CSL DD / McLaren v2 in-game controls lock-up - RECURRING ISSUE
This is an example of a recurring issue that I've been having with my CSL DD / McLaren v2 combination. I'm curious how many people have been experiencing similar issues and if anyone can offer some guidance or suggestions regarding how to fix it.
More info, copied from the video description:
My system specs:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 0 @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Radeon RX570, driver version 22.2.1
Dell 08HPGT motherboard
Fanatec Clubsport v1 pedals, connected to base via RJ-12
Fanatec Driver v439, all firmware up to date
What happens is the following: I'll be driving along normally, when suddenly and without warning, the wheel will stop responding. It appears to stay locked at whatever input it was receiving at the time. The throttle goes wide open, and stays stuck there even though I'm completely off the pedals. Obviously, this inevitably results in a huge crash and the end of my session. The only way to remedy this is to power off the wheel base and restart my PC.
This has happened across multiple games, including Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally 2.0. I'll be testing more games in the future to verify.
Things I've tried to fix the problem:
• ensure that Windows USB power settings are not inadvertently powering down ports
• switch the wheel base to different USB ports on my computer
• ensure no other input devices are connected via USB (aside from mouse and keyboard)
Nothing seems to have worked. This problem is random, and the amount of time between incidents can vary from several minutes to several days, making it incredibly frustrating to try and troubleshoot.
For the record, this is my second CSL DD base that I've experienced this issue with. My first one, I received in August of 2021 and it exhibited this exact same behavior. I tried all the things listed above, and never was able to figure out the root cause. After a few months, it somehow just cleared up seemingly on its own, and never came back. I had to return that base for a separate issue I was having at the time, and received in its place the base which I currently have right now. Ten minutes out of the box, and the new base also started exhibiting this same exact control freeze problem. I've used it probably a dozen hours or so since, and it's done it two additional times (shown here is the most recent occurrence).
Ideas and suggestions (other than throwing my Fanatec gear in the trash) are welcome.