CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4 won't connect to Xbox One

I recently purchased the CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4™ along with the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 and the Clubsport pedals. My intention was to use it with my current Xbox one until the PS5 came out, then use the V2 rim with both consoles. Once I unboxed and put the unit together I tried to plug it in to my Xbox one and start it, but nothing happened. I would only get a Blue Light (PS4 mode) or Red Light (PC mode) to come up or the Purple Light (Compatibility mode) on the CSL WB.

I went to the forums and discovered I needed to download some drivers and update firmware. I proceeded to download the following drivers: Fanatec 64bit v328 for wheel base & Fanatec_64_driver_336_beta for the V2 rim. After updating the firmware, I was able to access the V2 steering wheels settings and enter in my FFB, Drift, etc. I tried plugging the USB connector into my Xbox again, and once again, I wasn't able to turn on my xbox through the wheel. For a brief moment I was able to get the green light to show up on the CSL WB, but it was intermittent. Xbox never did recognize the controls as being plugged in.

I've tried a few times since then to get it working, but the only option my WB and Rim gives me now is PS4 mode or PC mode. I don't see the green Xbox mode at all since my initial attempt after updating firmware. I don't even get the Purple compatibility mode light to come up on the CSL WB. At this point I'm wondering if I should just send it back and get a dedicated Xbox one CSL WB.

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered in the forums previously, but I wasn't able to find any posts with the exact same symptoms as my issue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• You installed an outdated incompatible driver which doesn't know the ClubSport Formula v2 Wheel.

For that wheel you need at least driver 336 and the included firmwares, then everything will work.

• Psql .Psql . Member

You don’t need to install 2 drivers on your PC. Only install the firmware that is the newest and supports all your hardware.

I would uninstall all drivers, reboot your PC and install the 336 driver, reboot again and then connect your base and wheel and try to update everything again.

• Always make sure that all Fanatec gear is connected and powered on when you install the driver though. When it's powered off during installation this can lead to issues.

• Thank you Maurice and Pasqual. That was exactly what the Dr. ordered. It's working fine now. Thanks again!

• Hey there,

Hoping I can get some help on the same issue, exactly same items and setup by the sounds of it . I seem to have to update the firmware everytime I try to play on xbox. I update them all then it will eventually slip in Xbox Mode and as soon as I turn it on it is like it resets. Is this a hardware issue, I have contacted support as well. I tried 336 now I am on 346 and its the same. Maybe I am doing something wrong in my setup procedure or I have clicked some wrong setting. I wish there was a different button combo for each mode so it went to that setting rather than cycling through.

Thanks for any help,

Luke

• Hi guys super noob here.

I just got the CSL Elite wheelbase with the clubsport v2 f1 wheel (i know its for xbox but i emailed them and said that it can be used on ps4). i got everything setup and once i start up a game, nothing gets recognized. I’ve tried restarting it, turning it off and on, unplugging stuff, etc. Nothing works. I have the cable plugged in from the PS4 usb to the csl wheelbase, so i dont know whats wrong. Fanatec support told me that i dont need firmware update because I’m on ps4, so im really confused.

I’m so lost please help me lol. Any response would be awesome.

• 336 seems to be working for me, although intermittently. If you're using 346, you may want to remove it from your PC, restart your computer, upload 336 again, restart your computer, then upload the firmware to your wheel. For Xbox anyway. I found that when plugging the USB directly into my Xbox doesn't work, plugging it into my PC first and going to the Game Controls interface and toggling between modes. From there, plugging it back into Xbox tends to work.

Solomon Park: I'm not sure what to do about PS4. I'm not currently using one, so I don't have anything to test with. I recommend making a video of the issue you're having and send it to Fanatec's support team through your account. It will give them a better idea about what your issue is and how to help you. I would also recommend making your own post with questions as it will increase your chances of getting a response.

• Hey @Solomon Park

I had to do a firmware update for it work as I was told the V2 wheel can't be seen until you do, I would follow Daud and update to that which I will try later.

Thanks @Daud Littleton, I will give it a shot when I finish work and see if this works. Really annoying it doesn't just "work" with thew first update on the website or there isn't any specific guidance.

Thank you,

Luke

• Did any of you guys get it sorted im having the same issue on xbox ive tried all the drivers and update if i update the base a wheel it will work once with the formula v2 but othwise only works with the P1 wheel

• Hey,

I contacted support and they told me to install 346, I did and it doesn't work still so they RMA'ed it and the new set came today. Still nothing. Hugely frustrating and wish they'd make a video to show what we are doing wrong.

Thanks,

Luke

• Hi Me too - same problem - have just received delivery of new CSL Elite Wheelbase + (officially licensed for PS4) with a pre- ordered Clubsport Steering wheel Formula V2 with a set of Clubsport V3 pedals to use with my Xbox. Cost over 1100 euros and the formula v2 steering wheel will not connect to xbox - it just hangs with the green light (xbox mode) and I have to unplug it from the mains to switch it all of. Have uninstalled then reinstalled 64 bit 336 (beta) driver and firmware (as advised above) - no luck it will just not talk to the xbox correctly. It all works OK with my PC so problem clearly lies when communicating with the Xbox. - what a rip off.

Has anyone any suggestions - don't want to have to send it all back to Germany?

• Now all sorted - Thanks to Dominic at Fanatec I needed to delete v336 driver (that's on the Formula V2 product webpage) with the newer v373 driver that also includes newer firmware v35 for Formula V2 Steering wheel.

See here at - https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/15204/fanatec-beta-driver-v373-372-before-for-csl-csw-and-podium-bases-all-wheels/p1

• Hamish RossHamish Ross Member
    edited October 2020

Well "CANCEL THAT' as the Formula V2 wheel IS STILL NOT WORKING with CSL Elite + PS4 wheelbase when connected to my XBOX. As above I have correctly uninstalled v336 driver and as suggested by Dominic at Fanatic replaced it with v373 driver and still no joy. Fanatec have clearly let this issue slip by - how many other customers are unable to use their Formula V2 wheel and CSL Elite + PS4 with an Xbox? Has anyone out there found a solution to this issue? As for me I'm contacting Endor boss 'Thomas Jackermeier' by email to complain - I think this is his email address CEO bei Endor AG @ CEO bei Endor AG

Anybody else with this problem got any solutions that work or should I just buy a Playstation?

• Hamish RossHamish Ross Member
    edited October 2020

OK - Thanks to Dominic Brennan ( who should be awarded Fanatec Employee of the year) by updating PC Driver Packet to V374 followed by flashing the Wheel Base Firmware back to V674 ALL IS NOW WELL.

In other words after a wait of 4 working days (which is about standard for Fanatec support) my brand new CSL Elite + PS4 with Clubsport Formula Wheel V2 is working as advertised with my XBOX ONE X.

So as previously suggested by Jeff Cumin at

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/12425/nominating-dominic-brennan-for-fanatec-ceo

I think Dominic should get a pay rise - Thanks Again Dom

• My wheel csl elite is working with PC but ps4 is not recognizing it. What is the issue? Updated everything still nothing.