[RMA in progress] DD Pro stopped working

Was playing Gran Turismo 7 when I got a message that the controller had disconnected and I ran into the wall. Power is on, but no buttons are active and no display on the LCD.

If I turn it off and back on again, the wheel turns right about 270* then back to center. The power light is blue, but I can't seem to change modes and no display and buttons all do nothing. I checked the alignment on the clamp on the input shaft and that looks square.

Comments

• Also it takes 3 days to respond to emails to support and can't be reached by phone or chat.

I was so excited about this setup but now it's been dead longer than it's been alive. I'm returning it, this is a joke.

• Hello, i have the same problem. it happened exactly the same way. except i have an error message on the lcd " CAUTION please update firmware". i tried, it worked for everything except for the wheel itself. the fanatec program keeps crashing on the computer. i have 2 wheels, the gt dd pro base and the formula v2.5x and i can't update any of them.

did you find a solution?

• edited March 2022

I'm having the same or at least similar problem with my CSL DD. Started last night. I'm playing AMS2, the wheel stops responding and I get a popup window:

Happens with two different wheel rims. This is on Windows 10 and the only thing that changed is that I think that Windows pushed a major update last night....which could be significant/cause of the problem.

I was connected to a USB hub so I ran it direct to the USB port on the PC....same thing happened again.

I've had this rig for about 3 months. It's been flawless up to this point.

• I'm on a PlayStation 4 and my wheel is square like it should be.

• edited March 2022

It's taken a week and a half and finally got my RMA but still no shipping label or instructions.

Do y'all have only like 3 people that work there? Wtf takes 3 days to respond to emails?

• My return was processed and I got a full refund including the shipping. Thanks.

• An update from tech support.

Our technicians could confirm that there is an issue and have stored the wheelbase for further analysis.

Yup, it's broke. Thanks guys.