New Clubsport Racing F1 Wheel mappable in GT7?

I see new Clubsport F1 wheel released with DD+

I assume this new above F1 wheel will behave much like the previous special released F1 wheel below (I think it's called Podium)?

Anyone have above blue handled F1 Podium wheel? and is this wheel visible in Gran Turismo 7 as a Podium wheel?, and are the buttons then mappable within Podium menu? Thanks.

Reason = Formula V2.5, it is recognized as Fanatec DD Pro wheel and not as a Podium. So button mapping on Formula V2.5 is a bit pain in GT7

Comments

• edited March 6

Unless they implement the whole Racing Wheel Bundle into the game it will be the same as the regular Formula Wheel as GT7 uses presets of wheel bundles (base+wheel) and the deciding factor here is always the base, not the wheel.

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

I see, it makes sense. Thanks for your input Maurice.

• i just got my dd+ for one week in Australia and you're telling me you just released a bundle with cheaper price?

FXXK YOU!! Fanascam.

NEVER PRE-ORDER FANASCAM PRODUCT !!!!

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

Hey Peter, glad I'm not the only one seeing this as an inconvenience :-) Thanks for your input.

Based on your post, it sounds promising that feature can be enabled (allow GT7 to recognize Formula V2.5 as a Podium and not GT DD Pro). I don't mean to downplay the work required between Polyphony and/or Fanatec possibly, but it feels like a positive customer experience opportunity.

For example, I have 3 diff wheels (GT DD Pro, McLaren V2, For V2.5). I want to convert all my wheels from QR1 to QR2 (I already bought base side from Black Fri sale). But because all my wheels are recognized only as GT DD Pro, it's tedious to switch wheels as it requires me to change my button mapping every time. Going from GT DD Pro --> Formula V2.5, vise versa is the worst.

Can I change my button map every time I change my wheel? Yes :-) But it's a slap in the face when Fanatec Podium wheel option is sitting there in GT7 controller option menu, which is exactly the same wheel as the Formula V2.5.

I'll keep my hope alive for future GT7 updates :-)

• 100% mate.. Especially when my CDL Elite used to select the right wheel when swapped..

F1 23 allows custom selections of wheel and button assignments etc, why cant GT?