CSL DD loses force feedback and wheel inputs during a race

2»

Comments

• I have the same issue, randomly.

Some user on Reddit said quote: “ Take off the collar, pull out the driveshaft, reinsert it, tighten the collar and make sure the seams on the shaft and the collar are aligned. You can find a diagram from Fanatec how to do this. I also believe u want the collar as close to the wheelbase as possible without touching.

if u haven’t done this procedure it’s likely the usbc in the shaft coming lose, they haven’t tightened them well from factory “

im not sure if I should try this and I’m not able to find the diagram from fanatec, but still searching.

• edited April 2023

I've solved the problem and wanted to share what worked for me.

I already applied one of the solutions which has already been posted here (see image below), without success. I've been looking into all the different options but first tried something simple; why not put a second layer of tape on it? Even thought I didn't have any noticeable play between wheel and shaft anymore, this seem to be the issue / solution.

I've been racing now again flawless since serveral weeks. No issues anymore.

• It's not normal. You should open a ticket with support. The solution you have adopted is very significant in locating the problem.

The FFB is only activated from the wheelbase with the wheel engaged. This means that the wheelbase and steering wheel pins lose contact during game. It's not normal, we all have loose QR-lites, but nobody loses FFB during the game. If the problem is QR-lite, Fanatec will send you a new one without too many formalities.