wheels losing connection or freezing
During use, all inputs and displays from the Formula V2 go dead. Nothing on the display, button or paddle inputs no longer go through. Seems to occur randomly and difficult to reproduce on command, but is happening often enough that I can't finish a race in iRacing or ACC.
Also happens with my round rim that uses the Endurance Button Module and Podium Hub in exactly the same manner.
I've noticed that the wheel is no longer displayed in game controller driver settings when this happens. Sometimes it seems that restarting the base will restore working order, but the issue will occur again soon after if I continue. Other times even restarting won't do it, but oddly removing and reinstalling the same wheel does . . . briefly. Of course it happens again not long after.
I've flashed the wheels firmware, and also tried multiple update versions. No change. Odd because it didn't start until about a week or two ago. Starting to wonder if they borked something with the wheelbase firmware, but I have no clue. I'm just using whatever the newest wheelbase firmware listed is.
While I wait to hear back from support, I'm trying things like using other USB ports, just to rule out variables. No luck yet.
I'm seeing some scary long wait times listed in other posts regarding Fanatec support. I'm not interested in waiting several weeks to resolve this, so hopefully they get back to me before I move on to a Simucube system.