Fanatec, will you do anything for the "Wave 1" customers you let down?

13»

Comments

• Same status as D. Freeman now. Still stuck, but at least there is some progression :-)

• well you can add it to your cart, but still can't go through checkout

how?

for EU region: you may need to already have something in your cart for this to work, then just go to "edit cart"

where it says "enter item number" you can put for example CSL_DD_EU for the wheelbase, and click the green arrow ... it most likely won't show up, so just log out and log back in, and it will be there

repeat for the boost kit (if you need it), with item number BK180_EU

It just shows availability date: unknown, and also no option to select the extra warranty

when you want to go to checkout from this page, it just stays on this page

• Thanks Kevin, just tried to do so, but hasn't work.

• Uh Oh... now I cannot even see the CSL DD page anymore...

• Dominic -

Pretty sure you can understand our frustrations as wave 1 eligible purchasers.

As of this morning, I still do not see the CSL DD available for purchase in my account, this after trying two different browsers and multiple locations as to log in from. I do not get confirmation emails from newstandardd.fanatec.com. I did receive the first email to buy but got the same "unfortunately" message as everyone else who couldn't purchase.

I'm hoping there's a quick resolution to this as the clock is ticking before wave 2 starts...

• Was able to order it now that the second wave is up.

• I finally managed to place my order as well. I tried countless times, but today it worked. 20 minutes later I received the email warning confirming me I was in Wave 2 and inviting me to place my order.

Many of us are very upset with this shopping experience, but it was still way more enjoyable than having to deal with scalpers on e-bay.

Kudos for that !!!

• Slightly different but I got the first wave invite/email and when I clicked through I got the message saying the product was no longer available. I assumed it had sold out in minutes.

I was then quite surprised to get the second wave email. This time I clicked through within seconds (I was sat at my PC and got the mail notification). I received the same message that the product was no longer available.

Thus two invites, neither valid for more than a couple of minutes :(

• Don't know if it can be useful to Fanatec, but I received an email telling me 3rd wave was on.

I managed to pre-order one yesterday during wave 2, so I probably shouldn't have received this email.

Also when login in today, I had a CSL DD + 180 watts power supply in my shopping cart, due to so many unfruitful attempts at buying it yesterday... Possible that there are many, many, many other bundles kept unbought this way in the shopping carts.

Also, I wonder why the website behaves this way, with products disappearing so quickly after being announced, as we are in a pre-order quantities available should only be virtual, and shouldn't prevent us from buying. I also see that avaibility dates moved from end of september till end of november in just 24 hours! I wonder how many units will be sold in then end, but this looks massive.

• with availability dates so far in the future, I wouldn't count on it that your items will be shipped on that exact day.

Could be sooner, could be later or even much later.

I've experienced it with the pre-order chaos for the HP Reverb G2, wouldn't do it again, yet here I am waiting (hopefully only 3 months)

• edited June 2021

Never got an email full stop. Subscribed to newsletters and have an order history. Managed to get the order in now I'm waiting until November. Poor show really.

• Sorry to hear that. I hope you got one during the second or third wave