Driver 356. Everything works fine, no bugs or failures.

I checked the changelog of the 365 driver and it seems that none of the fixes will give me an improvement, because everything works fine and I have none of the fixed bugs.

Should I update anyway? Are there some remarkable FFB improvements?

I don't wan't to update just to try, because, well, never change a running system.

My stuff: DD2, McLaren rim, BWM rim, Podium hub with podium shifters and custom rim.

My games: R3E, AC, ACC, rFactor2

I'm also using fanalab 1.23.

Thanks. Thomas.

• edited July 2020

I think but dont take my word on it, that the CSW 2.5 compatibility is addressed in the 365 beta version...

But then again, if you dont want to use beta drivers then I would suggest to wait. 😏

• Not official in this driver, people can ask to get a first test firmware for the CSW, which is not included in this driver, as there are "only" driver improvements and no new firmware.

• Who do I need to ask to obtain said new test firmware?

• Stephane YverStephane Yver Member
    edited July 2020

Hi Marcel,

Any leads on what might cause the Formula V2 wheel freezes yet ?

I had another freeze during an ACC league race last night: shifting and LED gone after about one hour of use, I had to retire.

Interesting to note that the issue always happens after prolonged use. If I jump in a quick 30 mn race against the AI, I can usually get away with it, but in longer events with practice and quali I can never finish the race.

Best,

• Peter PolasekPeter Polasek Member
    edited July 2020

I'm looking for same info about the wheel freezes on DD2 with the Porsche Podium wheel. In my case, it's not just shifting, but the wheel won't turn at all (nothing works until I remove DD2 power cord. Also discussed in this thread -> (https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1893/wheel-goes-dead-mid-race-dd1-podium-gt3-wheel-driver-353#latest) Il've loaded steering wheel firmware 12 test version, but it takes a very long time (often weeks) before it fails, so it's impossible to know if it's fixed. Also, somebody in that other thread is having the same issue with a brand new DD1 on 365 and a BMW wheel that apparently doesn't use the steering wheel firmware at all, so it seems like the problem must be elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.