Feedback and Support for the Fanatec App

Comments

• Yes, it's the 0.1.13 and I've downloaded it today in the Apple App Store. If your Dev needs more infos, do not hesitate to contact me.

• Hi.

Our Dev tried to reproduce the issue the whole last 2 days but he could not reproduce the issue. The App is working fine in all possible scenarios he tested when using 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz WiFi.

I also tried and both WiFi bands are working fine and dont give an issue.

He suggests that something is wrong with your WiFi connection of your Router (either an issue with your specific Router model or a network issue in the WiFi settings or general settings of your Router) and you need to investigate on that end.

• David DeGreefDavid DeGreef Member
    edited January 5

The ABS, TC readouts are blank. Maps unknown

Speed, gear, laptime all other functions seem to work fine.

Using McLaren MP4-C3 GT3 in iRacing

If you report an issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you using the Fanatec App with Android or iOS? Android
    • Which mobile device do you use? Samsung S9
    • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ... CS DD
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): .... Formula v2.5x
    • Driver Version: .... 455
    • Base FW Version: .... 2.0.1.4
    • Motor FW Version: ....
    • Wheel FW Version: .... 47
    • FanaLab Version: .... Not Installed
    • Tuning Menu settings
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else? Driver yes, Fanalabs not installed
    • You can create driver log files on the settings page of the Fanatec Control Panel

• edited January 5

iRacing does not support readout of TC, ABS and Maps levels through their Telemetry. No issue.

• Thank you Maurice, I will raise a Feature Suggestion with iRacing.

• We already did but wont happen due to anti-cheat measurements from iRacing which make it neccessary to block this kind of telemtry data.

• Using a CSL DD 8NM and starting Assetto Corsa Competitizione on a PC Windows 11 I do not get any ITM data on the iOS app.

Even the demo does not work, neither the tuning.

• Are you using the Fanatec App with Android or iOS? iOS
    • Which mobile device do you use? iPhone 13
    • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ... CSL DD 8NM
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): .... McLaren GT3 V2
    • Driver Version: .... 455
    • Base FW Version: .... 1.1.11.3
    • Motor FW Version: .... 1.0.3.2
    • Wheel FW Version: .... 47
    • FanaLab Version: .... Not Installed
    • Tuning Menu settings: .... Custom Setup, SEN = 900, FFB = 75%, NDP = 50%, MPS = Auto, CBP = 100, BRF = 0
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else? Driver yes, Fanalabs not installed
    • You can create driver log files on the settings page of the Fanatec Control Panel

• That means your Firewall is blocking access, make sure to make an exception in your Firewall settings for the TrayApp.

• Can you explain what exactly I need to except in the Windows Firewall? The Application, a specific port,…?

• HEy everyone, i have currently an Issue with the APP. Every Game works fine. Only F1 23 seems to send no Data. I'am very desperate at the Moment.

I'm able to change things in the Tuninge Menu but i'm getting not data in ITM, iRacing and ACC are working without any Issues.

MY Gear:

Iphone 13 Newest IOs Version

Base GT DD Pro ---- Firmware 1.1.11.3

Wheel Formula v 2.5 --- Firmeware 47

Wheel´Base Moter FW -- 1.0.3.2

Fanalab v 2.01.21

Log ist in the Attachment

I have also added two Screenshots form the Little Windows that pops up when i try to click on the Game Telemtry Data. The i get the 2nd one.

Thank you for your Help.

• Hello all,

sadly, the app doesn´t word for me. My current settings are:

• Are you using the Fanatec App with Android or iOS? iOS
    • Which mobile device do you use? iPhone 14 Pro Max
    • Wheel Base Model (product ID): GT DD Pro 8 nm
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Clubsport Formula V2
    • Driver Version: ....455
    • Base FW Version: ....1.1.11.3
    • Motor FW Version: ....1.0.3.2
    • Wheel FW Version: ....47
    • FanaLab Version: not installed
    • Tuning Menu: Sen 360 / FFBS: 8 NM / FFS: PEAK / NDP: 25 / NFR: 20 / NIN: OFF / INT: 3 / FEI: 100
    • Driver : Is installed on C

My own troubleshooting:

Tray app is installed and shown in the bottom right screen (Win 11) (It disappears when you switch the mode of the Wheelbase)

Fresh driver installed (455)

FanaLab deinstalled (Read about UDP collison)

Multiple system reboots

Firewall settings are enabled for private network comms (NodeBrigde and TrayApp, F1 23 and ACC)

Currently, neither F1 23 or ACC get any communication with the app - the PC part registers a game, but not the app itself. I don´t know if there is any UDP port for Fanatec, if so please tell me.

Tuning menu gets no connection - also the App itself gets a connection with my PC, but my PC is never shown in a device list. I have to connect it by typing my IP. It reconnects though.

• Pixel 7 (Android 14)

App 0.1.13

Issue/comment: using system's navigation "back" gesture closes the app unexpectedly.

Suggestion to make navigation easier: have system back button perform the same as the app's back button.

When reading through blog posts, using the system's back navigation (swipe from either side of phone) to go to a previous post/page, the app closes. Using the app's back button in the upper left performs as expected.

Let me know if you want/need any other info!

Greg

• Martin MohrMartin Mohr Member
    edited March 26

Hi All

Is there perhaps a workaround for the F1 23 problem (mentioned above by Daniel Pracsner on January 17) or a fix planned? I seem to be facing the same issue.

Regards,

Martin

• No.

The Mobile App will never work in parallel with FanaLab in F1 23.

• So what you are saying, is that it is one or the other?

• For F1 23? Yes.

• edited April 1

I´m searching the Internet now for hours but can´t find a solution for my problem. ITM works in all my games (Raceroom, Project Cars 2, ACC) but not in Dirt Rally 2. Where is the failure i cant see?

So what am i missing that it does not work.

All settings in hardware settings config are correct

• Are you using the Fanatec App with Android or iOS? iOS latest Version
    • Which mobile device do you use? iPhone 15 Pro
    • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ... DD1
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): .... NASCAR
    • Driver Version: ....455
    • Base FW Version: ....3.0.4.3
    • Motor FW Version: ....3.0.0.2
    • Wheel FW Version: ....6
    • FanaLab Version: ....2.01.21
    • Tuning Menu settings
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else? C:

• In Codemasters games you can not use FanaLab and the Mobile App at the same time due to the App not supporting port forwarding which would be needed to run both in parallel.

• edited April 1

So shut down fanalabs while playing Dirt Rally is ALL i have to do? 😂

I´ll try this.

edit: sadly that does not work at all. The App is always "waiting for data"

• Mhm then I dont know. It's working fine for me so the issue is somewhere on your end...

• I´m trying to uninstall and reinstall. Maybe this will fix my problem. 🤷

• edited April 1

Tried a new install doesn´t work.

I forgot to say that i´m using also a Prosimu T1000 3M Rig that works fine.

My hardwaresettingsconfig looks like this

<motion_platform>

<udp port="20777" enabled="true" extradata="3" delay="1" ip="127.0.0.1" />

<fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />

<udp port="30778" enabled="true" extradata="3" delay="10" ip="127.0.0.1" />

Can you see there any problem?

• Not at home atm to check but your UDP Port looks wrong, I think should be 20778.

• So everywhere i looked 20777 is correct.

Tried the whole day to get it working but can´t find out why not.

• Try 20888, thats what I have and its working for me.

<motion_platform>

<dbox enabled="false" />

<udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20888" delay="1" />

<custom_udp enabled="false" filename="packet_data.xml" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />

<fanatec enabled="false" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />

• Thats it, thank you so much. 😍 Cost me a whole day...but why is everywhere 20777 named as the correct UDP Port?

• No idea, 20777 is definitely wrong. I was sure it's definitely not a 7 at the end but has to be a 8 but wasn't sure if 20778 or 20888 is correct until I had a look into my file at home where it's 20888. Glad that it's working for you now :)

• edited April 20

Should the app work with LMU? Seems to be not supported yet. Will it be supported ever?

Just saw it also doesn't work with ACC. I use a CS DD+.

• edited April 20

LMU will be supported with the next TrayApp included in upcoming driver 457.