Symptom: Podium wheel base briefly losing resistance (potential bug)

2»

Comments

• yesterday I installed the new driver, and two road races in iracing, two disconnections ... I'm already scared to run ...

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Good finding, then there might be a loose connection in the connector to the QR

• Joel EckmanJoel Eckman Member
    edited December 2020

I first had the disconnect issue with my v2 base a few years ago. I solved it by dabbing a little WD-40 on the pins and fully mounting the wheel and removing it several times. I just got my podium base and had the exact same issue, random disconnects, etc. I solved it again the exact same way. A tiny dab of wd-40 on the pins and work the wheel on and off a few times. Sorted.

PS the podium is absolutely incredible.

• Guys I might be having similar problem with a DD1 too and I need some help.

What happens for me is that the base and wheel (DD1 + formula v2 wheel) function normally without a problem but without a warning I suddenly get a knock and the base turns off all force feedback, all vibration and actuation and just starts to pull to the right, if I fight it, it might start pull to the left until it bottoms out. When that happens the wheel freezes, the rev indicator leds freeze and the mini screen on the wheel either freezes or goes blank.

The DD1 screen functions normally and I am able to access the tuning menu via button on the wheel. Also when this happens all buttons work and I am stil able to shift up and down.

Now the problem is... That this has now happened to two DD1's I tried. Twice to the original I purchased back in August, in raceroom and rfactor2 with a fair amount of time between two occasions and now... after having RMA'd the first one for that reason the replacement one just did the same to me twice in space of an hour... in rfactor2.

Now I'm reluctant to contact technical support because I anticipate them to tell me to send it back to Germany (I currently live in UK) and the last RMA proces with the original DD1 was a massive 2 month long nightmare with lots of mishaps.

Could there be something effecting the DD1 causing these symptoms? Or is there something wrong with them that I don't know about?

Also I should add that this goes away after I restart the base

Here's a video I made showing what happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWHxR2GLLwU&ab_channel=KJaboski

• Hi there

I have this issue too

Over an exit kerb, the wheel gives a knock sound and the FFB is gone. It always feels like its not getting full FFB power anyway, and if i turn it up then it does the knock and is subsequently significantly reduced.

Tried every driver and USB port. Need help bad!

Any tips welcome.