Fanatec, will you do anything for the "Wave 1" customers you let down?

Comments

• I just checked and CSL DD pre-orders are still available.

If it doesn't let you add it to the cart you might be Wave 2.

https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/csl-dd

• Just tried the link and still got:

I know I met the criteria for the first wave.

It doesn't seem like anything is going to be done on Fanatec's end until the start of the work week.

• Just tried it and I get the same page as I showed above.

I've actually tried that link yesterday a few times when some people on Reddit were saying that it worked for them.

I honestly think that my account was just left out of the first wave. Unless there is something broken on the website's back end, I don't see any other reason.

I appreciate your effort to help out. Thank you!

• I am just another one that expected better opportunity as a wave1 user. I received NO email and when I access the site it was gone. I have to say, as family member of two toddlers I can just no check it every 30 minutes. Does this means that I should just wait a couple of years to get mine?. I’ll not be buying overpriced on ebay.

I want one, can I just do my order with this message? , I need the csl dd1 base with the power kit and a table clamp. Please call me, I’ll give you my credit card number and shipping address. (I know I am just dreaming) .

Just needed to take out my frustration :(

• I think the most frustrating part was that I could on multiple occasions actually see the product, it would let me choose it, then I couldn't add it to cart and then it would be gone from the site for hours at a time. I just randomly saw it on the website again for the first time in 24 hours, but of course, still couldn't but it.

The fact I can see it, even randomly would suggest the site knows I am wave 1... so seriously, wtf?

• I wonder how they could have the heart to proceed with wave 2 (and 3) with so many wave 1 customers left out in the cold...

Former customers should get priority and whatever's left, can be picked up by whatever next wave.

But on the other hand, the majority of former customers have already bought their way into the eco system so F is not making new money on other peripherals. I only needed the base. No need for hub, wheel, pedals or shifter.

So yeah, in the end it's still strictly business.

But good luck nevertheless!

• “So yeah, in the end it's still strictly business.”

Summed up in one sentence. This is fact.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi everyone,

We are investigating an issue that prevented some customers who were eligible for the Wave 1 pre-order from being on the master list.

We're also working through some technical issues that is still preventing some customers from completing a CSL DD pre-order.

'Wave 1' is still open, so for those who have access to the CSL DD on the site, it should be possible for you to place a pre-order once these issues are resolved, so I suggest that you keep checking the site every few hours.

We hope to transition to 'Wave 2' within the next week, so those who missed 'Wave 1' should soon have access to the CSL DD section of the website.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• 👌🏾

• And a 💐 for Fanatec 😉

• I mean honestly, the release dropped on Friday. People did not even give it 48 hours before jumping to all sorts or conclusions. I know what was experienced when going to the site and not seeing or being able to select the DD, or not even being able to get on the site at all for a while. But…..such quick fire negativity and assumptions does absolutely no good.

• On the other hand the release occurred 48 hours ago with no emails, or late emails, major issues and no communication until now. Why should that be acceptable?

• Didn’t say acceptable, said many jumped to very quick conclusions and accusations. Plain and simple.

• I saw the CSL DD available on the EU website several times during the last 2 days but I was never able to add it to my cart. Each time I tried to click many times but it never worked, it was processing normally but the cart was always empty (no error message though). Then at some point I was getting again the "Unfortunately, this product is no longer available" page...

I don't understand :-(

• I’m not sure what conclusions and accusations were made that you don’t think were warranted.

The above post (which is appreciated) shows they did indeed make mistakes with who was in the wave and should have been able to buy. The radio silence for that period of time is also pretty poor form. But I’m asking honestly, what accusations were made that were out of line? I may have missed them.

• Karl MuellerKarl Mueller Member
    edited June 2021

I'm in the same boat, I never got an email. Eventually I could see it on the website but when I clicked on it to order it, I got the "no longer available" page. I do hope things are fixed and I can order one eventually, just really frustrating.

• Once again never said not warranted. As a matter of fact if you look at some of my other post I even said that peoples frustrations were justified. If you look throughout the forum you’ll see quite a bit of different accusations here and there. I saw everything from, they don’t have the inventory, to they are purposely removing people from the list, to also that they flat out don’t care. Now, I never said you did any of these, but if you look on the forum you will find this.

• Thanks for the reply, I honestly did not see those sorts of things said. Appreciate the clarification.

• I just hope that it all gets sorted out so everyone can get some good gear at what seems like a good price. Advancements in the industry are good for all.

• some people will never change... it has always been the same. Honestly though, one thing Fanatec really needs to improve NOW are the servers, it can't be that the website always goes down when something goes live for pre order.

• Hi Dominic. I genuinely appreciate this response as the silence from Fanatec thus far, and the failure from support to acknowledge the issue left a very bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure I wasn't alone in that, so thanks.

Is there anything 'wave 1' customers can do if they cannot see the CSL DD on the website? I saw it only once and bookmarked it, but the page just says 'no longer available'. It's just not clear whether I should be able to see the CSL DD in the first place, and therefore should I keep trying the site or just wait for wave 2. Would be great to get some clarity on that.

• This all thing was strange, and I feel so sad about it...

I completed all the requirements for wave one and still wasn't able to order a wheel, but there was so much strange stuff going on that I'm not sure what was happening.

1) I am an existing customer;

2) I was subscribed to the newsletter for the CSL DD

Now, the normal newsletter from Fanatec, I have been receiving the newsletter on every major occasion, so I knew I had it, even received the one regarding the F1 wheel some days ago, but for some reason (only saw this after the pre-order started) there was no check for the newsletter on my account.

I'm completely confused why it was unchecked but I was still receiving newsletters.

I was able to sometimes get into the product page, but somehow the pop-up was bugged, and couldn't order anything.

After 5 years with a CSL Elite, I really wanted to get something new for myself but seems it will be hard.

Im hoping that the 2nd wave will be better handled and hopefully people won't have to wait that much longer than those on 1st wave.

• edited June 2021

The first wave looks to be still open if you meet the criteria. I ordered on the first day, but if I log in on the Fanatec website, it's still visible. It won't let me add one to my cart though. You have to log in BEFORE yo click the link or search. I also tested the link from the email and it works for me. I did receive an email, but it was after I had placed my order.

• As soon as I saw the announcement in the video on youtube that explains the waves thingy, I subscribed to both newsletters, bought a wheel and waited for sign from Fanatec that I could buy the CSL DD.

Today, I still never received any update, and even when I am logged in the EU site , I cannot see the CSL DD module on the website. I can see the CSL elite pedals.

Also, anybody knows by when it should be delivered ? I couldn't find a date anywhere... I hope this will ship before September.

• I manage to get to page with CSL DD, but still can't order.

• sidney geurtssidney geurts Member
    edited June 2021

I can not even see the bundle or the wheel it self on the website

• D. FreemanD. Freeman Member
    edited June 2021

Same here.

I get this pop up then my cart is empty.

It's doing the same thing for the last 3 days...

• And just now I received and email asking me to be sure that I take time to create an account to be ready to purchase for incoming Wave 2.

I already did 2 orders, subsrcribed to newsletters, and will receive my wheel tomorrow, and still they keep me in wave 2.

They must be having quite a hard time, which I can totally understand.

Good new is that if everything goes well I will be part of Wave 2. Keeping fingers crossed... and still hoping it will deliver before September.

• Having the same issue since pre-launch while I meet the requirements. Just received the same email as you do.