Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• Make sure to set FFS to PEAK and not LINEAR.

• Ralf BellRalf Bell Member

Hi Maurice, is your answer above regarding my question (20Nm instaed of 25 Nm)?

• edited May 8

Yes.

FFS LINEAR = 20Nm Max.

FFS PEAK = 25 Nm Max.

• Ralf BellRalf Bell Member

THX Maurice, I wasn't even aware of that. Good to have experts like you!

• Hi everybody!

I'm having wheel disconnection issues with my CSDD.

I've prepared this message and those videos in order to open a ticket. Should I proceed or wait for a firmware update?         

Platform : PC, problem happens in every games, even in Fanatec software

·        Wheel Base Model : Clubsport DD, USB plugged directly on motherboard, using Fanatec's USB cable, no hub

·        Steering Wheel Model : Clubsport RS Wheel + QR2

·        Driver Version: 457

·        Base FW Version: 2.1.0.4

·        Wheel FW Version: 4

·        Wireless QR Version : 1.1.0.1

·        FanaLab Version: 2.01.21

·        Tuning Menu settings : 900°, FFB at 70%

·        Driver/FanaLab installed on drive: C:\

I've bought a Clubsport DD in March, everything was fine for about 2-3 weeks then I had my first wheel disconnection in F1 2023. It happened on hard turns like hairpins and I lost FFB, Leds and boutons for a few seconds, then it came back but Leds were acting funny for a few seconds. It happened every lap at the same harpin. Changing the usb port (that was working fine for 2 weeks) did the trick and I did not have any disconnection for about 2 weeks. It was with 455 drivers. Video link for wheel disconnection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt5N0zbgTZI

I did notice coilwhine since day 1 but it did not bothered me that much. Video link of coilwhine : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/HsmutmBHQ7o

Then wheel disconnections came back, and were more frequent. Each session, I could play about 20-30min before the disconnections started to happen. Then it was a disconnection every 1-2 min. FFB loss, no leds, no buttons... I started searching the forum and Facebook to find a solution. I saw that the 457 drivers and the hotfix  firmware should address the issue. I've updated everything but still no luck. I've tried downgrading to 455 drivers but no luck. Then I've tried several firmwares, drivers and usb port combinations but still had disconnections.

Disconnections happen now even within the first minutes of driving. And then every minute. It's unplayable. It happens in every game and even in the Fanatec software.

Video playlist with my problems : coilwhine, wheel disconnections etc... https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiUCJE-AETW3pdQ1XR7mtIByjsjwCk14&si=OT_CGkpzkDa2xbSf

Thanks a lot!

• @Alain-Philippe GIRARDIN

I'm just a user and curious about your issues:

1. If you didn't try it until now, just uninstall the driver and fresh install the 457 one.
    2. What kind of USB port are u using? From the specifications I know that it's required an USB 3.0 or above connection.
  • Alan AxonAlan Axon Member
    edited May 8

@Edgar Quintanilla I have disconnects on PC using 457 on Rfactor 2, Le Mans Ultimate and Raceroom. I haven't tested any other games. They don't seem any less frequent but they recover in almost all cases on the latest driver so I stick with that. Last week it was happening almost twice per minute in one race but at the moment it seems to have settled at 5-6 times every 20 minutes. In that time it could be OK for 5 minutes, then happen 30 seconds laters and then be good for another 5 minutes. Seems random.

It seems to happen more in low downforce/FFB cars but that might just be a coincidence.

• @Ovidiu Lupean

Hi! Thanks for your answer.

1° I've just tried a fresh 457 install and still no luck. :(

2° I'm using one of the motherboard USB on the back panel (USB 3.0) but I've tried them all and still not working... :/

• Hello, quick update of my DD+ with V3 pedals and V2.5 and BMW Gt2 wheel.

I went to 457 and it worked pretty well. Better than 456 to be fair with Few short disconnections but it started to happen more lately for some reason and always at the worst time. Just few seconds and it comes back... but depending on situation it can be tricky and i run a esports league so i could not take the risk anymore.

So,

I rolled back to 456 and then 455 for the base FW only.

(If i go from 457 to 455 i got stuck in update mode.)

The rest is still with the latest FW from driver 457.

So far no disconnection after 5 days ( approx 10 hours on ACC ps5 and PC.) It happened almost once in every driving session before.

the full force effect is less "deep", but I think i will keep it that way for now As its a safe "cocktail".

I hope it could help some people here.

• Is anyone using the CSL GT DD Pro and updated to this driver version? Are there any issues?

• @jordan LABBE you need to go from 457 to 456 downgrade and then you can install 455

@Richard Reala, personally I left my DD Pro on 451 and it was fine, so if you are happy maybe best to stay there

• Yep that what i've done as i said :)

• @ Alain-Philippe GIRARDIN

Hallo

I have absolute the same Problem with my CLubsport Racing Wheel Formula Bundle (CS DD+ and Formula V2,5 Wheel). Bought in March it works fine for about 4 Weeks, no problems at all. After about 4 weeks i had the first disconnects, driver was still all from 455. I think ok, lets try the brand new driver 457 but this did not fix the problem. Then i downgradet to 455 but still disconnects, i have tried every possible combination, WB firmware from 455 with WQR from 455, 456, 457. The same for WB Firmware from 456, 457 and the hotfix, differnet wheels. Nothing, still disconnects. On PC in ACC or Raceroom and on PS5 in ACC the Base not only disconnects but the base sometimes shut down itself, this never happened on PS5 in GT7. And i think its getting worse every day, from 1-2 DCs per hour too sometimes 2-3 DCs every lap, its not more playable. I opened a support-ticket but atm no response from fanatec. I can not believe its only firmware, why has the base worked for 4 weeks without any problem and now its a 6 week old 1300 Euro paperweigth even with Firmware from driver 455 thats worked for 4 weeks ? Very frustrating !!!

Platform: PC + PS5

WB: Clubsport DD+ , SN GR 49300.... , Firmware atm from Driver 457

WQR: Firmware atm from Driver 457

Wheel: Formula V2.5 from bundle and McLaren GT3 V2 , booth newest firmeware

Pedals: CSL Elite V2 connected to base

Cable: original from Fanatec

Driver on PC: atm 457

Settings Base : FFB 70-75, NDP38, NFR 0, NDP 0, FF 0

Setting PS5 GT7: FFB 5-6, Intensity 8-10

@Maurice Böschen: What can i do to accelereta the RMA-Process ? Can you help me with a contact ? I know your custumer supprt team is atm overhelmed ...

• Damned that suck. I will send you my updater screenshot if that can help.

• @Mike Schreinert

I feel you bro. Indeed, that's the exact same problem as me. And for me too, it's getting worse every day :(

We can only come to the conclusion that we have hardware issues and need to RMA these bases.

That's so sad and so disapointing to know that it will take so much time for Fanatec to contact us back, to send the units, wait for them to repair and send them back...

Having paid so much money only to get frustrated is a shame.

When I was about to buy my gear, I was considering another cheaper brand (you knwo which one lol). But I told myself to go with Fanatec for their reputation.

Now I see all these forum pages filled with people haissues and youtube videos warning us about Fanatec. I'm starting to be anxious about the brand and how they are going to deal with my problem.

• edited May 8

@ Mike Schreinert

Exactly like my story 😐

Fact that it worked for a couple of weeks without any issues, is twisting my mind big time...

• @James Anastasi

You too? Yeah, zero problem for a few weeks, been playing a couple hours a day no problem.

Then all of a sudden, disconnections, more and more frequently until it's every minute and not playable anymore :(

Gonna put my base and wheel on a shelf until I can RMA my stuff... So disapointed... :(

• @Alain-Philippe GIRARDIN

Yes...me too. I just had to retire from all championships I was currently in. PS5, ACC.

Tried all drivers, firmwares, usb ports, praying, swearing, you name it. Keeps on disconnecting.

• Jordan LABBEJordan LABBE Member
    edited May 8

What works for me on my CS DD+

Pc driver : 455

Wheelbase : 2.0.1.4

Steering wheel bmw gt2 v2 : 3

Wireless QR : 1.1.0.1

As mentionned before, all other combos were having disconections.

More infos :

I also have that coil whine issue since day1.

My rig is grounded

I use a dedicated power slot the power unit

I mostly play acc on ps5 but also have a PC and same results on pc and ps5

I plug the usb at the back of the ps5 or mother board on the PC

On pc i close fanalab to play.

• Since ~457 i have been having miss shifts on my DD1 base with the F12023 wheel, just the right paddle. Everything else seems fine, I am going to try rollback to 455.

• ...ähm *corsair ?!?

• Maybe Corsair will revamp the software side of the business (of course they will) because it sure needs it.

• To those who used to have a stable DD/DD+ but now have constant disconnects, how long do you play each day and do you power off or unplug the base after playing?

• @Robin Ryan de Castro

My base is switched off after each session. I play about 1h a day.

• @Robin Ryan de Castro

I power off base after each session.

Maybe one or two hrs per day approx. (when it was still working that is)

• Gran Turismo® DD Extreme (GT_DD_RW_X_EU) S/N: LVK0493003001480

QR2 Wheel-Side Metal (QR2_WS) S/N: QK01401064E

ClubSport Pedals V3 (CSP_V3) S/N: BC53101537

ClubSport steering wheel Formula V2.5 X (CS_SWFORM_V2.5X) S/N: IA452009900

QR2 Wheel-Side Metal (QR2_WS) S/N: QK02402225E

PS5 Standard with CD drive S/N: F33201HCS14776921

PC driver 457

Wheel Base 2.1.0.3

Steering Wheel 1.0.7.0

Wireless QR 1.1.0.1

Ingame:

Sensitivity controller steering 2

Force-Feddeback max. torque 4 (Group 3 Car)

Force feedback sensitivity 6

SEN: Auto

FFB: 60

FUL: Off

NDP: 38

NFR: 5

NIN: 15

INT: 5

FEI: 100

FOR: 100

SPR: 100

DPR: 100

BLI: Off

ACP: C+H

BRF: 80

All cables original from Fanatec, Wheelbase connected to PS5 front USB-A

Steelseries Arctis Nova Pro Wireless headphones are connected to the back of the PS5. PS5 rest mode is disabled.

Driver installed on the PC on drive C:

I currently only play GT7 on the PS5

Over the last few weeks I've been playing with the 455/456 driver combination with almost no problems.

Yesterday I installed drivers 457 and played for about 9 hours on the PS5 GT7. Everything works perfectly, no failures. I also simply left the PS5 switched on for an hour, GT7 was active, and was able to continue playing without any problems.

I only tested Form V2.5X for about half an hour, without any problems.

The only negative thing I noticed was that my lap times in the current 3 weekly races were 4 to 6 seconds worse. However, an update for GT7 was also installed yesterday. I actually drive pretty consistent lap times in qualifying. Could it be that the deterioration is related to the driver update or the GT7 update?

• Thanks you so much for the detailed feedback. I feel like updating my Gtdd extreme from 455 to 457 now.

Given that the last GT7 update was related to BoP. I makes me believe that was the reason.

• 4 or 5 sec…per lap?! There is a problem there..(or Nordschleife only…) GT7 BOP updates can modify time lap by some tenth…

I am following this thread..as I wait for a stabilized situation for ordering DD+ base and v2,5 wheel..

• Alan AxonAlan Axon Member

@Alain-Philippe GIRARDIN @ Mike Schreinert

I was the same. Bought mid March. Worked perfectly for 3-4 weeks and now has issues even on that original configuration. Did get really bad like every minute but had 3 20 minutes races last night and it only happened 5 times and 3 of those were in the warm up or cool down lap.

@Robin Ryan de Castro About 1-2 hours per day. Maybe 3 at the weekend. Base and Computer fully powered off at the socket after each use.

• @Alan Axon

do you have any updates re the RMA brother?