Fanatec Driver 456 (prev release candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• The new DD really should be sold with a warning stating that it's not got for purpose at this moment in time. Well for online races it certainly isn't.

Thought I'd improved things with the driver/firmware combo I was using but no. 5 drop outs tonight in around 2 hours of gt7.

Ridiculous!

• Im with update 453 I think.,..

Mine is Fanatec Podium F1 base and wheel.. V3 pedals..

It is ok and safe to update it for the 456?

• Hi, I have a huge problem. I received the new DD+ with the Porsche gt3 steering wheel and after having done all the updates and tried it, the next day the endurance module display no longer turned on. I tried to reinstall the fanatec 454, but nothing. Then I reinstalled the 455 and it only worked once, now I find myself with a steering wheel that is off and not recognized by the Fanatec software. I tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing. It looks like it's broken. Can anyone help me? Thank you

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited April 19

@Gianluca Triolo: You need to install the Driver 456 with base and QR Firmware. This should solve the steering wheel detecting problems. I had the same problems with 455, but with driver 456 it works fine.

• MikstaMiksta Member

Following a tip in this thread I have been turning off Fanalab on PC and that seems to have done the trick for me so far on PC. Haven't had it disconnecting since I have been doing this process.

• just reading through this thread, 455 driver is pretty bad, my steering wheel just go into limp mode (no force feedback) after 10-20 mins, which means I can't do any races. I will give 456 a go but i'm not holding my breath. I have a CSL DD (5 Nm) and McLaren GT3 wheel (PC). If 456 sucks then I will go hunt down the 451. it's the most stable. This is such a shame, good product let down by software.

• @Andre Ciba I have a similar problem since using Extreme. For me, the brake pedal works from about 20%. I already asked for help here, no one answered! I notified the support, received an RMA, sent the pedal for repair, received a new pedal set. But unfortunately, this is the same problem. This is probably also a software problem (not a hardware one). And I can only hope that they deal with this error before the latest update and fix it, because it makes it impossible to compete.

• Hi Miksta, I'm playing ACC on Pc turning off Fanalan and disable the leds on the game and I don"t have any issue. I can"t see anything om the led (clubsport gt extreme) only the setup menu (the most important for me), but i can play for a long time without disconnections.

Playing F123 I have disconnections and i have to reset the base.

• Will the upcoming 457 driver be updated together with the GT7 1.46 version on this Thursday?

• No, driver updates are completely independent of any game update.

• Good morning everyone! regarding the disconnection of the dd extreme on iRacing and loss of feedback on gt7 with relative loss of shift, I noticed that by lowering the force feedback from 60 to 45 the disconnections and loss of feedback disappear! both on iRacing and gt7 otherwise by increasing to 80/90/100 the disconnections occur almost immediately! Let's hope it gets fixed quickly and the 457 comes out!!

• before with 456 disconect immediatly with 455 and ffb 45 no problem

• We all keep trying different methods but the fact is it needs fixing. And hopefully it will be in driver 457, which will hopefully be released this month.

I really cannot use the wheel at the moment as playing online with the knowing of it dropping out just isn't worth it. So for now it's a £1000 desk ornament...

• Hi

I 've bought the bundle Clubsport racing sport wheel F1 03/04/2024

My CSL DD+ works perfectly with driver 4.55 and I updated 4.56 with the firmware update, my steering wheel only displays F FANATEC on the OLED display, I no longer have the boot loader for my steering wheel

After that I lost the steering wheel connection as well as the FFB after 5mm in F1 23 and F1 22 then also in ACC !

I uninstall 4.55 again then reinstall this one and I downgrade the base firmware and I also try to downgrade the steering wheel firmware but impossible !

I launch F1 23 to do a GP 50%, my steering wheel works, the LEDs display correctly and are in sync with F1 23, my CSP V3 also works very well, brake force 50%, I do the entire GP without problem, finally I find my steering wheel and a functional FFB

I launch ACC in PC mode to do a 1 hour race on the Red Bull ring with 27 AI, I run the race without problem, the LEDs on my steering wheel work and the FFB is perfect!

Since then I have put Fanalab back but version 2.01.21, I will later put a more recent version, I launch F1 23 and ACC with Fanalab and I have no problem losing the connection to my steering wheel, the LEDs are fine functional

I think that the firmware update of driver 4.56 of the DD+ base is responsible for the loss of the steering wheel as well as the FFB!

Do like me if you installed the 4.56 driver, uninstalled it then reinstalled the 4.55 driver with downgrade of the base firmware, this partly solved my problem of loss of steering wheel connection, just that I no longer have the display of the boot loader of the steering wheel when starting the base and calibrating the steering wheel, perhaps my steering wheel is bricked, I sent a ticket to support for this hoping for RMA of this one

[url=https://rehost.diberie.com/Picture/Get/f/270598][img]https://rehost.diberie.com/Picture/Get/r/270598[/img][/url]

• good morning everyone lately I've been going crazy with the 455 driver installed I have a big problem with the clutch levers of the podium advanced paddle module practically after a few minutes after turning on the dd gt pro 8nm they activate on their own, going to check on the panel then that the potentiometer shows around 30% forcing me to rotate the selector on the carbon v2 in analogue mode, thus excluding the operation of the clutch levers. could I solve this problem with the 456 drivers? I'll start by saying that I disassembled and rechecked the connectors twice and everything seems to be ok. I don't understand what could cause the enhancement of the clutch paddles to be activated. thanks bye

• Waiting on arrival of a DD+. Reading thru this thread, trying to determine what is a usable FW install for PS5 GT7 - reports are mixed.

Is it:

1) FW from driver pkg 455: ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.0.1.4 / WQR: 1.0.0.3

2) FW from driver pkg 456: ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.0.2.6 / WQR: 1.0.0.7

3) FW ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.0.1.4  with WQR: 1.0.0.7 

4) none of the above wait for 457

and for the wheels:

Can I stick w

Podium HUB: 6 & Podium BME: 22

CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 46

• edited April 21

Mix of 3) and 4).

For now 3) is best and then wait for solution 4).

BME needs an update to support FullForce in the Tuning Menu, otherwise the Tuning Menu is screwed when you dont update the BME.

• thx Maurice!

• Thank you very much, Darren. Now everything is fine! Happy racing! 

• MikstaMiksta Member

Yes the only issue with no Fanalabs is dash and flag info dies but happy to live without it if I can get through my 1-2 hour league racing events without a disconnect.

Also means I can jump into any iRacing session and be confident I am not going to drop FFB and wheel functions

• edited April 22

Short feedback: Update to 1.0.2.0 worked, but I had sporadic problems with the right shift paddle. It stopped responding for 2-3 seconds so I couldn't shift up. I then reinstalled the firmware for driver 455 and since then the problem has gone away

My initial Question was that:

i have a dd pro with the csw 2.5 wheel. iam on the firmware from driver 455. Is it possible to upgrade only the wheel firmware to 1.0.2.0 from the 556 driver, and keep the base firmware from 455?

• So after 6 consecutive weeks without a single disconnect on my DD + Extreme Bundle running on Driver 455, a week ago the disconnect bug slowly developed more and more into a nightmare.

Today I updated ONLY the WQR with the 1.0.0.7 Firmware but unfortunately it hasn't solved the issue at all.

I'm still having Disconnections after a few seconds of driving.

I don't know if it's probably a hardware issue.

Others report it works for them.

I'm following this thread since the beginning and have read everything.

What should or what else can I do?

I guess nothing.

I re flashed the Wheelbase Firmware, I re flashed the Wheel Firmware, I updated the WQR with Driver 456 Firmware 1.0.0.7.

Wheelbase is 2.0.1.4

McLaren V2 is 47

WQR is 1.0.0.7

What boggles my mind is that it worked ABSOLUTELY flawless for 6 weeks.

And suddenly it started to occasionally disconnect 1 or 2 times during 7 to 8 hours of daily and regular driving.

And within a week of more and shorter periods between disconnects, it's now at a point where it ALWAYS disconnects after a few seconds.

So what do you think?.

Is it more like a hardware issue or just a very nasty form of a software bug.

Any news update maybe about a possible driver 457 release would be highly appreciated.

• edited April 22

Nothing you can do other than waiting for driver 457 hopefully late this month which will fix the disconnection issue on CS DD.

• OK Thx Maurice for your quick response.

Fingers crossed you guys will soon gift us plagued Sim Enthusiasts with a good update which will finally solve the problem.

• Neil ReubenNeil Reuben Member
    edited April 23

Recvd base (4 days from order👍) and proceeded w option 3 (Base: 2.0.1.4 with WQR: 1.0.0.7). Install went fine, no issues. Set PBME to 24 and CS Formula V2 to 47. Tested on GT7/PS5 (blue mode) for 1.5 hrs so far, no disconnects. Driver shows all buttons and displays working w both.

Also tested CSP V3 Inverted, SQ1.5, both H and Sequential, and Hanbrake 1.5 - all fine

Issuses so far:

• Square button (9) on PBME sends X instead of Square. Works correctly on other wheels
    • BRF setting in tuning menu no longer activates rev lights to see adjustment visually
    • Upper paddles on APM on PBME used to work turn signals in GT7, no longer (Fine on Formula V2 w APM).

Also tested a 918 RSR wheel that I’d converted to qr2 using SRM adapter. No Rev lights. Everthing else good I realize this is old wheel but if you offer QR1 base side then this will affect some users

• Hi Maurice,

I'm running a CS DD with an F1 Esports V2 - currently on 455 / 2.0.1.4 / WQR @ 1.0.0.3 - have avoided 456 entirely so far. My only issue is that I have to reconnect the wheel every time I turn the base on for it to be recognised (I have not experienced any drop outs though). Is this configuration safe until 457? And will 457 fix the no wheel on boot issue I have?

I'm hesitant to use it much more until I get a response, only had it up and running for a few days since my CSL DD bricked within a couple of hours at the start of the month.

Thanks heaps.

This discussion has been closed.