Mclaren GT3 V2 wheel mid game unresponsive, CSL DD doesn't recognize wheel any more

Hi everybody,

I've got a bit of a problem that I have seen a couple of times on this forum as well. Suddenly mid game (F1 2021) my Mclaren wheel didn't respond any more. I quited the game and checked the Fanatec control panel what was wrong. It stated that no wheel was attached, but in fact it was. I disconnected my wheel and put it back on my CSL DD, but still no response. All of the latest drivers are installed and pins on the wheel are intact so that's not the problem. It looks like the same problem that some of the people on this forum already stated, that the shaft of the CSL DD is a bit out of base and must be put back inwards by unscrewing the C-clamp on the shaft and tighten it back up again. Is this something that would affect my warranty if I would do that? I tried to contact Fanatec support on this but didn't get a response (no live chat possibility either).

Can someone help me?

Comments

• When support come back to you, they will tell you to do the same.

• Hi David,

Thanks for the reply! So I can conclude that it doesn't affect my warranty? I couldn't find a troubleshooting in the manual or other related document regarding the CSL DD that stated this problem. So I was a bit concerned that adjusting the shaft and clamp would affect warranty. Did you receive some documentation from Fantec themselves on this?

• David is correct. I've experienced the same issue you've described, and Fanatec themselves instructed me to loosen the C-clamp, remove the base-side quick release, reinsert it firmly, then re-tighten the clamp, ensuring that there is no visible gap between the metal part of the shaft and the edge of the clamp that buts up against it.

Doing so will not affect your warranty.

• The diagrams in this thread are exactly what Fanatec Support will send you if you contact them with this issue.

• Thanks guys for the quick replies and help!! Hope it will solve my problem. Had some friends over for a quick quali before the F1 race last sunday and it was a bit of a let down when the wheel went unresponsive....

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited March 2022

Happy to help. Hopefully that's all it takes.

It's too bad this forum software doesn't allow for threads to be stickied, because those diagrams are a prime candidate. They really ought to be included in the troubleshooting section of the PDF user manual as well, as this really has become a fairly common issue.

*edit* One other thing to note: when retightening the C-clamp, Fanatec recommend applying 15Nm of force. (If you don't have a torque wrench to measure, 15Nm is VERY tight.)

• Patrick BelliPatrick Belli Member
    edited March 2022

Thanks for the additional info Gregg!

I've read that somewhere as well. Good to know that it is 15nm instead of 10nm.

I went up ahead and bought a torque wrench from Amazon yesterday with adjustable nm. So I'm now waiting for the delivery guy to bring me the tool to solve this case ;-)

• edited March 2022

My QR light is really tight and I need to push the wheel quite hard in the middle to get it to connect. Just another thing to do if not recognize.

• i have the same problem with the QR lite. i have too push even quite hard to get contact. With the metal QR from my other wheel i didn´t have that isue. so i tried the metal on the mclaren and it works. so the combination from QR lite and McLaren Wheel seems the reason. A friend have the same issue and he have a new csl dd and i have csw 2.5. its not much but 0,5 or 1 mm is enough to have that problem with losing contact on high force. they send me a other QE lite same problem. so maybe it going after a time easier.