PBME with XBOX Series X

Hi Fanatec,

I currently use the PBME with an XBOX One X and only 4 buttons are remappable- X,Y,A & B.

WIth the upcoming release of the Xbox Series X can you confirm or deny that the PBME 's full buttons and encoders available can and will be remappable if the game allows it like Project Cars 2. I understand that the display has limitations and can only show the legacy page and not the ITM pages, but before spending $800 AU on a new Xbox this information would be beneficial. If it isn't then a PC upgrade would be a wiser investment.

Thanks

Peter.

Comments

• It's up to Microsoft to update their code so you have to ask Microsoft, nothing Fanatec can do here.

• Thanks Maurice for your prompt reply.

Have a great day.

• Sorry Maurice, one more question.

With this limitation are you planning to update the firmware for the PBME so that the 4 buttons X,Y,A & B can be reassigned to other buttons on the PBME. I have raised this question before but no one has answered it. The reason I ask is that currently these 4 buttons are located on the right hand side of the PBME and it would be better for me if i could use my left hand for some or all of these buttons.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

Peter.

• Hey Peter, nobody has answered this and I've not got an Xbox but I'm going to have a crack at helping you anyway. :)

After a little searching, I've found out that you can remap a regular Xbox controller using something called the Xbox Accessories App. I have no idea if this is possible with the PBME but if it acts like a regular controller then it's worth a try. Please find more information here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/controller/customize-wireless-controller-with-accessories-app

• Thanks Richard for your assistance. I have asked this questions many times in different threads but yet no answer from Fanatec.

I have tried your suggestion but although the xbox controller button mapping does change, it doesn't roll over to the PBME.

With no commitment from Fanatec or Microsoft to enable full functionality of this wheel, and the lack of any racing titles coming out on the next generation xbox, I have decided to put my money into a pc. ACC hasn't even acknowledged utilising the wheels or button boxes or even enabling FOV changes on the next gen console. Why would I pay $800 to get only a 30fps improvement.

Thanks again Richard.

• Still a solid point regarding buttons being mappable on the Xbox. Still can't believe Fanatec keeps pointing there finger to Microsoft. The chicken and the egg story. I understand that if no sticks there head above the cornfield and develops new things nothing will ever change. But in this case you are a third party developing steering wheels to be used with one of the big players servicing the community with what they want. There must be some sort or working together while developing new stuff, so in my opinion, this is not only Microsoft to blame. You are in this together.

• edited January 2021

Please see my recent post on the subject: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/22003/xbox-fanatec-wheel-button-support#latest

In this post I describe that Logitech has been able to get all buttons and functions (rev lights included) of their G923 wheel working on Xbox - there are many more inputs than that of the Xbox controller - I’m sure we’ve all heard from Fanatec that their wheels not being fully supported is a Microsoft issue (and it might well have been) but clearly that is not true anymore especially with the above knowledge.

There is still a lot of confusion on this subject, and I feel some transparency from Fanatec about what the issue actually is is much needed and long overdue. 

• Additional wheel inputs are possible on Xbox - please see the linked post: PROOF of Logitech G923 inputs and rev lights working on Xbox.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/75213-calling-all-fanatec-xbox-users-proof-that-additional-wheel-inputs-can-be-achieved/