Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• Gregor PaulGregor Paul Member
    edited May 9

The lap times thing is over ;-)

Maybe I just had an extremely bad day yesterday or paid too much attention to the steering wheel and the wheel base.

I'm now driving my normal, for a relatively old man, good times again :-)

• Good morning

Gran Turismo® DD Extreme (GT_DD_RW_X_EU) S/N: GR50300----

PC 457 driver

Wheelbase 2.1.0.3

Steering Wheel 1.0.7.0

Wireless QR 1.1.0.1

CSL Elite McLaren GT3 V:1 steering wheel

BMW GT2 V2 ClubSport steering wheel

ClubSport V3 Pedals

Only two disconnections in 10 days and for two days disconnections every ten minutes, it becomes frustrating, faithful to Fanatec equipment since 2018, I am on my third base and it is the first time that I am disappointed, but I I always hope that the engineers find the solution to our problems and that they also get out of their financial problems because it is a major brand in the world of simracing and it would be sad if they disappeared.

(Google Translate).

• edited May 9

I have also that metallic grinding noise. I made an video including an decibel meter. Both the microphone an the decibel meter had the same distance of 10 cm. The engine full force is just some kind of humming with 35 to 40 decibel. The road texture effects are pretty loud with 55 to 60 decibel and don't sound healthy (at 34 seconds).

@Maurice Böschen: Can you confirm, that it is an driver issue? Thank you. :-|

https://youtu.be/cGPGgrrqMAc

• edited May 9

Video is private so dont know which noises you mean.

But coil whine would not be a driver issue, no.

Click noises during the FullForce Tests are currently normal and under investigation to be fixed at some point.

• edited May 9

Sorry i changed from „private“ to „not listed“.

The video should work now. Can you please take a listen?

Thank you. :-)

NOTE: Member „Sc“ on page 13 mentioned the same noises. I wanted to quote him but it didn’t work. :-|

NOTE 2: The click noises in the background are from an small solar figure. I just recognised it after I made the video. The sound that worries me is the road texture effect at ~35 second mark.

• Ovidiu LupeanOvidiu Lupean Member
    edited May 9

@Marcel Kannenberg

The exact same sound I have from my DD+ base, same test. Maybe it's normal...

• Alan AxonAlan Axon Member

@James Anastasi No I responded the same day on Monday but have not had a response yet. There are 4 views on the private video I sent but maybe it was all me from different device.

• @Ovidiu Lupean:

I hope so. :-|

In normal mode (when I run any kind of sim) the base is basically absolutely silent.

I would be more relaxed if Mauric would confirm that it’s normal.

• @pascal Only 2 disconnections in 10 days then very frequent. Were you on an older firmware when you only had 2 disconnections?

• @Marcel: After watching the video... That is absolutely normal atm.

• No I updated all software and firmware to update 4.57

• Base: Clubsport DD+

Wheels: Formula 2.5 (Most Used), McLaren & Univesal Hub v2

Pedals: Clubsport V3

Driver: 455

PS5 Only

GT7 & ACC

Pre Ordered DD+ Nov & Received beginning of March. No idea what the default firmware was, but updated to the latest 455 at the time.

No major issues apart from minor coil whine which comes and goes and is not constant. Sometimes I notice it and other times I don't. Doesn't seem to affect anything.

Only thing I've noticed is if I'm in GT7 and adjust the Fanatec FFB Setting on the wheel (Formula 2.5), it doesn't seem to take and the base needs to be shut off / turned back on.

Play Time: 1-2hrs each day during the week. 4-6hrs each day on the weekend (Not always in succession).

PS5 & Wheel Base are always powered off when I'm not using them (Rarely use rest mode) and the Base is connected directly using the Fanatec cable to the front USB Port of the PS5. When powering everything on, I hit the PS Button on the controller, Power on the base and power on the TV. All in succession and I don't wait for one device to fully power on before doing the next.

Base/Wheel has never disconnected while using.

SOMETIMES I have Pause/Un-Pause in GT7 when I start driving to get the FFB to feel normal, but I attribute that to a GT7 software issue.

I know this may not help some, but wanted to mention that the 455 has been solid for myself and I'm hesitant to update it if everything is working fine.

• @Maurice Böschen Please take a look at my video: https://youtu.be/14xbxRZfcsA

My DD+ base is making loud coil whine and a scratchy vibration at the same time. The vibration is making a strange noise, not like the common coil whine.

Is this qualified for an RMA or can be fixed with future firmware?

• Yes, that is not normal.

• Thanks. I've sent an RMA request and waiting for a response.

• Exact same here Raymond.

Maurice, is that concerning ? Do we know technically what makes this noise and finally if its dangerous for the base ?

Thank you

• Not dangerous, just annoying.

• @Jordan LABBE

If it's just coil whine, then it won't cause damage to the hardware, although it's annoying.

But the vibration / pitched and scratchy noise is another issue... I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the capacitor or other things on the PCBA. The capacitor is commonly used in PCBA to stabilize the voltage and filter out noise and is capable of generating high pitch noise if it's malfunctioning. It could be damaging.

So if I'm correct on this, it's better to RMA the base and let Fanatec to replace the PCBA or the noisy capacitor or any other thing that's causing the vibration.

• Ok thank you.

• Gary SGary S Member

Problems with my new Podium Button Module Endurance. The LCD, buttons and LED lights all freeze at random points. I am not sure if this is fanalab related or driver related. I have looked online yesterday, and this seems common with the button module endurance units. Is this a known fault with the hardware...or a driver issue. Some posts with the same problem I am experiencing is going back to 2020 etc.

I am using a DD2 wheelbase FYI.

• Which game? AMS2 by any chance?

AMS2 has some issues with the ITM for whatever reason, the game developers are investigating.

We re-wrote the whole ITM communication last year and cant improve it any further. If its happening outside of AMS2 then it might be a hardware limitation which we currently can not solve and would need to investigate further in the coming months - not anytime soon though.

• Gary SGary S Member
    edited May 10

No, it is iRacing. I have not tried in AMS2 yet. Just been doing some ovals and noticed the freezing on the PBME. Before this (2 weeks ago and prior) I was using a formula v2 for the oval racing and this never locked or froze that I can remember.

The only other thing I can think of was I changed to a QR2 system with this "upgrade". So thinking of loose or mis-connected wires...but then I read online that there is a lot of customers having the PBME freeze. Would this be an earth issue on the DD2. Worth pointing out that when the freeze occurs...the PBME is still getting power. The screen will remain on and the LEDs (the ones that are lit at the time of the freeze) will stay illuminated. Steering (FFB) and APM paddles etc still work, but all buttons and dials on the PBME board become unresponsive.

To add, if I take the wheel off the QR and re-attach, the PBME works fine again. I do not need to cycle power to the wheelbase DD2.

• Ah so not the ITM Freezes but the whole buttons on the BME?

That sounds like a USB connection issue between the Module and the Hub and you should contact the support.

• Hello, when will all the buttons on the Mclaren GT3 V2 steering wheel work on Xbox series X?

• Sometime this year the features of the already developed Fanatec Xbox SDK will be implemented into the firmware.

In the end it is up to the game developers though to implement the new Fanatec Xbox SDK (which first games like Forza already did) to make use of the new features once the new firmware becomes available later this year.

• Following my message, page 14, TLDR :

I've had wheel disconnections (CSDS) every minute or so for about 2 weeks. Did not had any issue for the first 2 weeks then the issue was getting worse everyday.

My base has coilwhine too.

But, yesterday evening, Iaunched AC for à Quick drift. Had the fist wheel disconnection whtin a minute. Then a second one a minute later, as usually.

But then I did not had any disconnection since 😯

I've played for about 2h and no problem at all. I did not do anything to make it work again. I did not change any driver or software setting or switched USB port, nothing. It just came back to life.

Been enjoying since yesterday 🥳

Hope the problem won't come back.

Anyway, I've opened a ticket a couple days ago.

Will keep you updated

Good luck, Friends! 🫡

• We hope CORSAIR IS YOUR NEW BOSS.

It takes less time to develop SDKs, drivers, customer service and simpler and more functional programs. fingers crossed.

• Hey, it's me again. Wheel disconnections came back :(

• Revert back to 455 y'all. Its the one with the least amount of disconnect/ ffb drop. 456 and 457 clearly still has issues that need to be ironed out. I hate the fact that mods/admins here are the first ones the suggest rma the base or that the base is faulty when it's the driver and firmware that causes the issues. 455 has been rock solid for me since day one and I don't see myself updating to 457 and do troubleshooting for a multimillion dollar company with this type of customer service

• @Shafat Islam

I've tried all firmwares and drivers and it's been acting exactly the same, for me.

Problem started to happen on 455 for me. :(