DD1 can't update motor firmware past 0
I've opened a support ticket with Fanatec, but figured I'd post here too to see if anyone has suggestions / found a fix.
I received my DD1 this week and got it working on the v352/356 drivers but after a day the connected wheel stopped working. I tried the usual uninstall and reinstall drivers and now find the wheelbase is basically bricked.
I can flash firmware to the wheelbase, but when I try to update the motor firmware the application closes and nothing happens. I have also tried running the Motor FW updater .exe manually, but it cannot connect to the device.
The fan runs at full speed - which I believe is expected until the motor FW gets updated - and connected wheels are unresponsive.
In other discussions it looks like the OP had to RMA their unit. I'm waiting to hear back from Fanatec to see if that's the case, but I'm assuming it's hardware related at this point.
However, I'm posting in hopes someone has another suggestion I can try while I wait!
Attempting to update motor firmware crashes the application. Motor fw stuck on 0.
What I've tried:
- Drivers 336, 337, 345, 346, 352/356, and 361/365
- Uninstalling drivers and removing fanatec devices from device manager between driver attempts
- Repairing driver installations
- Flashing wheelbase FW via bootloader mode and from the game controller properties
- Plugging in the wheelbase to each usb port on my machine
- Uninstalling the usb hub in device manager and rebooting so windows will reinstall usb drivers
- Rolling back windows 10 updates to February 2020