FanaLab for F1 2021

2»

Comments

• No, that's wrong.

It is compatible, but is using 2020 Telemetry. Which works just fine

• Thank you for replying.

Would you be kind enough to list me the steps to take to make it work properly? Because I tried but it doesn't work for me.

I thank you in advance

• edited November 2021

Open FanaLab, go to Game Profile Page, Click the two green buttons (Enable Telemetry and set the UDP port you wanna use, Enable FanaLab Support).

Done.

• I performed your steps exactly but I can't understand why it doesn't work for me. I get the exclamation point that says the telemetry is not initialized. Is it necessary to have simhub to make it work? I only have Fanalab installed.

Thanks again

• Telemetry is always uninitialized when you are are not actively in the game and the game is also in the foreground, thats normal.

If its not working try different UDP port, 20777 makes problems for some, try 20888 or so.

Simhub and FanaLab do not work together in F1 2021 at the moment because FanaLab uses the 2020 telemetry format and Simhub the new 2021 format.

• I have these settings in fanalab and in the game. Everything is correct? The udp port must be the same in the game and on fanalab right?

I have tried to modify both the leds and the ITM function to reproduce them on my base but it doesn't work in any way. I don't know what to feel anymore.

• edited November 2021

You must have manually adjusted this settings, right?

Because no, those settings are wrong.

Fanalab is doing everything for you when you click the two green buttons. Then the Modalita transmissione UDP would not be set to Si but to No because exactly that setting is the reason you have problems, it HAS TO be disabled!

And also Fanatec LEDs need to be disabled and Frequenza should be 60hz. So your settings are completely screwed and wrong and not what Fanalab automatically adjust.

So do not adjust anything there after you pressed the two green buttons in Fanalab!

• I managed to solve. It didn't automatically set me the values you told me. Following your precautions everything worked perfectly. Thank you very much for helping! :)

• edited December 2021

I am using the latest version of Fanalab (1.61.3) with the latest version of Simhub (7.4.16) and have been able to get both working with game telemetry, with a few remaining issues.

Initially, I have set the UDP port in F1 2021 to 20777 and set Simhub to listen to that port. UDP ports can only have one listener, so I have Simhub set to forward the packets to port 20778. Within the telemetry settings for Fanalab, I have set it to listen to 20778 within the game profile information for F1 2021. With these settings, I get control of my buttkicker through Simhub and get telemetry on my DD1 base through Fanalab.

One bug, however, is that while I can get Fanalab's LED support to work fine when I disable Fanatec LED within F1 2021 telemetry settings, the rev lights are way off. It seems that Fanalab's profile for the rev limiter is way off in either RPM or % mode. I could manipulate it manually to try and get it to match in-game wheel lights, but I have instead disabled the LED support through Fanalab and enabled Fanatec LED within F1 2021 telemetry settings, which seems to be working fine.

So, big picture, it looks like this; F1 2021 UDP 20777 (output) --> Simhub F1 2021 Game Profile UDP 20777 (input) / 20778 (output) --> Fanalab UDP 20778 (input). Note the particular ports are somewhat arbitrary, these are just what I used. For settings right now I have;

Fanalab -> Disable LED/Hardware Support within F1 2021 Game Profile

Fanalab -> ITM enabled and favorite page selected within F1 2021 Game Profile (I am aware that using this can cause knocking)

F1 2021 -> Enable Fanatec LED within Telemetry Settings

F1 2021 -> Telemetry format is 2021 and send rate is 60hz

Simhub -> UDP Listener Port: 20777, UDP Forwarding Port: 20778 (within F1 2021 Game Profile Settings).

Let me know if anyone finds any further tweaks / suggestions.

• What I did is similar to your deal. What I did is, turn off auto-game detect on SimHub. I set things for F1 2020 (though I'm playing 2021) I did the same things you did with the UDP forwarding. I then setup Fanalab as recommended. And within the F1 2021 game, I set the UDP to 2020. The LEDs work great. - though I do think its silly that Fanalab still requires UDP data from game as F1 2020... if SimHub can keep up, why can't Fanalab (@maurice boschen)

• Fanalab does not require UDP data from game F1 2020.

• edited June 2022

I'm late to the party but wanted to pass this information on for anyone who needs it. I was able to get Simhub, fanalab, and the LEDS synced up for 2021 and here's what I did...

In SIMHUB: Leave game Telementry 20777. Click "Codemasters 2021 then game config in the upper right hand corner. Add forward target and input 20888 and hit Configure game button then close. (You may have to come back and make sure it's still configured after closing FanaLabs later after closing the game.)

Click on UDP Relay and add a relay of source 20777 Target 127.0.0.1 Target UDP Port 20888 and close.

FanaLabs: Click Enable Telementry and input 20888 and click ok.

FanaLabs LED settings: Click the button to RPM-Mode % and set the sliders to these numbers starting from left to right:

Slider 1: 76.00

Slider11: 200.00

In Codemasters F1 2022: Set Fanatec LED: Off

UDP Telementry to: On

Broadcast Mode: Off

UDP IP Address: 127.0.0.1

Set the UDP to : 20888

UDP Send Rate: 60hz

UDP Format" 2021

Your Telementry: Restricted

Hope this helps.

• P.S.

Make sure FanaLabs is running in the background as in the start tray on the bottom right.