DD PRO Smoked up and Failed.

I got my DD PRO yesterday, the base smoked up and stopped working after a few hours of use. Stunk my whole apartment of a burning electrical plastic smell. I submitted a ticket yesterday and I'm curious how long the RMA process would be.

Comments

• Dustin FosterDustin Foster Member
    edited April 2022

Welcome to the club.

There was another thread on here with 4 of us all had the same problem, after a 3 hours wheel goes up in smoke with a burning smell and dies. Seems we all got wheels from the same bad batch. As of now none of us have gotten a response from fanatec support. im on day 4 of waiting. Some others have given up and charged back from there credit card instead.

Edit: Here is the thread.

• Well good to see y'all again. I am currently on my day 7 waiting without any response from support team. I did receive a reply from customer service since I emailed them also. At this moment, I do not even know how long the RMA is going to take since somehow Fanatec just choose to ignore us (like we all lie about the situation and try to create a bad image of the 'amazing' GT DD pro). If there is gong to take another week just waiting for reply, I might start a BBB complaint case or even consider to dispute this purchase as well.

• I said this in another post but best solution is for fanatec to make the return and refund policy as easy as possible for customers. With one click like Amazon. 7 days and more is too long to wait for support and the market will not accept this condition in the long run so give customers another avenue of easy return and refund otherwise these forums and social media will blow up with negative sentiment about your products and the experience.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited April 2022

Amazon takes 14 days for you to get yr refund, the moment you click that button.

Exactly 14 days...

• It’s not only about the refund I guess. Some of these customers don’t want to be looking at an expensive paperweight while they wait with uncertainty about their support ticket being answered unsure about the money they just spent which isn’t a low amount by the way….I’m pretty sure fanatec will take care of these customers but many are first time customers and are trusting fanatec for the first time and their usual online experience is much different. For them it is more secure feeling to get a return label quickly send the stuff back and know that your refund will get processed. Fanatec can follow up with these customers afterwards if needed. If that first step of the journey is pleasant at least some customers will come back and order again with the money that was refunded.

• Exactly. I dont mind tieing my money up for pre orders and waiting as we all understand the world situation, but when after waiting for my pre-order I get a faulty product and then hear nothing at all its really really frustrating and disheartening. Currently on day 7 fellow smokey bois. Here is to hoping we all get responses soon.

• 1st time fanatec buyer here; and its not been a great experience. Would I buy again? I'd have to consider it. My G29 is holding up much better

• Same here, i have no other fanatec wheel base so now i have 2 wheels and a set of pedals with a load cell that i cant use. Going back to my g923 until fanatec addresses my problem.

• Just as a Heads up, the recent Days, till today, where Holidays in Germany. And im pretty certain alot of them took Days off. Its always like this around April. Crazy amounts of Days where its prohibited to work too.

• I opened a support ticket today and then made a phonecall when tech support opened (2pm) and have RMA initiated today. That's the best/easiest way i'd say to hurry it up.

• Hi i have the same problem. I ordered a fanatec csl dd, the order was delivered to me on monday, on wednesday the base died. As you wrote above, there was a stench for no reason, followed by white smoke and a lot of heat on the back of the wheelbase, then death. Fanatec is not responding ....

• The wait time for a response from support is between 2 and 3 weeks, I suggest you consider how much patience you have to get your problem resolved. 2- 3 weeks for response maybe another 2-3 weeks for the exchange till you get the replacement base in your hands. If you are still in the 14 day return window consider requesting return labels for a full refund. The refund will also take a while to process but it might be better than being in the cycle of customer support which is basically broken right now

• yea but i want to have csl dd, working, so anyway first option is better...

• edited June 2023

Reviving this old thread - received my CSL DD Thursday - Friday night, sudden burning smell and powered off while racing... Awaiting a response from Fanatec How is this even still an issue a year later when you can only buy direct?

• Yes, same problem again.

Unfortunately, the Granturismo DD Pro, which I bought after waiting for a long time, burned down before I could use it.

First I did the updates and connected it to Playstation 5. It turned off automatically after the first 5 minutes of use. After checking the connections, I turned it on again, this time it shut down within 5 minutes and smoke started to come out with the smell of burning plastic.

Technical support responded quickly with some questions to describe the situation, but 3 days have passed since I replied to the e-mail, but there is no response yet.

I'm really sorry because I've been waiting for a long time, I hope the product replacement is completed quickly.

I will update the status here.

• Hi, how did the process go? Can you share what is the situation?

• On October 11, I received a shipping e-mail to send the DD Pro to Fanatec. I sent the DD Pro the next day.

• DD Pro has been waiting in the UPS Koeln warehouse since 30.10.2023 due to the delivery process that needs to be completed by Fanatec. I sent an e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected] regarding the issue. I can't get any response. It's been 11 days today.