Fanatec Driver 434 (Release Candidate) (previously 432beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Only differences between driver 429 and 434 are UI related, nothing in the underlying code how the driver communicates with a game was changed, just UI stuff and it's just impossible to change FFB when you only change something in the UI without even touching the underlying source code.

• I can also confirm that DD2 wheelbase firmware & motor firmware that came with driver 434 broke Dirt Rally 2.0 totally. It might work for a while but then it suddenly drops to a state where you have like 3bit resolution in ffb. It just gives you lazy big steps and lags a lot. Totally undriveable. I reversed back to driver & firmwares from package 415.

• As of today this version triggers a heuristic warning on my antivirus software F-Secure SAFE. F-secure puts files in quarantine and the Fanatec control panel becomes inaccessible. I have reported this to F-secure as a possible false positive.

• What Maurice is trying to say is that you should not be comparing driver 429 and 434, you should be comparing the firmwares like 41 vs 42 for example.

• Do read a few pages up and you will see what others are reporting. I am all good. Still using 429, and firmwares associated with it.

Others are reporting that they have updated firmwares to 434 but using that with driver 429 instead of 434. And it felt better! When we know it should not, as it is the same firmware in both instances.

• Ok so issue is reproducible and annoying. Playing AMS 2 my podium module freezes and stops working after random time (usually within 30 minutes). Only solution is to reboot wheel base. I tried to reflash firmware with no luck.

Firmware details:

Base: 690

Motor: 42

Wheel (hub): 6

Button Module: 19

QR: 6

• I'm getting the same issue - again. I've had the same issues in the past too. BTW - removing the wheel and reinstalling gets it back working again without a reboot, for me at least.

• Quan NgoQuan Ngo Member
    edited January 2022

Can't disagree, the firmware for the motor (v42) & base (v690), from PC driver 434, feels better than v41/v689 (PC driver 429).

However, the main issue is LED & telemetry no longer works for Assetto Corsa in PC Mode & PC Compatibility Mode. Also does not work if the Firmwares are not downgraded along with the PC Driver, telemetry/LED only works on driver 429, FW base v689, FW motor v41, not driver 429, FW base V690, FW motor v42.

Thanks

• CSL DD (5nm) with McLaren GT3 v2 wheel: firmware upgraded to 434.

wheel base: 1.1.3.2

base motor: 1.0.2.2

wheel: 43

Feels better than 429. Using linear FFB scaling.

• CSW V2.5 + Formula 1 V2 + CSL EP LC

Driver V434: no issue

Thanks to the support team.

• Hi,

Third time posting, any help?

Running 434 with latest firmware on DD2

"After my previous issues, I'm now having my Podium hand shifter pedals crashing mid race consistently. Anyone else had this issue and any easy fix?

It obviously resolves with a hard reset of the wheel base, but that defeats the purpose of racing given I have to a full reset."

• edited January 2022

Hello,

yesterday i had a problem with my DD1 and Driver 434.

I have installed this driver 2 weeks ago and everything worked fine until yesterday.

When i started my DD1 the following Window opened:

"Wireless Quick Release Update Mode"

I was not able to update anything there.

--> DD1 did not worked on my PC anymore

--> DD1 was not working on my XBox either

After about 10-15 restarts the DD1 started in "normal mode" and i reinstalled the Base Firmware.

For now the DD1 is working.

Is this a Problem which is related to the latest driver or is this a hardware issue which appears randomly?

• Further to Ola's message above

As of today this version triggers a heuristic warning on my antivirus software F-Secure SAFE. F-secure puts files in quarantine and the Fanatec control panel becomes inaccessible. I have reported this to F-secure as a possible false positive.

I have been running driver 429 fine until yesterday when Avira flagged it, specifically the file "FwCsusbFirmwareSelector". Today I've tried updating to 434, scanning the downloaded file before installing, it shows as clean but as soon as it's installed Avira quarantines all the driver files.

Have tried contacting Aviva and forwarding them the driver file, but my email to them bounced back as exceeded their file size limit!

Grateful for any advice.

• isn't there a way to add exceptions to these programs? I would look into that as you know this is safe....

• John, hi

Thanks for your reply, I did look into that....... but was using the free version of Avira and couldn't find options for adding exceptions.

My solution for better (or worse!) has been to uninstall Avira and switch on Windows Defender. Which has allowed me to reinstall driver 429 without (so far) blocking anything.

• In my experience, it's easy to freeze if you're using an older CPU or if your game's graphics options are high.

Maybe due to missing input signal.

What is your CPU and graphics card?

First, try the setting that gives the lowest load.

• Hi, can someone be of help to me, the file that was posted to get the leds functioning again on the csl ps4 base, in which folder should it be placed? Tried asking the google, no joys.

PC D 434

WB 688

WB M 22

• edited January 2022

sorry, double quote, and couldn't get rid of one. LED's aren't working on my base anymore, I haven't changed any Fanalabs settings in months, been updating beta drivers throughout.

(edit) Base LED's are working on test mode, not in game (iRacing), enebled in Fanalabs, not showing in RPM or % mode

• edited January 2022

That's a known Fanalab issue to be fixed sometime soon.

No Base LEDs are working in the current Fanalab version when a Wheel without LEDs is attached. Nothing you can do to fix it, there is and was no magic file you could place somewhere...

• edited January 2022

when a base without LEDs is attached. The base has Led's, I just tested them.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll hold tight until the next update.

• Meant wheel, sry, edited.

No Base LEDs are working when a Wheel without LEDs is attached.

• alles goed! no worries, keep up the good work.👍️

• Anyone eveer experience this? 315sec repplay, im loosing connection a split second.?

https://we.tl/t-XfzCZRY4sB

iRacing

i tried "everything" now, and i just cant.... live with it any more, loosing steering mid race just makes me anxious and scared of corners.. not knowing if i have control

DD2 first wave

driver 434 all updated

windows all usb power management is clear

and the base sits on its own USB hub on motherboard

• Can anyone help me about this issue? No one have the same problem?

• Further to Ola's message above

As of today this version triggers a heuristic warning on my antivirus software F-Secure SAFE. F-secure puts files in quarantine and the Fanatec control panel becomes inaccessible. I have reported this to F-secure as a possible false positive.

I have been running driver 429 fine until yesterday when Avira flagged it, specifically the file "FwCsusbFirmwareSelector". Today I've tried updating to 434, scanning the downloaded file before installing, it shows as clean but as soon as it's installed Avira quarantines all the driver files.

Have tried contacting Aviva and forwarding them the driver file, but my email to them bounced back as exceeded their file size limit!

Grateful for any advice.

This is now resolved for me and other users with F-secure. F-secure came back to me with the result that the aforementioned file is clean and that it is a false positive. Maybe it is something Fanatec could add to the release notes that it can in some instances cause a false posistive when scanned by a virus scanner?

• There was a "bootloader service" file around here or something like that that solved the podium button problem. But the best thing is to get in touch with fanatec and explain your situation and the components that each one of you have. As if it weren't the same for everyone.

• Some feedback - the firmware for the motor of my CSL DD that came with 434 would not detect my CSS 1.5 shifter, but the GT DD Pro detected my shifter just fine.

I had to revert to the firmware included with 429 to get my CSL DD to detect my CSS 1.5

• edited January 2022

Formula carbon & csw v2

driver: 434, FW: 688

Endor FW Forcefeedback Driver
    Build: Jun  2 2021 16:34:23
    Call : 1/8/2022 19:57:1

SystemInfo PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (x64 - AMD or Intel)
    OSVersionInfo Version Number = 6.2
    OSVersionInfo Operating System = 
    OSVersionInfo CSD Version = 

** FW-FFB Error tracing for D:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\acs.exe **

[START TRACE]

CFAWForceFeedback::Escape Failed! DIERR_UNSUPPORTED

FFB is ok, but I got this FW-Error.log. What should I do?

and some errors `FwFanatecSetup.log`

This discussion has been closed.