Fanatec Driver 410 for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Schick mir bitte die Dateien aus folgendem Ordner gepackt in eine .zip:

C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

Leider weiß ich nicht was "Alles erdenkliche beinhaltet", kannst du es dauer genauer aufführen?

• Repair Funktion von der Treiber Installation?
    • Treiber de-installieren und neu installieren?
    • Anderer USB Port?
    • Anderer PC?
    • Anti-Viren Software deaktiviert falls vorhanden?

Can you answer the questions mentioned on your screenshot?

Please put the log files of the following folder into a .zip and send them to me: C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

Thank you, we've noticed the weak FFB as well and allowing to set FF to up to 200% is planned because of that. In parallel I've got into contact with the ACC console dev team so they can hopefully also fix it on their end so the tuning menu workaround is not needed anymore.

Regarding the hub display issue we'll take a look and also work on it.

Thanks good to know that it happens for some also with the GT2 wheel. So far we were not able to reproduce the problem with multiple wheels and bases but we will continue to have a look.

1. connect CSP V3 via USB (unplug RJ12 to prevent damage to circuit board)
    2. open USB Gamecontroller overview of windows
    3. select CSP V3
    4. Update FW (old UI)

Is there a reason you don't plug the CSP V3 into the base? Then it would be in the new UI already. For now CSP V3 only doesn't work in the new UI if plugged in separately with USB in parallel to the base which has no benefit, only downsides.

we are aware of that using less than 1080p or using 125% scaling or more can lead to that issue and are working on a solution

If you are talking about using GT Sport and the new UI not fitting you are using a DD1 PS4 and the CSP V3 are directly connected to the base?

Can you try if the min/max calibration works normally in the old UI. Can be accessed by opening the USB Gamecontroller overview of windows.

• Lol - earlier today you were saying that ITM development was already almost complete. I've been saying you can't save a screen to a profile - you've been saying you already can and nothing else was promised or planned. Now you claim it is coming in next major release. It was a feature mentioned at BME launch - two years ago!

BTW - ITM is the least of the issues - the chaotic development and lack of testing until the betas are dropped on ordinary users which are systematic is the real issue here - that was my earlier point. Enjoying the distraction of you arguing with yourself about what is happening or is not happening with ITM though. :-)

Thanks and I agree.

While I understand and I'm aware of peoples frustration and can understand that there are a lot of improvements which have to be made regarding driver/firmware, pleas concentrate this thread on actual issues, gathering helpful information and helping each other. Please move the raw complaining to a different part where it fits better.

I think he means changing the screens from FanaLab instead of the button combination.

There was a big in the firmware which prevented it from being possible, now its fixed but FanaLab needs to re-implement it. It will be done in one of the next updates, but priority is on fixing other issues first.

Can you record a video?

I had a quick look on two DDs with 686 and multiple wheels including the Formula and with all I could unlock torque by turning to 90°.

• Agreed - and as one of the guilty parties I apologise.

Perhaps you could arrange for an area of this forum to be set up, not for raw complaining as you put it, but where Fanatec could update us on progress towards these improvements and fixes that have been worked on for months and in some cases years. That would do a lot to quell those of us who do get frustrated with the lack of visible progress towards the improvements which you acknowledge are required.

Please provide me the log files in a .zip from this folder: C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

Is this message only happening when opening the new UI or also the old one? You can access the old UI through the USB Gamecontroller overview of Windows.

• Hi Marcel. it's just a flash that doesn't last a second. but all the revolution LEDs at the same time blind you. it is difficult to make a video. but I will try

Thank you for the log files, have you tried more than once? I see reports of people were an update failed once or twice but then worked for another try.

To people with this error message:

We've got reports that it worked after another try so maybe happens only sometimes. One also reported that removing the steering wheel before the update helped so maybe worth a try as well. Let me know if you had issues before and it worked later and if removing the wheel helped. Thanks.

The driver 410 is mandatory for the use of the device on PC, updating the firmware is not mandatory but will provide some improvements listed in the changelog. The CSL DD works on Xbox with a compatible wheel out of the box without the need of the driver.

• Hi Marcel, thank you for getting back to me (I see you are very busy and appreciate the support).

Yes, I have tried the update many times already - every time it is exactly the same. I will keep trying though but would appreciate any further info or support you are able to provide.

Regarding the jolts which come from using the extra screens on the P DD display we are re-writing a significant part of the firmware, the progress of the re-write is quite far but not all features are yet there. When all features are there we need to verify that everything is working as it should be without new issues and if the jolts are gone or further improvements have to be made.

Thats all I can update right now, the problem with continues and frequent updates is that with such undertakings there are sometimes big steps back before some progress is made and sometimes things look good until they don't end everything was a waste and needs to be tackled again. With those big undertakings only the solution at the end really helps and any update in between isn't worth much because nothing can be guaranteed. As an example: Screenshots and promises or a Discord channel to be closer to the community didn't help to calm the crowd about GTR-3, only releasing the game will which is why we are focusing on the actual work and only communicating real results.

If its difficult to record maybe you can write a step by step instruction on how to reproduce the issue and get the same flashing.

For example:

1. use game x
    2. use car y
    3. use these FanaLab settings (in case that is used)
    4. do this with the car and the flash will happen
  • Make 73Make 73 Member
    edited August 2021

That´s true but manual calibration for handbrake works with V3 pedals if connected straight to PC.

It would be great feature and important with hall sensor mod but I think that also with potentiometer it is useful.

And same for Fanatec USB Adapter Handbrake firmware, maby could add manual calibration also for that or at least for that.

edit: Great news, thanks Marcel 😊

I totally agree and we'll look into it. If there is no technical limitation which might be the reason why it was not done before we'll probably implement it.

• Garry, ususally I tend to agree with you, but this time you're wrong.

ITM on the base and ITM on the PBME are two different stories, you're mixing in your post. Saving a base ITM screen to a profile is possible since a while, at least for Maurice and me afaik, nothing else was communicated within this thread.

And although I'm not happy with the SW development as well, stretching this again and again here in the forum won't lead to anything fruitful, i guess....

• I remember, however, that we also paid "really" and after 2 years we still have the problem! Beyond words, we need facts, time has been ... 2 years

• Dificil decir los pasos a seguir. dadodado que ayer estuve dos horas y no hubo destello.sin embargo esta mañanamañana a los 10min lo hubo si puedo decir que antes los tenia en ps4 y nunca en PC hasta 410. No se si estoesto puede ayudar

• Frank KurioFrank Kurio Member
    edited August 2021

No. The new UI starts, shows the message and change to USB Gamecontroller settings automaticly.

• edited August 2021

But why isn't info regarding the jolts shared on a broader level, the last 2 years basically the only message was "we are working on it". Now i'm working as a developer myself and "we are working on it" can be interpreted in many ways and most of the time it means "it's somewhere on the backlog" 😉

About the current development, not sure why these choices are made but why release a new UI that isn't even ready yet and where people that have older hardware mixed with newer are getting confused because things are not showing up on the new UI. Sure, now the obvious people are going to shout "have you ever realized that UI development is another team then firmware development". Even if that's the fact it's still not an excuse to deliver stuff that's half done. I always learned that Germans don't build the most sexy stuff but at least it's solid... well at the moment Fanatec isn't building sexy stuff when it comes to software (hardware is something completely different) and it certainly isn't solid when you take a look at the threads when new drivers / firmware is released. Maybe it's time for some fresh blood on the beta testing pool because at this moment every release is followed by a few hotfixes to solve issues that should have been found while doing regression testing.

Maybe it's time to take a step back and have focus on building something solid instead of building something new that nobody asked for (like a new UI) EVEN if those are different teams. I honestly hope Fanatec could finally make that preconception (at least we have it here in the Netherlands 😂 ) about Germans true and steps up the game on software level, that they build solid stuff that isn't sexy, probably has a brown color but at least it always works 😉

Long story short, it would be nice if we (myself included) don't have to bring up the open issues on the Podium bases every release, we don't have to wait another 2 years to get things fixed and more info about the progress that has been made is shared with the people who paid a lot of money for a piece of hardware.

• edited August 2021

I had the problem with my newer laptop (5 month young, Win10) witch has only one USB-Port. Tried several times, incl. re-installing the driver 410, didn’t work.

I then used my 10 year old Laptop (Win10), and it worked on the first try.

This discussion has been closed.