FanaLab 1.69.7 Public Release (prev. 1.69.1) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Hi Maurice,

I am absolutley not interested in F1 2023. I Just want the Profiles for the new iRacing Cars. So why do we have to wait?

Regards

Andre

• Because the profiles I have made (in my free time) are made on newer code which is completely incompatible with the old code.

• Hi Maurice

sure, i understand this and i am very happy with your profiles. But why can't the "not F1 2023 Users" already get the new Fanalab Version?

If I read it correct, there ist only a bug for them.

Thanks for your work!!!

Regards

André

• You misunderstand, the reason why it's not released yet is not because of bugs with F1 23, those are solved. It's the version itself which has issues and is just not ready for release yet.

• Hi, sorry but this is hard to understand for me, Maurice is spending his own time and effor to give us those fantastic profiles totally for free and some treat this as if they have some right to "demand" what he should provide.... man, this guy (Maurice) is giving this to us as a favor, he can do whatever he wants and consider, and I will always be grateful to him.

I guess this is human nature, some get something for free for a time and then he starts to consider it as a right.....

• Rob WoodbyrneRob Woodbyrne Member
    edited June 2023

I just want to stop by and say a big hearty 'Thank you!' to Maurice and anybody else that helps him on this project.

I have been using Fanalab since 2019, and it truly feels odd when I play the F1xx games without it. I use it for AC, ACC & iRacing as well, and absolutely love it.

Really looking forward to the new update. It is a great service you provide to the Fanatec community.

Thank you, sir!

• Hi,

thanks for your answer. I can't find something about problems with Fanalab, Just with F1. So, i misunderstood this.

Regards

André

• can you please release the version with f1 23 support? honestly this is fine there doesnt have to be any other updates or fixes until those are ready but atleast we can play f1 23 properly in the meantime

• Not at this time anymore, it's decided to wait until the new version with the new code is ready.

You can play F1 23 properly already with either the native LED support or by using the workaround to get it working with FanaLab 1.69.7 which I explained some posts ago.

• I assume we need to wait for new Fanalab version to get the auto load feature to work for the new iRacing car releases?

• Hi Maurice,

How close are we to getting per gear Rev LEDs for iRacing? Right now the Caddy GTP is a total mess.

Thanks

• Firstly I do very much appreciate your profiles - THANKS FOR PROVIDING THEM.

On the other hand I wonder as well why 15 Nm is used instead of 25Nm. I might have missed / overlooked the answer though.

Looking in the INI-File (at least for the iRacing Profiles) it states that the second number is the one to be used for the "wheel force". But it doesn't explain why 15 Nm is used instead the 25 Nm the DD2 wheelbase with high-torque mode should be capable.

Too my understanding the correlation is that the maximum "wheel force" will be applied if the game requests the torque provided with the value "max force", e.g. iRacing Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 - 45 I 15Nm would mean when the game requests 45 Nm the wheelbase will provide 15 Nm (shaft). At your hand depends on the diameter of the wheel.

So that would mean if 25 Nm would be set instead of 15 Nm the torque on motor-shaft would be higher. Correct?

And if so, what value do you recommend to change if a profile feels to heavy / light?

• edited July 2023

Because 25Nm is too much for me and I like to Max out the motor to 15Nm. Therefore I use a FFB strength of 60% in my profiles which equals 15Nm and so that value needs to be entered in game as the motor now is not outputting 25Nm anymore but "just" 15Nm. That's more than enough strength for me.

• Hey yesterday i tried this new fanalab with profile cars for ACC and i have csl dd 8 nm... but the ffb is horrible compare to few months ago dont know what is wrong can someone help me ? it has a deadzone on every car that never occured to me .. fanalab always worked perfectly for me

Thank you

• This is everything but definitely no FanaLab issue.

A FanaLab update can not change the FFB behaviour in a game when using the exact same settings.

• Thanks for the fast response, so it might be a driver issue ?.. cuz something isnt right cuz your fanalab and profiles for ACC always worked perfectly but now something is off so much deadzone its almost undrivable... need to figure this out

Thanks

• My profiles are not made for CSL DD.

Only Podium DD.

So best is to not use my profiles with your base but adjust the FFB settings properly to suit your base (which definitely will mean set FFB strength to 100 instead of 50-60 which I use). This most likely will fix your issue already.

If not then it might be a hardware issue but definitely no FanaLab issue and also no driver issue.

• So you suggest i pust ffb to 100% ingame and just load your profile for each car ?

• Because in the past i had 70% ingame ffb and i just loaded your profiles for different cars in ACC and it worked perfectly ffb was crisp and it was different for each car it was insanely good to drive but now i dont know what happened

• My profiles are saved with a FFB strength in the Tuning Menu of 50-60% in ACC, depending on the car.

For CSL DD you should use FFB strength of 100 in the Tuning Menu for any good proper FFB strength.

I have no idea which in game value is applicable for a CSL DD, but most likely it would also be 100, yes.

As said, you should not use my profiles with a low powered CSL DD, the settings are not tested for it and most likely will feel bad.

• Ok thanks for your answers

• If I were to have Fanalab open, and then double click a game that I created a favorite profile for, would Fanalab automatically use that profile?

• If you have set it as the games default profile, sure.

• Thanks. Also is it possible to create a profile that is not dependent on a specific steering wheel? I have both a Mclaren and a WRC steering wheel, and I switch them depending on the car I am driving.

I also wonder if it's possible to get the RevLED's to match the sim without me messing with the RPMs or percentages?

• No, you can not save a profile that is not dependent on a specific steering wheel.

However, just disable the optional device mismatch Info in the settings and you wont get a message shown that the profile was saved with a different wheel, it then just loads fine.

And no, there is no way to get the LEDs syncing without manually adjusting the RPM (or percentage) values.

• edited July 2023

Hi,

For iRacing

The configuration for the new Porsche 992 GT3R is available?? Thank you

• I've never used Fanalab before, and I've dug through a lot of the forum for Fanalabs, but there's so much...

I just have a couple questions:

1. Is there away to map something like and engine light from on to off? Red to Green? or something like that on the BMW m4 GT3 wheel?
    2. Are the options of what you can do based on each game? Is on off even an option? This is my first go at mapping the LED's and im in AMS2 and mostly it seems i can map Flags and such.
    3. Is there any good tutorials for Fanalabs? I found a few short videos on the Fanalab Forum, and youtube, but there's not a ton new on it and more notable, LED button lights.
    4. Is there any way to add a Blink/Flash to the REV lights on the M4 wheel?
    5. If you can't do any of the above CAN YOU PLEASE ADD IT?!!! ;)

• Maurice is the guy who made/updates Fanalab, and he, fortunately, shares it with all of us. He is about to release a new version that includes a lot of updates and support for recently launched games. Keep your eyes on this forum, it could be dropping any day. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.