The COVID excuse is not working for me any longer.

2»

Comments

• So fun - what wheel did you buy? Just to get you excited, it is great. I have DD1 and CSW V2, I upgraded from a Thrustmaster TMX wheel. Despite the delays, it will make it all better once the base is there. Make sure you have your mounting ready. I built my own race seat so I used the delay to get the seat ready. Now I am in practice mode and getting faster!

• Ordered the CSL elite 2 pedal set on the 6th Jan, payment taken on the 7th Jan. Processed on the 12th Jan.

Had delivery dates every day this week 18th - 21st Jan all cancelled todays at pretty close to the end time for delivery schedule. Now scheduled for Monday 25th ( Friday must no longer exist in the UPS world, pretty much like customer service an intelligence ).

Fanatec have been pretty much useless, have now asked for a refund of the postage and if they do not provide that then they can have the goods back at their own expense.

I did not and never would willingly use UPS pretty much the worst service in the world, it was forced on us by fanatec who by choosing UPS as the delivery service have seriously impacted the purchase experience for us the customers and no reputable company would force that on customers.

There is no reason fanatec could not provide a few delivery options and let the customer choose which one to use.

I have zero trust in my CSL pedals arriving on monday I know from bitter experience the blatant lies UPS invoke and how they have utter distain for the fact they have entered a legally binding contract to deliver goods by a given date.

I am now looking into DD units or if need be the Thrustmaster TS range plus some sprint pedals so unless Fanatec sort THEIR act out quickly they have lost a few thousand pounds of business from me and will see that money go to a rival firm.

• Lucky for you Mark! Ive been waiting on my Mclaren wheel for over a week and still waiting for clearance information (invoice). Emailed Fanatec twice and not had any reply. My patience is running thin and their customer service at the moment is horrendous. Surely its not hard to ship the items with the correct info needed.

• I received my rim. But DD1 is still sat in germany, although just updated to 'delay' now. No contact from Fanatec customer service within their stated reply period of 2-3days. Im sure though, the 'fanatec fan boys' will still blame the customer over the seller which makes me smile a bit. No VAT/import tax mentioned or required to pay so far. I get the brexit delay bollux however it doesn't mask poor customer service. A reply would be nice....just saying.

• So when people are trying to explain to ops how logistics works, how VAT is charged etc, they become fanboys and blame the customer. Nice logic... yeah blame Fanatec for the idiots in your country that put you into this place anyway, for your Goverment (customs people and offices) for not being ready to accept all this load, UPS that are totally worthless to collect and prepare the paperwork.... But yeah.... Fanatec is the issue because they dont sent a reminder to every UK customer regarding the issues in customs. Oh wait. It is in their webpage. 🤦🏼‍♂️

• The biggest pain in the arse throughout this whole process is Fanatecs some what missing customer support! A little re-assurance that +£1k of my money sat in a box in a warehouse will get to me! I have never known any other companys like it. Brexit is not Fanatecs fault which I agree with 100%. But brexit is no excuse for crap customer service.

• I guess I'm a Fanatec fanboy now. Who knew?

• Don't take it to heart, the world is going soft. Your info has helped. Just want all this to be done and dusted! and have my products in my hands! Instead I have a v2 rim that I can air drive with! Very frustrating experience.