Any news about Podium pedals?

Hello,

This question has probably been asked before, but I haven't found any recent discussion.

I've had a CSP V3 for a few years, which will probably reach the end of its life in the near future.

I'm taking care of it, but it's getting a bit tired.

As long as it lasts, there's no reason for me to change it, but I don't think I'll replace it with the same reference.

Which raises the question of its potential future successor in the podium range.

There were apparently some 'things in the pipeline' a few years ago. But the pipes look big :)

Are we 6 months / 1 year / 2 years away from a potential announcement? I don't want to change brands, but I don't want to go back to the same model in the future either, although I enjoyed my experience with it. I'd just like to move up a range.

Thank you for your advice.

Comments

• No news about a Podium pedal set at all, nope.

• I hope they have a surprise in store for us in 2024.

• What changed since 2020?

"There will be Podium Pedals, this was confirmed from Fanatec.

But I doubt that they will come anytime soon, not this year for sure, maybe next year or 2022"

• edited July 2023

Nothing, other than that it obviously also wasnt 2022 and wont be 2023 as well...

Maybe... 2024? Or 2025? Or whenever Fanatec releases them. As said, there are exactly zero Information.

• Thank you for the response.

That's unfortunate. I've had Fanatec since the original CSP, 3 sets of Clubsport pedals total, and have a Podium DD2 now. Who knows how many universal Hubs, 2 Clubsport shifters, etc with the point being I'd rather stick with Fanatec. But it feels like the podium customers/eco system has been put on the back burner. It's almost impossible to keep track of how many Podium-level pedals there are now, for lack of a better word. They all seem to have done their R&D and have great reviews, taken with salt obviously.

There is a grand total of one Podium wheel. As nice as the BMW wheel is, that is a tough sell to a broader market compared to what's available from numerous other brands. At the absolute minimum, release a durable Podium Universal HUB... simply use a better grade of materials for the button clusters and funky switch so they actually last, tack on another $50 and done.

JMHO

• the impression for a consumer is that fanatec is a little too quiet.

The competition is growing, and there are ambitious new brands coming out with new products (which doesn't mean they're any good).

Lately, Fanatec has been releasing mainly low and mid-range products, but obviously, the high-end doesn't seem to represent enough sales to finalize incomplete product ranges.

These are just guesses, and I suspect the teams are hard at work on new products for the future. From time to time, a little roadmap, without promises or dates, would reassure customers with a high level of brand attachment, or those who are planning to invest in the medium term and are asking themselves questions. Including the question "where is fanatec going?".

Is this a deliberate choice? Is it due to a lack of personnel? Problems with suppliers?

• Who knows.

IMO a huge reason people stick with Fanatec is ease of use within the ecosystem. Once people take the leap to a 3rd party for "podium" level pedals, formula wheels, shifter, etc, it will be almost impossible for Fanatec to get them back considering they'll have already gone through the pains of calibrating all new hardware without Fanalab.

I've been waiting to upgrade my CSP v3i pedals for several years and it appears I'm waiting in vain. They are nice pedals for sure, but they're very long in the tooth. There is 0% chance that once these bite the dust that I'll just buy another set.