CS DD+ base is bricked. I'm new to fanatec support.

I ordered the GT DD Extreme two weeks ago. I got it on March 1st. The CS DD+ base bricked itself on March 2nd. I put in a support ticket that day. When will they get back to me and what can I expect them to do?

Comments

• First of all, if you remember, did you try to power it off while it was booting up ( from the moment you turn it on to the moment you hear the little chime sound that USB device is connect ) ? This might be the reason why it bricked itself ( manufacturing issue, not yours )

Don't expect anything at this point, the costumer support is absolutely overwhelmed and are trying their best I hope. If you have a serious itch to race, try going on second hand market and get your self a trusty Thrustmaster T300 ( maybe sell it after it is resolved ). If such option is not viable for you then you will most likely have to wait a long time ( at least a month from what I have learned, but even such time window is not guaranteed or checked, many people are facing the same issue, some say Fanatec will replace it, some haven't even heard an initial answer to their support ticket ).

Fellow bricked CS DD owner, Domantas.

• Do you know if there is a way to do a factory reset when it's turned off? like a pinhole reset button?

• I don't know any way to factory reset it. And from what I can see on the forum, its not known to public.

Also if you remember, did you try to power it off while it was booting up ( from the moment you turn it on to the moment you hear the little chime sound that USB device is connect ) ?

• I don't belive I did that. It had already been on for awhile when it happened. I was trying to put it in ps5 mode and it wouldn't switch over. So then I tried powering down and it didn't turn off. A few moments later it shut itself off and never turned back on.

• well, this gives us some more information. Probably did something similar to powering it off while it was booting, just didn't knew it, as your finger was covering the little light. Or perhaps some power buttons are faulty and causes some internal shorting of the circuits.

Since i used mine strictly on pc, i didnt try to switch between other modes, so i cant say i had the same sequence before the issue happened. But pressing the button while the Clubsport DD was powered on didnt change the light for me, and i believe it should have ( left it as it was, because it worked fine on pc ). So it can be a problem in the power button wiring shorting out if you fiddle with it too much or something like that.

Maurice you better be taking notes and helping out your coworkers find the root cause and the actual problem of these brickings. Many users are bricked up, though sadly in a bad way :D

• SPAZOSPAZO Member

MAURICE, I am having the exact same issue like this member named Caleb Nedden, Coincidentally I too got mine on March 1, 2024; and the exact same thing is happening to mine. I now wonder if that batch of wheel bases has a defect and it might not be the firmware…. In any case, I have sent RMA request for refunds and I still have not heard back at all from anyone in Fanatec….. I WANT TO SEND IT BACK TO GET A REFUND!! ORDER #: 1921837….I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS PRODUCT AT ALL AND WANT MY REFUND!!!

• I got the same issue of my new DD+, too. So frustrated that I even hadn’t got a chance to play!