preorder - disappointment

2»

Comments

• I have it sitting in my cart but I can not get any further. Every time I click "check out" it just refreshes the page with it sitting in my cart again.

So frustrating....

• This might actually be more frustrating than not seeing anything populate on the page at all (me). haha...sorry man.

• @ Paul Wood Maybe you have forget to chose the Warranty Option?

• Correction:

This morning, I gave it another try .... it seems like I was successful after all this morning.

That puts my accusation about availability into perspective.

This way it is of course easier to cope with the rather unpleasant shopping experience ....

I apologize for any false allegations

• Yup, whine, cry, whine…..oops…..I got my way…..never mind, I’m good…..my bad. Just par for the course.

• no, didnt whine, didnt cry, I had the message "no longer available", so it sounded like .... uh .... no longer available ....

now I realized, was not true, was a server error, so I apologize, thats all.

that was regardless of wether I can order the product or not.

please do not interpret wrong things in my posting

• Didn’t include your quote when I posted. That was a general statement about posts on this forum. Please do not assume I was talking to you.

• I received the e-mail and spent two hours refreshing the web site and trying to log into my acct with no success.

Had other matters to attend to so really had given up on being able to do the wave 1 preorder and left.

Returned about 4 hours later and thought I would try one more time and everything went smooth, no refreshing needed, just signed into my account and ordered the 8nm wheelbase, printed my receipt for the purchase plus confirmed the payment from my payment source. Also got the confirmation e-mail from Fanatec confirming my my order.

This was all on the U.S.A. server. guess it made a difference on which server you had to order off of how long the unit was available before the allotment for that region ran dry.

• sorry, I thought it was related to my posting. 👍️

• No, I apologize…..honestly, I should just keep my damn mouth shut. Everyone’s point is very valid. It’s clearly obvious that this preorder release has issues. Frustrations are justified. 🙏

• Here's a reply from Fanatec to someone on Reddit:

"We completely understand why you want to part of wave 1 availability. There can be any number of reasons why you didn’t get access, but please rule out that your newsletter didn’t end up in your spam folder. The easiest solution at this point would be for you to sign up to the CSL DD landing page to qualify for wave 2. Just enter your Fanatec account email address at the bottom of the page. https://newstandardd.fanatec.com/

Let’s get you that access you want and deserve!

Best regards "

That basically reads like, "Yeah, we know there was a problem and yeah, we don't really care since we know you all will buy the stuff regardless."

Pretty shoddy way to treat customers.

• For those who have pre-ordered the CSL DD base, have you received a confirmation by email or do you have displayed in the orders list this preorder?

From my side after the Paypal payment nothing happened, only the confirmation, by email, of the payment by Paypal.

I have contacted the Fanatec support, just in case.

• I got a confirm email from Fanatec after the order.

• Sounds like YOU interpreted it that way. Didn’t like that response. Here:

from Dominic Brennan

Hi everyone,

We are investigating an issue that prevented some customers who were eligible for the Wave 1 pre-order from being on the master list. 

We're also working through some technical issues that is still preventing some customers from completing a CSL DD pre-order. 

'Wave 1' is still open, so for those who have access to the CSL DD on the site, it should be possible for you to place a pre-order once these issues are resolved, so I suggest that you keep checking the site every few hours.

We hope to transition to 'Wave 2' within the next week, so those who missed 'Wave 1' should soon have access to the CSL DD section of the website. 

We apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Michael JungMichael Jung Member
    edited June 2021

Why are you so intent on defending poor customer service? The frustration people are experiencing is completely valid especially since it wasn’t them demanding things that Fanatec didn’t promise. We are expressing our disappointment with Fanatec and their website dropping the ball with this preorder and not being able to deliver on their promise.

Also, there were a few other people in the Fanatec subreddit who received the same canned email response I quoted in my last post when they were inquiring about other issues aside from the preorder issues. Which means this was just an automated response or someone just copy/pasting the form letter to disappointed customers. Anyone who met the criteria and didn’t get to order and seeing that response would reasonably feel they are getting ignored. The response from Fanatec that you posted was much better.

Also, in the CSL DD Q&A video, Thomas even hinted at the possibility that their website might buckle with the influx of preorders…if they expected this, then why not prepare for it? This isn’t their first new product release, so they should know the deal by now.

I understand that Fanatec may not have the resources of a big company like Logitech or maybe even Thrustmaster, but it’s not like they’re some rinky dink operation running out of Thomas’s garage. They are essentially an international company with multiple distribution centers around the world.

The aforementioned rant was just a long winded way of saying that they should have been better prepared for this launch since they know better.

• I’m saying that they did respond and many obviously didn’t like what they said. If Thomas did indeed say that in the video then most like it was a CYA mention, for them. I also was trying to spread that post BECAUSE of the amount of unhappy customers.

• And as far as my customer service experience has ever been with them it has been very good. So, until I receive poor service myself, I will “defend” as you put. I was stating facts as best I could and when not I will definitely say “my opinion”. I will not justify the poor service that others have experienced just because I have had good experiences.

• I’m glad your experience with them as been good so far, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people airing their grievances of their bad experience on a forum. That’s what this is here for.

Also, it’s not like people are here with torches and pitchforks demanding unreasonable things. People are here complaining about not receiving the thing they were promised, which isn’t even a free product, but the opportunity to pay money and give more profit to the company that just let them down.

I will echo the very valid point of what another poster on this forum has said: it was a huge mistake for Fanatec to let 48 hours go by without any sort of communication addressing the website issues and frustrated customers. A lot of this complaining would have been mitigated had they just addressed the issue head on.

• You are completely correct, as was the post you referred to. Being that Friday precedes the weekend, which aren’t official business days, it was not the best idea to release it then. I’m from a position that 48 hours is not long, others not so much, but that is also meaning 48 hours worth of business days. But once again, all your points are valid. I did try to help in the beginning, then when it was obvious that things were not working correctly, I suggested many times for people to just stay calm and give it a day or so. Many chose to air their grievances. Absolutely their right.

• Given I have the requirements for wave 1 and was actually able to order it on the launch day, I never received the wave 1 email. I did however get a wave 2 email today.

The 3 month wait is more of a bother though...Still better than a Nvidia GPU launch day dispite how clumsy this was!

• Same happened to me so, I qualify for wave one but didn't get that email, however I got wave 2 email today.

And since I do not know when this is going to start I have been refreshing all day at any moment I can, at some point I was able to see the device, added the accessories (both) and tried to add to cart however this part never worked, went to my PC to try there but couldn't find it. ☹️ ... So, still trying...

• ok, this morning I got my email of wave 2 preorder, so I tried and….. flawless experience, I completed my order with no problems 😁

thank you!

• Order done without any issue....