wheels losing connection or freezing

2»

Comments

• Hi David,

first you have to go to "My products" in your Account page on Fanatec site.

Then click on "support" on the product you need assistance for.

then assistance will be via email, and only if necessary you receive an email with the postal parcel for sending back the wheel.

It is for free if the issue is don't caused by an inappropriate usage.

better to use the original box.

Tech service with me was really kind and efficient, and for free.

• Hi Ulrich,

Has your problem been solved? Where are you playing on PC or PS5?

I just got my new equipment and I have the same problem. Every 8 minutes a freeze.

I have contacted Fanatec suport.

• hello,

im having the same issue with a brand new formula v2.5x wheel and my clubsport v2 wheel base. does anyone know if this issue is more related to the wheel or the wheel base?

i noticed when playing with the locking screw the problem would occur and stop on demand...

i am in contact with fanatec and they want me to send back my wheel for inspection (warranty coverage) but also want me to send the wheel base for inspection which is not covered under warranty. i recently purchased it on ebay and am not sure if ishould attempt to return to sender or send to fanatec for an inspection. im just not sure which item is the problem, the wheel or the wheel base.

• I am having the exact same problem as OP.

The wheel suddenly goes “numb” meaning force feedback disappears and the wheel shows as disconnected in the Fanatec control panel (see video below).

I opened a ticket with Fanatec Support and they said I’ll need to PAY for repairs. If this issue is common (it sure appears to be) why isn’t Fanatec offering to remedy it or doing a recall on it?

This needs to be made more visible on social media since the quality of Fanatec hardware seems to get glossed over.

• Hello everyone,

I have same issue, and according to my research, there are several other people that experience same problem.

It was rare at first but it started to happen more often. I tried to reproduce the issue, and according to my expriments it only happens during under very heavy breaking. I have tried without any game opened and it was happened also. So I want to ask if someone can try to do same thing? I think the issue is about brake pedals (maybe loadcell) rather than wheelbase.

Thanks!

• Hello guys, I think I solved the freezing issue I had with my DD2. Go to page 14 and 15 of this manual https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/01/7c/1b/P-WB-DD1-Manual-EN_web.pdf

You have to take the quickrelease out, unwind the two cables and connectors you will find inside and put it back together. The strange thing is I had another issue months ago where the buttons on my wheels (plural) were not working when I reached a certain angle on the steering and I fixed with the same procedure. I have no idea on why this procedure can fix multiple issues by my guess is that the cables winding is putting some stress on the internal PCB causing havok.

Another good question is how these cables can wind up in the first place because the PCB should rotate alongside the wheel, I wasn't able to find a decent explanation about that.