FanaLab 1.69.7 Public Release (prev. 1.69.1) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• You can find the Information in the first post.

If you want to use this FanaLab Version, then you need to use driver 450.

That's all.

• Hi Maurice,

I updated my wheel base and Fanalab to the latest drivers. I did the car profiles download per your instructions on the first page. After I completed the downloads the Iracing car profiles did not automatically load, so I did the Iracing download to the Update file per your instructions. When I restarted Fanlab, the Iracing cars profiles still did not automatically download. Not certain what happened - I’m open to your thoughts. I did manually import the profiles that I will use and everything is good. I would appreciate your thoughts on where I went wrong doing my downloads. Also, one last question - I am using a DD1 and I know that your profiles are for a DD2, what are the adjustments to your profiles you would recommend for a DD1.

Thanks for your all your hard work in the community and the posting of all the car profiles is greatly appreciated 👍

• edited February 2023

Tbh, I have no idea what's not working when you carefully followed the steps in the readme and copy-pasted the Content of the correct files as it's not just importing the profiles but also copy-pasting the Content of the ProfileCarsList.xml file to the existing one to automatically bind my profiles to the respective in-game cars.

Otherwise, as Import worked well, you just have to bind the profiles to the cars by yourself as explained in the first post. It's very easy and only takes 2 minutes or so, might be quicker.

• You could ask the Devs to consider adding your profiles to the Fanalab package. A lot of work has gone into them, they are popular, they are only available, via the Fanatec forum and they have more value than the "recommended settings" also found on this website.

The Devs could simply describe these profiles as the new recommended settings. Nobody would be forced to use them - but they are there as a starting point for users to tweak to their preference. Would be minimal effort from the devs - and remove another burden from users.

• when I get the new fanalab software 1.69.4 do i have to make al my profiles and settings again? now I run 1.69.2 with no problems

• edited February 2023

profiles and settings remain after the update.

• Maurice,

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding my question - I am using a DD1 and I know that your profiles are for a DD2, what are the adjustments to your profiles you would recommend for a DD1?

• As explained in the readme files the FFB value would need to be multiplied x 1.25 to get the same FFB strength. Otherwise it should identical with no changes needed other than the FFB value.

• Hello. Just an FYI, but the highlighted values in the picture I've attached don't appear to be in the newest .ini file from iRacing.

• Dario HavelDario Havel Member
    edited March 2023

Hi Maurice, are all profiles supposed to be used with hi torq key inserted or without on DD1-dd2 bases,

Asking for f1 22 in specific

Thanks in advance

• My profiles are ALWAYS settings to be used WITH the Torque Key.

I would never do anything for Low Torque Mode ;)

• Quick Question, should I be able to see my Fanatec Shifter in the Fanalab device window? If yes, how do I make it show?

• edited March 2023

No.

FanaLab cant do anything with a Shifter so no need to show it.

• Simulation: "Assetto Corsa"

Car(s) or car type: "All cars in the original Assetto Corsa sim and extra DLC packs"

Settings included: "Tuning Menu", "Vibration", "LED", ...

Hardware used: "DD1", "Formula V2","CSP V3 Pedals" ...

• M FM F Member

I was told by support to most this outstanding issue here:

WRC Generations - Max RPM on LEDs

RevLEDs on wheel light up to max when at 7000 rpm when the cars go to 8500. I have set 8500 in the latest Fanalab and yet it still fully lights up [with no flashing either] only at 7000.

Looking at the telemetry output in Fanalab, the rpm value registers a maximum of 850. Setting by % is possible but would like by RPM

• edited March 2023

Can devs please ever consider to working on stability of Fanalab? Or alternatively - on autorecovery, if stability cannot be easily improved?

For already three years of me being Fanatec user, throughout many driver/firmware/fanalab versions, on Win 10 & 11, i already used to fanalab frequently dying. Usual scenario - after race (in ACC) i frequently alt-tab out, to eg. browser / discord / whatever, sometimes switch back (to watch replays or after teammate driving), sometimes back to external apps .. and after a while, probably due confusion from several front running game/app switches Fanalab dies, (as indication - if i glide mouse over it's icon in tray, it disappears). I kind of got used to such behaviour, and always prior next race or prior my stint double-check if Fanalab still runs, so to not have to drive with wrong FFB set, but it seems bad user experience. For now, i kind of "fixed" it, by having Fanalab launched (and auto-relaunched, if it dies) with ACCdrive, but certainly Fanatec users would benefit on "non (or less) crashing Fanalab"?

If stability of Fanalab in scenarios of frequent switching out of active front app isn't easily be implemented .. can you guys consider rewriting it in way of two-part app, with one part dedicated to sole function of launching and monitoring state of actual worker process (that will monitor what game is launched/read it's telemetry/select ffb profile and so on..), with auto-relaunching worker process, if it died again (or closing it, when "launcher" is told to stop/exit by user choice)?

I guess some either don't use fanalab, limiting to just settings in drivers in 1-5 profiles, or don't often switch out and back to still running game between stints/races, or like me used to double check fanalab's running state pre-race, so it might be not that urgent issue to fix .. but it certainly can and should be fixed by all these years/versions? Please?

I fixed it for myself for now with 3rd party app monitoring state & relaunching, and bringing Fanalab's dying issue here for last time. But for others it should be fixed at some point.

• Hi Marcel and Maurice,

Thank you for the great work for Fanalab updates as well as profiles respectively.

It has been two years since I owned the DD1 and the constant upgrades as well as ffb profiles really keeps me interested.

I managed to load all the FFB profiles (bind) properly and really enjoy them, especially on AMS2.

However, I am not sure what did I do but CDALP seems to have suddenly stop working.

It no longer loads for any of the games (AC, ACC, AMS2, iRacing). If I do not manually load a profile, Fanalab does not register an active profile.

It had worked fine until I updated the firmware to 3.0.1.4/Driver 450.

I am unsure if this is the reason. Otherwise, it all works well. Still very much thankful.

Cheers

• edited March 2023

• Hey Guys,

new profiles for the new cars released?

• Available here:

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/94080/#Comment_94080

But I can also upload them here again with the changelog since last release:

Changelog:

• Added new AMS2 profiles:
      • Formula Inter MG-15
      • VRC Chevrette (Mod car)
    • Added ABS / Wheel Lock FlagLEDs according to latest game update to the following AMS2 profiles:
      • BMW M4 GT4
      • BMW M6 GT3
      • Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06
      • Ginetta G55 GT3
      • McLaren 720S GT3
      • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 3.8 & 4.0
      • Porsche 911 GT3 R
    • Adjusted RPM LED values according to latest game update for the following AMS2 profiles:
      • Cadillac DPi-VR
      • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3
      • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 3.8 & 4.0
      • Porsche 911 GT3 R
      • Porsche 911 RSR GTE
    • Added new iRacing profiles:
      • Ray FF1600
      • Renault Clio
    • Added new F1 22 profile for the new Alfa Romeo F1 Team 2023 car
    • Removed Shift LED for the AMS2 Lotus 98T profile because in latest game patch the shift light is now an oil warning light
    • Corrected Shift LED color for the AMS2 Brabham BT62 profile
    • Improved the README files with better instructions how to install and use my profiles

Have fun :)

• Hi,

First off, thank you for all you do. Fanalab is a great addition. I have a question. If it's not relevant to this discussion please pardon me for putting it in the wrong place...

I reprogrammed the LED colors for the rpm lights, and I ran into an annoying problem. I dunno whether I'm doing something wrong, or if it's a bug. The lights work with the new colors except when I reach a certain rpm where they shift to the default colors for a few hundred revs and then revert back to my new colors. I can't figure out how to stop this from happening. Is there a fix that I'm unaware of?

Thanks

• Simple fix: press the two green buttons in the game profile Tab in Fanalab to Enable Telemetry and Enable Fanalab support to disable native LED support of the game which interferes with FanaLab.

• Thanks Maurice. I'm not on my game PC, but tomorrow I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the prompt reply.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

FanaLab 1.69.5 available with the following changes

• Fixed wrong RPM values with WRC Generations which lead to LEDs not getting triggered correctly.
    • Added new cars to the detection after game updates:
      • Automobilista 2: Formula Inter MG-15
      • iRacing: Late Model Stock, Ray FF1600, Renault Clio
      • F1 22: Alfa Romeo F1 Team 2023
    • Updated Italian Mouse Hover Hints

• New profile pack for FanaLab 1.69.5 with the following changelog compared to previous profile pack from Saturday:

Changelog:

• Changed RPM LED pattern of the iRacing BMW M4 GT3 profile to match the in game LEDs again after latest game update
    • Changed Pit Limiter LEDs of the iRacing BMW M4 GT3 profile from pink to green to match the in game LEDs again after latest game update
    • Added ABS FlagLEDs to the iRacing BMW M4 GT3 profile to match the newly added in game LEDs after latest game update

• hi maurice, your set up is incredible and i take a great improvment of feed and dirve quality

i use many time ferrari on i racing and your set up was on a formula wheel...i have it but on gt3 i use the porche podium whell

can you explain the way to change the wheel?

thanks

• Hey Maurice,

If I'm using your profies for iRacing on my DD1 and want to increase the force feedback, what settings would I need to increase (both in fanalab and iRacing) and could you provide an example if I wanted to, say, increase the ffb of the Dallara P217 by 20%?

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.