CSL DD Clic at turning

Hello, CSL DD is my first Fanatec Wheel Base (with the Mclaren steering wheel) and I have a question. Is it normal to feel a clic when changing direction at turning, like there is a step in the direction that breaks the softness of turning. I understand that it may be the normal behavior of the base but i want to be sure. It only happens while playing, not when is off, when the turning is completly soft.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi David, I am experiencing exactly the same thing. This problem should not occur as we are using the CSL DD, the McLaren steering wheel and the QR Lite exactly according to the instructions.

I find it quite disturbing because I don't want to damage the hardware. On the other hand, I don't feel responsible if the hardware gets damaged, since I use the hardware according to the instructions.

In the other thread from a while ago, Fanatec provides no explanation nor a solution.

I am a new user here on the forum; does Fanatec support respond do these type of questions and issues on this forum, or do you have to contact support? I haven't heard great things about the response time or service of the support.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi guys,

What you're describing sounds normal, it's a result of manufacturing tolerances in the quick release system. If you feel like there is an issue with the product, please contact Fanatec Support. You can contact them by creating a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CEST). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thank you for your response. So just to confirm: we do not have to worry that it might cause damage to the hardware? Thank you.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

No you should not worry. But if you have any concerns about the operation of your equipment, don't hesitate to contact us.

• It happened also to me, I already opened a support ticket.

When I read all this issues, I bought the old QR, as I thought it would solve all my problems. It didn't.

Problem is after the "click" my FFB loses some force and granularity, wheel doesn't feel the same. It's strange as it happened twice, first time I recovered installing new drivers (429), second time (this morning) happened with new drivers and new QR. Internal "click" and minimal FFB jump, and FFB loses strength and some granularity....

I'll install again the drivers, but seems problem appears after some hours of playing...

I'm with the boost kit.