Driver installations

Help needed. Sorry if this is in a wrong category. I'm new to this Fanatec ecosystem. It's quite confusing even though I work in the IT industry. I have played with Logitech G2x for years on consoles. Most probably I will continue the console side. PC only needed for firmware upgrades.

When you go to fanatec website (not forum) there are different driver versions for different products. I assume the driver is universal to all the equipment? I assume I have to choose the latest one even thought some equipment has the older version of the driver. Is that true? The product page of the magnetic shifter module shows v373 version of the driver, but for example formula v2 wheel shows v334. I really don't understand why all the products don't have same stable version of the driver (the latest one).

Other question, is it safe (relatively) to install the beta version (v380) instead of stable?

Last question, should I connect the clubsport v3 pedal via wheelbase to PC or directly connect with usb to make firmware upgrade?

Comments